GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Rundblad Appreciation Thread

+5
Flo The Action
shabbs
SensHulk
PTFlea
Ev
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson showed signs of learning from his mistakes, Murray even praised him for being a smart player and a quick learner. I've seen nothing like that from Rundblad nor praise.

Ultimately he'd be playing second fiddle behind Cowen and Karlsson here.

Players like Turris do not generally become available, they didn't want to trade him he gave them no choice.

17David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Karlsson showed signs of learning from his mistakes, Murray even praised him for being a smart player and a quick learner. I've seen nothing like that from Rundblad nor praise.

Players like Turris do not generally become available, they didn't want to trade him he gave them no choice.

And in spite of being praised, Karlsson ended up playing in the AHL. Why didn't Rundblad get sent down? The answer to that question is probably a clue to why he got dealt.

18David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Karlsson showed signs of learning from his mistakes, Murray even praised him for being a smart player and a quick learner. I've seen nothing like that from Rundblad nor praise.

And in spite of being praised, Karlsson ended up playing in the AHL. Why didn't Rundblad get sent down? The answer to that question is probably a clue to why he got dealt.

There were injuries too.....By the time Carkner got back, Kuba and Gonch were out. Need Lee and Rundblad as 6th/7th Dmen before that.

19David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

We'll see how Maloney and Tippett deal with him.

As a plus we may get some amusing tweets from Paul Bissonette about him.

20David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:27 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

We'll see how Maloney and Tippett deal with him.

As a plus we may get some amusing tweets from Paul Bissonette about him.

He's quite a character.

21David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:And in spite of being praised, Karlsson ended up playing in the AHL. Why didn't Rundblad get sent down? The answer to that question is probably a clue to why he got dealt.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of speculation on that. I doubt we'll end up getting a definitive answer, but I tend to believe the rumours.

22David Rundblad Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Rundblad Appreciation Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of speculation on that. I doubt we'll end up getting a definitive answer, but I tend to believe the rumours.

I'd say it's a bit more that just rumours. Rundblad did publically balk at the possibility of playing in the AHL when asked. There is some substance here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum