GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONFIRMED - APRIL FOOLS!!!!!Need Help!! GMHockey.com blocked at work!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:All of those ways require you to open up your PC for remote access which is frowned upon.
Not if you're doing it via a secure, encrypted tunnel.

Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Too risky. I already get scared using the proxy site. Even using google to find it worried me. Ohnoes!

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:All of those ways require you to open up your PC for remote access which is frowned upon.

Smile

I think shabbs needs to visit Ottawa and have a "tour" of my office and my home. :D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Smile

I think shabbs needs to visit Ottawa and have a "tour" of my office and my home. :D
HA HA! That would probably be easier...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Smile

HA HA! That would probably be easier...

For me at least.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

Smile

Please! This is The Cap'n we're talking about.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Smile

Heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Smile

Heh heh.

Mind you, on the other hand, two boxes of donuts is only about $12. That might be all it would take.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay prages I'll buy you those donuts plus I'll throw in gas money for you to come here. :D

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:And here's 40 ways to access your computer remotely:
http://mashable.com/2007/09/07/remote-access/

Again, all of these aim at bypassing your IT dep't blocking certain sites. If they start blocking whatever IP range your ISP gave you you're SOL.

Do you download this to the work PC then to home or just one? I'm confused.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You can also try Go To My PC:

http://www.gotomypc.com/remote_access/remote_access

Not free, but there is a free trial you can try.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does it still work if my laptop goes into sleep mode?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Does it still work if my laptop goes into sleep mode?
No. The machine you are trying to reach needs to be on.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How do I keep the laptop from going into sleep mode? I want to access my home laptop from work when I'm at work.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How do I keep the laptop from going into sleep mode? I want to access my home laptop from work when I'm at work.
Change your power settings to never go to sleep mode/standby mode when plugged in.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:How do I keep the laptop from going into sleep mode? I want to access my home laptop from work when I'm at work.
Change your power settings to never go to sleep mode/standby mode when plugged in.

Clutch headed to Trailing edge for a spring cleaning of the laptop me thinks. I get lots of Virtual memory low, out of system resources messages so leaving it open all the time is not viable yet. :D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Clutch headed to Trailing edge for a spring cleaning of the laptop me thinks. I get lots of Virtual memory low, out of system resources messages so leaving it open all the time is not viable yet. :D

Linux, my friend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Okay prages I'll buy you those donuts plus I'll throw in gas money for you to come here. :D

I meant your IT guys. Get to know them. Take up smoking if you have to (if they smoke -- ours does) -- it would be worth it in your case Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum