GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospect Battle: Silfverberg vs Zibanejad - Battle of the Titans!

+2
wprager
PTFlea
6 posters

Silfverberg vs Zibanejad

Prospect Battle: Silfverberg vs Zibanejad - Battle of the Titans! Vote_lcap250%Prospect Battle: Silfverberg vs Zibanejad - Battle of the Titans! Vote_rcap2 50% [ 4 ]
Prospect Battle: Silfverberg vs Zibanejad - Battle of the Titans! Vote_lcap250%Prospect Battle: Silfverberg vs Zibanejad - Battle of the Titans! Vote_rcap2 50% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this is a neat question. Fans around here appear to favour Silfverberg, but it's a LOT closer than it looks.

Zibanejad was used incorrectly in Djurgardens as a 3C checking line player. He still managed to put up points in that scenario and obviously scored the golden goal. He's got size, he's got strength, he's got an endless motor.

Silfverberg's achievements are well documented. He won the MVP of the SEL, MVP of the playoffs, won a title for Brynas, captained the team when Dackell went down and played really, really well in the playoffs for Ottawa, culminating in a couple of dominant shifts in Game 7 (wouldn't that have been something if he had scored).

Simple question: who's the better prospect?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Right now, Silfverberg is closer. Zibanejad has a year of the AHL ahead of him and if he doesn't work his tail off he'll have a tough time breaking into the lineup next year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I went with Silf just because of his achievements so far, but it's tough to say who will become the better NHLer. Silf could be the next Corey Locke for all I know, and Z-Bad might be better-equipped (physically) to deal with the NHL.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think Zibanejad will be the better NHLer at the end of the day but I have no idea in all honesty. Like both guys but neither has established them selves on NA ice.

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Who knows until they actually start playing. I'm undecided

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I've maintained for awhile now that Mika is our top prospect, so I'll stick with that. Can't go wrong with either choice, but I'll take the player with the better "raw skills".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guessed Silfverberg and I stand by it, but that could all change in an instant this fall - lockout or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum