GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Rundblad Appreciation Thread

+5
Flo The Action
shabbs
SensHulk
PTFlea
Ev
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Goodbye David. I'm sure people wouldn't be too up in arms over this deal if you looked like Mike Ricci instead.

also I appreciate Dat Pass:

2David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good luck in Phoenix. Certainly didn't want to see him go personally.

3David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:18 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lmao @ teenage dream Laugh1

4David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:22 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will miss your accent.

I will miss Google Translating your blog and cracking up over the Dung of the translation.

I will miss defending you for not covering your man.

I will miss defending you for pinching on every shift.

Goodbye

5David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I will miss the hope we had for his offensive potential... I won't miss the pucks in the back of our net from his miscues.

6David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm sure i'll miss him a lot more in few years if he reaches his full potential.

7David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:11 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Great article on past winners and players with similar accomplishments in the SEL:

http://www.silversevensens.com/2011/12/19/2644876/what-does-david-petrasek-have-to-do-with-ottawa#storyjump

2007-08: Mikko Luoma

Louma was a 6th round selection (181st overall) of the Edmonton Oilers in 2002. His Salming Trophy came for a 35-point (10G, 25A) season with the awesome HV71. He played in 49 games that season. Obviously, he was playing in the Elitserien five years after he was drafted, and that's not an encouraging sign.

In fact, he lasted just one year in the Oilers' system, playing 65 games for the AHL's Toronto Roadrunners in 2003-04. In those games, he manged just 26 points -- four goals and 22 assists. He also appeared in three games for Edmonton, recording an assist. After that, he returned to the Elitserien, where he has remained.

2008-09: Marcus Ragnarsson

Rangarsson may go by the more awesome name "Magnus" in Sweden. Anyway, he was a 5th round selection (99th overall) for the San Jose Sharks in 1992. Rangarsson played in the NHL for 10 years, and was a Sharks representative at the 2001 All Star Game. His highest point total, 39 (8G, 31A) came in his first year with the Sharks. He returned to Sweden during the lockout (BETTMAN SUCKS) and stayed there.

During his Salming-winning season, he scored 37 points (12G, 25A) in 49 games for the silly Djurgårdens IF. He was forced to retire due to injury a few years later.

2009-10: Magnus Johansson

Johansson was undrafted. However, he did sign a one-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks in 2007. His four assists in 18 games got him traded to the Florida Panthers for a draft pick, though which one is not readily apparent. In Florida, he notched 10 assists in 27 games. His contract up, he signed with Atlant Moscow of the KHL.

Suffice it to say, that's not a very impressive track record of NHL success. Rangarsson is the only player who had an NHL career that lasted longer than one year.

Other Comparables

Rundblad's 50 points were the third-most in the Elitserien last year. On a whim, I decided to check on his competition: How many other top Elitserien scorers had been drafted by NHL teams?

Joakim Lindström - 2nd round, 41st overall by Columbus in 2002. Never caught on, traded to Anaheim, waived and claimed by Chicago (but re-claimed by Anaheim instead, so Chicago never got him) then traded to Phoenix, then headed to the KHL. Signed a one-year deal with Colorado this season, but was waived by the team in November. Currently playing for Skellefteå AIK.

Mikko Lehtonen - 3rd round, 83rd overall by Boston in 2005. Played two years for Providence, Boston's AHL affiliate, and then returned to Sweden. His rights were traded to Minnesota, but he's currently playing in the KHL.

Martin Thörnberg - Undrafted.

Byron Ritchie - 7th round, 165th overall by Hartford(!) in 1995. Bounced all over the place, and currently playing in a Swiss league. Harbors a strong dislike for francophones.

Niklas Andersson - 4th round, 68th overall by Quebec in 1989. He played for a lot of NHL teams, but only one (the Islanders) kept him for more than one year, and he spent most of his time in that organization playing for their IHL (you read that right) team.

Linus Videlll - 7th round, 204th overall by Colorado in 2003. Has never played for any North American team.

Per-Åge Skrøder - Undrafted.

Pär Arlbrandt - Undrafted.

Jaroslav Hlinka - Undrafted, but played one year for Colorado in 2007. Currently playing for nerd squad Linköpings HC.

Makes me wonder if Rundblad was the 1st legit NHLer of that mold or more of the same.

8David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Rundblad is 100% a European player. That's how he plays the game and probably always will.

In 3 years, my take is that people will be viewing Turris as a legit 2nd line center, perhaps 1B and Rundblad will have found a new team or two in that time.

The Rundblad hype is to the point of stupidity.

9David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Rundblad is 100% a European player. That's how he plays the game and probably always will.

In 3 years, my take is that people will be viewing Turris as a legit 2nd line center, perhaps 1B and Rundblad will have found a new team or two in that time.

The Rundblad hype is to the point of stupidity.

A little bit of European flair doesn't hurt but we have plenty of that already.

10David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

ahem....this is an appreciation thread! Take your criticisms in one of the other Rundblad vs Turris threads.

Do your duty Prags! Dammit!

11David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rundblad was certainly a victim of steep expectations (from the fans perspective). The Sens kinda overhyped him based on his great season in the SEL.

I would argue that he played the same as Karlsson when Karlsson first got here.

Time will tell.

12David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Rundblad was certainly a victim of steep expectations (from the fans perspective). The Sens kinda overhyped him based on his great season in the SEL.

I would argue that he played the same as Karlsson when Karlsson first got here.

Time will tell.

I've never seen anything in their games that is anything alike. The only thing they have in common is they are offesnvie D men. It's like saying Souray and Karlsson are similar.

13David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson showed signs of learning from his mistakes, Murray even praised him for being a smart player and a quick learner. I've seen nothing like that from Rundblad nor praise.

Ultimately he'd be playing second fiddle behind Cowen and Karlsson here.

Players like Turris do not generally become available, they didn't want to trade him he gave them no choice.

14David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Karlsson showed signs of learning from his mistakes, Murray even praised him for being a smart player and a quick learner. I've seen nothing like that from Rundblad nor praise.

Players like Turris do not generally become available, they didn't want to trade him he gave them no choice.

And in spite of being praised, Karlsson ended up playing in the AHL. Why didn't Rundblad get sent down? The answer to that question is probably a clue to why he got dealt.

15David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Karlsson showed signs of learning from his mistakes, Murray even praised him for being a smart player and a quick learner. I've seen nothing like that from Rundblad nor praise.

And in spite of being praised, Karlsson ended up playing in the AHL. Why didn't Rundblad get sent down? The answer to that question is probably a clue to why he got dealt.

There were injuries too.....By the time Carkner got back, Kuba and Gonch were out. Need Lee and Rundblad as 6th/7th Dmen before that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum