GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Mar. 22, 2011

+17
wprager
LeCaptain
SensHulk
spader
Hobiesens
Riprock
The Silfer Server
Ev
Hoags
22_4_ever
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston: McElhinney starts in goal for the Sens tonight. Michalek will not play; Wiercioch to make his NHL debut tonight.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Clouston: McElhinney starts in goal for the Sens tonight. Michalek will not play; Wiercioch to make his NHL debut tonight.

Huh...that's a little surprising. Good luck to Curtis, it'll be a tough, tough game.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Clouston: McElhinney starts in goal for the Sens tonight. Michalek will not play; Wiercioch to make his NHL debut tonight.

Huh...that's a little surprising. Good luck to Curtis, it'll be a tough, tough game.

We're not fully up to speed on Anderson's injury, are we?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

Two wins in a row... Anderson coming off an injury... has he done anything to NOT deserve a start?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Two wins in a row... Anderson coming off an injury... has he done anything to NOT deserve a start?

Maybe they want to have a good look at him before finalizing a deal too (?)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe they want to have a good look at him before finalizing a deal too (?)
Indeed. Now that the Anderson deal is done, they can focus on Mac 'n Cheese...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Two wins in a row... Anderson coming off an injury... has he done anything to NOT deserve a start?

He deserves it alright, I just thought Anderson was gonna be ready. They were indicating that he'd likely get the start. Very smart move if Anderson is ready and the Sens asked him to sit tight, we need to see more of MacNCheese for sure. And as mentioned, if Anderson isn't good to go, he needs to get healthy.

EDIT: Mendes says that he's close, but not 100%. Good, let's have a good look at Mac tonight against a tremendously desperate Carolina team.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Anderson is too busy counting his money over 4 years to play Sarcasm

We get another look at Curtis McNugget they must be at least considering signing him and I'm sure he badly wants a job next year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Now we got Mcieleiehiehiehy and Wieircoioiccioch, two of the hardest names to spell (and in PW's case, pronounce).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Weircioch is pronounced (Wear cosh) at last check.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Weircioch is pronounced (Wear cosh) at last check.
I thought it was more like WeerKosh.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Weircioch is pronounced (Wear cosh) at last check.
I thought it was more like WeerKosh.

Could be. I have heard both.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens lines tonight:

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Condra-Shannon-Svatos
Foligno-Z. Smith-Neil
Wick-Winchester-Lessar

Phillips-Lee
Hale-Karlsson
Kuba-Wiercioch

Mac 'n Cheese

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens scratches tonight:

- Alfredsson (back)
- Regin (shoulder)
- Michalek (foot)
- Carkner (knee)
- Gonchar (concussion)
- Leclaire (core/groin)

Michalek could play Thursday at NYR.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Loving the youth right now. A lot of fun to watch this team finally.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This is what I have wanted to see for a couple of years now, a group of guys that are actually playing for something and are not totally complacent in their roles. Some youth and excitment.

I don't care if they win or lose right now, the effort is there almost every single night for almost every player and they are getting better.

As a side note, it's good McE is getting his fair chance to show his worth, Anderson is signed now, no reason to push him in the nets from The Sens point of view and no real "I have to prove myself right now" situation from Anderson as well. I think McE is a backup Ottawa could lock up for a couple of a years, I am sure he would jump at the chance to sign a 2 year deal. This gives Lehner a ton of time and he will 100% have to force one of those 2 guys out of the lineup to crack The Sens before he can even be considered ready.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly what you want. You don't want to hand Lehner anything. I'm sure the experience with Brust will also make him fight that much harder and make him better as well or at least that is the hope.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Anderson is probably still injured unless CC is adopting the "win and you're in" philosophy.

They're probably being extra careful with #41, I think in Colorado they rushed him back after injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum