GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockey's Future Prospect of the Year 2011: David Rundblad

+14
strachattack
stempniaksen
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
sandysensfan
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Actually yeah, I had forgotten about Yost, he's alright.

Yost is so full of crap it's not funny.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=134

He just nominated Chris Philips and Robin Lehner as the Sens 2 most overrated players.

What the hell? Chris Phillips I can maybe see - although we all know what he brings to the table, he's not a flashy player at all, but Robin Lehner? What a dumb thing to say.

So I guess he's not "alright" after all. Laugh1 Laughing3

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

One bad year in an otherwise outstanding career with Ottawa does not automatically make a player 'overrated'. There are no words to express the stupidity in mentioning Lehner as 'overrated'.

Be kind to your brain cells, don't read Hockeybuzz.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:One bad year in an otherwise outstanding career with Ottawa does not automatically make a player 'overrated'. There are no words to express the stupidity in mentioning Lehner as 'overrated'.

Be kind to your brain cells, don't read Hockeybuzz.

The fact that Yost is based in Long Island should be a red flag anyway. His "insights" just confirm how full of Dung this guy is.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yost's posts are entertaining and more often that not there is some truth to them. I think people forget that he is a blogger and he writes his opinions, not facts.

Is Phillips overrated? After last season no because he just plain stunk. If he doesn't have a bounce-back year than yeah, he's overrated. Otherwise he played in front of an awful goalie against opposing teams' top-line and with an offensive-defenceman as his partner. I wouldn't be shocked to see him paired with Cowen this coming season. I think he'll bounce back quite nicely.

Is Lehner overrated? Perhaps. He's played well, don't get me wrong, but we view him as the future and aside from the numbers he's posted this playoffs, his regular season statistics weren't very spectacular. I hope we don't start idolizing him like Leaf fans do with every new player they get, see: Kadri, Lupul, Komisarek, Phaneuf, Toskala, The Monster. I think maybe that's what Yost was trying to get at. Give him time to develop, and bring consistency to his game. Right now our goalie is Anderson. Lehner won't be starting in Ottawa for at least 3 more years; probably backing up in two.

Most overrated player on the Sens: Chris Neil

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Neil = WIN

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Chris Philips had a disappointing season but that doesn't make him overrated. He's lived up to his billing in Ottawa otherwise.

Lehner is only 19, it's stupid to make any sort of ratings on him. Most of his season was ruined with the gong show goaltending we had, he's exceeded expectations in taking the team to the Finals.

Yost is more than welcome to write his opinion, I'm more than welcome to write mine on how stupid his are.

The opinions expressed in the average post on GMhockey are far better than anything than him and his boss Fakelund could ever hope to write.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Chris Neil = non-fighter, non-scorer, non-PKer, non-PPer. Doesn't play two-way hockey. He's a role player without a role.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chris Neil = non-fighter, non-scorer, non-PKer, non-PPer. Doesn't play two-way hockey. He's a role player without a role.

Yeah, but mostly WIN.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Chris Neil = non-fighter, non-scorer, non-PKer, non-PPer. Doesn't play two-way hockey. He's a role player without a role.

Don't forget that this was a horrible season for everyone. I mean, if the big guns aren't scoring, you're screwed. He should be good for 10 goals - or he better be this year. He fights a fair bit - and is tough as nails - I don't really understand what you mean. He's also a great forechecker and an excellent guy to have along the boards - especially for cycling. And scoring off a hard cycle is starting to become en vogue now.

I agree, he had a terrible year, but I certainly don't know about him being the most overrated. I bet SJ wished to heck they had him during the WCF.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Neil doesn't fight ? Really ? Facepalm

Neil is one of the few physical players we have that actually throws hits and isn't afraid to stand in front of the opposing team's net. His role will be more important now that Carkner will probably be a #7 D-man. He has more skill than the average NHL goon.

Most overrated Sens player = Peter Regin. A couple of highlight goals in Europe and the WC and people act like he's the greatest prospect we have. Please note that I am not saying he sucks just that he's done almost nothing in the NHL to deserve the amount of hype about him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally think Regin has a ton of skill and determination - I actually thought he showed some grit as well during his horrible last season. I don't think he's overrated personally, I just think he's lost a chance at being a slam dunk top 6 winger for this club this upcoming season, he's gonna have to really battle it out. So after he's done rehabbing his shoulder, his legs better be tree trunks and he better be prepped to fight for a spot in camp.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Most overrated is probably Michalek.

Neil is also a bit overrated but not like DWC described. I think he's pretty replaceable

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michalek is fast, crashes the net, works hard and kills penalties, plus he's dangerous SH.

Maybe Z.Smith can someday fill in for Neil, he's not there yet.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Michalek is fast, crashes the net, works hard and kills penalties, plus he's dangerous SH.

I feel this will most likely be Neil's last season in Ottawa. TOo much depth now and with Z. Smith and Bass in Bingo. Really feel Bass will get the call when Neil has departed Ottawa

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
I feel this will most likely be Neil's last season in Ottawa. TOo much depth now and with Z. Smith and Bass in Bingo. Really feel Bass will get the call when Neil has departed Ottawa

Bass is an RFA this summer, I don't even think he'll be given a qualifying offer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Michalek is fast, crashes the net, works hard and kills penalties, plus he's dangerous SH.

Ok, that doesn't mean he isn't overrated lol.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Ok, that doesn't mean he isn't overrated lol.

Not to me, he's met my expectations. Injuries are the only sore point but his skill set is as advertised.

As for Neil I think he is underrated considering other teams pay people like Boogard, Shelley to do what he does and he does more.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Bass is an RFA this summer, I don't even think he'll be given a qualifying offer.

I think he will, he's been pretty good for Bingo and I doubt he thinks he's going to get a one-way offer from another team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum