GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Mar. 22, 2011

+17
wprager
LeCaptain
SensHulk
spader
Hobiesens
Riprock
The Silfer Server
Ev
Hoags
22_4_ever
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:As noted before, Patrick Wiercioch has been recalled from Binghamton and will make his NHL debut tonight against Carolina.

That's exciting news. Who do they pair him with? Hale?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:As noted before, Patrick Wiercioch has been recalled from Binghamton and will make his NHL debut tonight against Carolina.

That's exciting news. Who do they pair him with? Hale?
I would think so. Were they paired together in Bingo as well?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm looking forward to this one. I like the Canes anyway (kind of) in that they never quit and are really plucky. I think this is gonna be a 3-2 game one way or the other - and quite entertaining. Or it could be boring as Dung I guess...

Matrix

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens presser on the Wiercioch recall:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556821

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Forgot about Wiercioch, that'll be nice to see - a lot of people who watch the B-Sens talking him up in a big way. Worked his backside off to be here today!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It sounds like it was just a tough transition for Wiercioch and now he's settling into where we all hoped he'd be.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

From all accounts the two players who have had a great last 2 months are Wiercioch and Gryba...based on the fact that it's Gonchar that is being replaced then Wiercioch makes sense.

I know for a fact that Gryba will see some action before the end of the year, so it will be nice to see how much those two have come, and compare them to NHL caliber talent. I'd prefer to see them for 3 games each to get an idea of their skill set right now, because as we all know, a player can play out of his mind for 1 game...I feel 3 will give you an idea of how they can play, at least a glimpse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You know for a fact?

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

It was mentioned by Murray at Thursday's meet and greet that Gryba would absolutely get a couple of games before the end of the year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:It was mentioned by Murray at Thursday's meet and greet that Gryba would absolutely get a couple of games before the end of the year.

Great to hear, I didn't realize he said that. I figured we'd see Gryba, but it's nice to know we will be for sure.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

If you take Murray's word at face value. Obviously things can change, but I guess that's the plan...

Gotta run..heading to Raleigh for a customer meeting then off to the game..

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He's obviously not NHL ready but it's a good chance to see where he is at. Looking forward to seeing the kid get a look.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:

He's obviously not NHL ready but it's a good chance to see where he is at. Looking forward to seeing the kid get a look.
Yeah, Murray said he wanted him to get a couple of games in. Looks like we may also see Gryba called up before the season's out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wiercioch and Gryba, possible future 5/6 D-men? I've always loved what Gryba's brought to the table - simple, hard-hitting, crease-clearing, glove-dropping D. Lalalala

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Gonchar is out for the season, then Murray has some flexibility to call up a few D-men to give them some games...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston: McElhinney starts in goal for the Sens tonight. Michalek will not play; Wiercioch to make his NHL debut tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Clouston: McElhinney starts in goal for the Sens tonight. Michalek will not play; Wiercioch to make his NHL debut tonight.

Huh...that's a little surprising. Good luck to Curtis, it'll be a tough, tough game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Clouston: McElhinney starts in goal for the Sens tonight. Michalek will not play; Wiercioch to make his NHL debut tonight.

Huh...that's a little surprising. Good luck to Curtis, it'll be a tough, tough game.

We're not fully up to speed on Anderson's injury, are we?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum