GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockey's Future Prospect of the Year 2011: David Rundblad

+14
strachattack
stempniaksen
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
sandysensfan
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
marakh wrote:Like I said, we already had Anderson signed and he was still playing like 9/10 games...
90% of the teams that play very well after being out of the picture after february don't carry it over to the next season and It's just facts. Those wins were meaningless and we didn't put ourselves in the best position possible, and you all know it.
Most teams probably had Jeff Skinner top 10 even if some Scouting Services had him in the 20's.
I remember last year I was sure he would go top 10, as well as Johansen. I mean the guy scored 50 goals...
This year is probably the same. Huberdeau is 5-10 on most lists, I thought for months now, even before the playoffs he would go top 3 and I stand by it.
No matter what the draft looks like on the internet, the Sens scouts have a ranking list and because Clouston who they knew would be fired was allowed to play Anderson for most of the games, they will maybe have to take what's left instead of the guy they want.

Now, we have 6 picks in the top 65 which is a good thing because statistically this is one of the best CHL crop ever. Just looking at the top 6 forwards they are all way over PPG. Last year there were guys taken top 10 who were barely PPG. And it's even better when you go deeper into the list.
There's a Corey Perry in there somewhere, I am sure Smile

i hope there`s a Perry in there and also hope BM picks him out for us.

there`s alot of interesting points in there. The ISS rankings haven`t been the best gauges over the years as far as success.
I think it`s always best to be able to draft high but there are some instances where it won`t make a difference. It`s all comes down to how good your scouting is. BM`s scouting is great but from what I`ve read they`re fond of Lando. I`ve got serious doubts about his potential. I`d much sooner go after a Huberdeau.
I think it's also in the realm of possibilities that we move up in the draft. I also believe that with our 6th pick we could pick an absolute winner. Strome could be the Skinner of this year's draft. Not the same type of player but as far as having gone past top 5. It's all in the air. One thing is for sure, I'm very happy to have BM picking and not some Muckler-esque GM.

Murray managed to get BOTH Getzlaf & Perry in that draft by trading up... He's been in the business a long time, so he will try his best to get what he wants. I don't think he will sell the farm.... but of course, he does need a dance partner.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping Murray pulls a rabbit or two out of a hat at the draft.

I doubt we've heard correctly which players are tops on their list. That list was only put together fairly recently and they're not going to advertise who they are.

I remember mysterious articles appearing on how the Sens wanted to draft Kadri (even Burke believed them).

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:I'm hoping Murray pulls a rabbit or two out of a hat at the draft.

I doubt we've heard correctly which players are tops on their list. That list was only put together fairly recently and they're not going to advertise who they are.

I remember mysterious articles appearing on how the Sens wanted to draft Kadri (even Burke believed them).
Laughing3

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ugh don't start...please!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

Ugh don't start...please!

Don't start what? I'm confused.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Last week or two weeks ago a whole "did Murray want Kadri" argument started on HFBoards, lasted for a whiiiile.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Last week or two weeks ago a whole "did Murray want Kadri" argument started on HFBoards, lasted for a whiiiile.

Ha. I see. Fair enough. At the risk of starting it again, I'll offer my opinion that, given the choice between Cowen and Kadri, Murray picks Cowen every time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Last week or two weeks ago a whole "did Murray want Kadri" argument started on HFBoards, lasted for a whiiiile.

Yeah, Leafs fans can suck a ****, that's why it lasted a while.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

For what it's worth I am of the opinion that they definitely wanted him. But don't start it again, please1

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Laugh1

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

For what it's worth I am of the opinion that they definitely wanted him. But don't start it again, please1

Not starting it, I swear. One question though. You're Murray. Both NK and JC are available when you pick. Who do you take?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't really care to be honest, I was arguing because Leaf fans can be annoying as Dung. 10 times out of 10 with MPS, Cowen and Kadri on the board, we take Cowen or MPS IMO, but again, don't care, glad we drafted Cowen and not Kadri.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not trying to start anything, I first saw the Kadri articles in the Sun (or Citizen) at the time. I don't go to HFboards much, my head begins to throb reading their stupid trade proposals. I believe that the Sens admitted it was a red herring anyway, I'm shocked anyone argues over this.

Only point I was trying to make is no one from the Sens will acknowledge who's on their list (and if anything they'll leak false info to mislead teams) so I'm weary of any info stating who Murray wants to draft.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jurke = Genius

Murray = Senile Old Fool Who Talks Funny

End of story.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just three more and I run the board!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was wondering why I saw wpgrager all over the home page. Fluff to the extreme!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I was wondering why I saw wpgrager all over the home page. Fluff to the extreme!

I had the run of the board for a while. I still have it loaded in another tab. I should reduce the fontsize to fit it all in an post a screencap.

It's a record that will never be beaten!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

People please stop ruining my attempts of total domination over the board. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum