GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forumotion shutting down!!!.......April Fools.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I just got an email from Forumotion, the free forum hosting site that allows us to run GMHockey.com. They will be closing their business which means GMHockey will no longer have a home.

Clutch

Edit: You can thank Mojo for catching this joke so fast.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I'm going out on a limb and also figure this to be an April Fool's joke. It's a good one though! :D

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm donating $1M to the site to keep it going.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:I'm going out on a limb and also figure this to be an April Fool's joke. It's a good one though! :D

You guys are too quick Razz Yes it is an April Fool's joke.

That Yashin thing sure got Pragues hook line and sinker though eh?

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice one Clutch. A few members were definitely on the ball this morning.

I heard a story this morning on our local radio station talking about a Virus that's supposed to be launched today. I suppose it too is an April fool's hoax... LOL

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Mojo wrote:I'm going out on a limb and also figure this to be an April Fool's joke. It's a good one though! :D

You guys are too quick Razz Yes it is an April Fool's joke.

That Yashin thing sure got Pragues hook line and sinker though eh?

Yes it did! I bet he's plotting something right now.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Nice one Clutch. A few members were definitely on the ball this morning.

I heard a story this morning on our local radio station talking about a Virus that's supposed to be launched today. I suppose it too is an April fool's hoax... LOL

Unfortunately I don't think that one is. I heard about it yesterday and the IT Security people sent out an email about it saying they were disabling the ability to send attachments. This was sent yesterday so it wouldn't have been an April Fools joke.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronie wrote:Nice one Clutch. A few members were definitely on the ball this morning.

Actually, that one is not a hoax - the Conficker worm is very real.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

But apparently if the Conficker virus was going to do anything serious, it would have happened at midnight. I think we are safe on this one.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really? Ah well, I'll let my IT people worry about it.
I've got AVG and other stuff running at home. I'm not worried.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As long as your AV product is up to date, you should be fine. There are some MS patches to apply too. Reports are coming in that it is indeed affecting computers:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/04/conficker_worm_strikes_militar.html?wprss=securityfix

Update and patch regularly!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sweet. thanks Shabbs for keeping me and others abreast of this...

HA! I said breast! LOL

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's really hard to take anything seriously today.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum