GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zibanejad Signs ELC

+13
SensHulk
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
shabbs
sandysensfan
wprager
Riprock
Da lil Guy
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
Ev
rooneypoo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Well playing in your hometown (Stockholm, no less) for fans that love you, in a league against men that will give him some quality mintues, sure beats playing in Binghamton NY, and having to ride AHL busses.

If he's not in the NHL he is better off in the SEL, IMO.

If he didn't have another year at Djurgarden, then it would be a different story.

I disagree, it would be better to ride the buses and get acclimatized to the entire NA culture from soup to nuts. However, I don't really care what he does, as long as he works his tail off, which is a given considering the scouting reports. All I'm saying personally is that I think it would benefit him, but I look forward to the Gladiator style training camp next year if he goes back.

Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Yakopov (Sarcasm), Stone, Petersson, Da Costa, O'Brien (you have to give him a chance, although I think we all think he probably doesn't have a bright NHL future), Noesen (not yet likely), Puempel, Prince (neither will likely be ready), battles up the ying-yang. Guys probably finishing their checks in scrimmages trying to knock guys out. Fun times coming.

Sweden is not that different from North America. Plus, part of his family lives in Georgia so I assume he goes there quite a bit. Probably won't need much acclimatization.

62Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Da lil Guy

Rookie
Rookie

I'd rather he not be in the AHL, because if he's there there's going to be the temptation to call him up. I'd rather not burn a year of his ELC.

I'm glad he signed so he can come to training camp, but I really hope he doesn't stick.

I'm hoping this team will be looking to go to the cap ceiling again in a few years, and if so we'll be glad we don't have to count any more than $1.75 mil for him.

63Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:What's all the hub-bub about? Zibanejad has a contract with the SEL, with an out-clause for the NHL. Either he plays in the NHL, or he goes back to the SEL. End of story. If he's out of the NHL, he's better off in the SEL anyway. See Rundblad, David and/or Karlsson, Erik.

This is so much about nothing, lads.
Erik Karlsson's 12 games in Bingo say hello.

Wink

64Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:What's all the hub-bub about? Zibanejad has a contract with the SEL, with an out-clause for the NHL. Either he plays in the NHL, or he goes back to the SEL. End of story. If he's out of the NHL, he's better off in the SEL anyway. See Rundblad, David and/or Karlsson, Erik.

Wink

And, more to the point, his 0 games in the SEL after his first NHL pre-season game.

65Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

And, more to the point, his 0 games in the SEL after his first NHL pre-season game.
Yep.

66Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Wink

Mid season says hello, too. Karlsson made the roster out of the gate.

Zibanejad will either make the NHL roster out of camp, or go back to the SEL. He will not be staying if he doesn't make the team. If he makes it and then gets demoted to the AHL later because of his play, so be it. Zibanejad is saying that he will make the team or go home. This is really not difficult to follow.

67Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Zibanejad will either make the NHL roster out of camp, or go back to the SEL. He will not be staying if he doesn't make the team. If he makes it and then gets demoted to the AHL later because of his play, so be it. Zibanejad is saying that he will make the team or go home. This is really not difficult to follow.
I'm following it just fine Dr. Poo. I don't recall ever hearing Karlsson say he wouldn't play in the AHL though... I was surprised at the comment. We all know how it works with his commitment to the SEL.

68Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

No doubt...the debate was whether he can start in the AHL, which he could, but he won't want to.

69Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

No doubt...the debate was whether he can start in the AHL, which he could, but he won't want to.

This is so much about nothing.

70Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Summertime slowness...

Wink

71Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been reviewing the situation ... unless Regin has another bad camp (which he cannot afford to have), Zibanejad is going back to the SEL (or AHL, if we can convince him and his SEL club).

72Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

For the record, I'm fine with Zib going back to the SEL for one more year. Fine tune his development, continue to compete with men etc.... The Sens are not going to be contenders anytime soon and this coming season will probably not be much better than last season, so there's no "rush" to get him here.

73Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:For the record, I'm fine with Zib going back to the SEL for one more year. Fine tune his development, continue to compete with men etc.... The Sens are not going to be contenders anytime soon and this coming season will probably not be much better than last season, so there's no "rush" to get him here.

I certainly don't want the Sens to rush him, but I have confidence in Murray and MacLean to make the right choice.

74Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:For the record, I'm fine with Zib going back to the SEL for one more year. Fine tune his development, continue to compete with men etc.... The Sens are not going to be contenders anytime soon and this coming season will probably not be much better than last season, so there's no "rush" to get him here.

They are certainly better between the pipes... but a lot depends on how the defense plays this year. Also better coaching....

75Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:

They are certainly better between the pipes... but a lot depends on how the defense plays this year. Also better coaching....
The pipes, yes. The coaching.. that is still TBD if you ask me. I agree, it looks like we should be better based on what has been put together, but until they actually start coaching, it's an unknown.

76Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

The pipes, yes. The coaching.. that is still TBD if you ask me. I agree, it looks like we should be better based on what has been put together, but until they actually start coaching, it's an unknown.

Good point.

77Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Good point.
I'd trust Murray to step in in some way or form and say something if he thought the situation was being miss-used. Zib will play if he can and looks like he can handle it if not he'll be sent back. both options are fine by me.

78Zibanejad Signs ELC - Page 5 Empty Re: Zibanejad Signs ELC Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Good point.
I'd trust Murray to step in in some way or form and say something if he thought the situation was being miss-used. Zib will play if he can and looks like he can handle it if not he'll be sent back. both options are fine by me.
Fair enough, but Shabbs is right to say that we can't praise the coaching until we get a sense of our new coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum