GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Mar. 8, 2011

+12
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
shabbs
rooneypoo
PTFlea
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
spader
stempniaksen
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

hemlock wrote:
Michallica wrote:Colin Greening recalled for this game.

Glad to see him back, he deserves more ice time in Ottawa.

He was literally on the first line the last few games... you mean more games?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wondered that too. I think he meant he deserves the call up?

NEELY wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Yeah, I mean he deserves to be up in Ottawa, getting a quality shot like Butler is. He's earning his keep certainly.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

hemlock wrote:
NEELY wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Yeah, I mean he deserves to be up in Ottawa, getting a quality shot like Butler is. He's earning his keep certainly.

Oh for sure, same with Condra. That said Bingo is making a push, which is probably as important if not more so right now, for the playoffs. They need guys like Greening to ensure they get in. He will get his time in Ottawa for the rest of the year to be sure.

NEELY wrote:
hemlock wrote:
NEELY wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Oh for sure, same with Condra. That said Bingo is making a push, which is probably as important if not more so right now, for the playoffs. They need guys like Greening to ensure they get in. He will get his time in Ottawa for the rest of the year to be sure.

He can go up and down though depending on each team's schedule. I don't want to risk Bingo's season either, but I'd like to see guys like Greening and Condra get a shot. They'll all be back for Bingo's playoffs anyway should they make it. And they've proven to be a resilient bunch down there this year with all the changes to the lineup (with Ottawa raping their lineup).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't mind seeing Potulny getting to see some ice time and see what's he is all about.

Butler is my favorite by far. He knows where to go and he knows how to shoot it and where. Awesome job by BM landing this guy (I think he was a Sens fan growing up).

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think the constant shuffling will wear the player out and not allow him to settle properly in a comfort zone. But considering our situation, I guess there really is no choice

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

When they sent Greening down to Bingo on....Saturday or whenever, instead of moping, he got on the ice and was one of the best players according to B-Sens' fans. He also scored a very important goal (perhaps the GWG, can't recall). This kid is for real, he and Butler are really making sure everyone notices them and makes room for them next year. It's awesome!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Potulny getting to see some ice time and see what's he is all about.

Butler is my favorite by far. He knows where to go and he knows how to shoot it and where. Awesome job by BM landing this guy (I think he was a Sens fan growing up).

He's nothing more than a spare body to fill out the roster in Ottawa and hopefully help Bingo in the playoffs. Literally a plug, top to bottom.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:When they sent Greening down to Bingo on....Saturday or whenever, instead of moping, he got on the ice and was one of the best players according to B-Sens' fans. He also scored a very important goal (perhaps the GWG, can't recall). This kid is for real, he and Butler are really making sure everyone notices them and makes room for them next year. It's awesome!

Why would he mope? The conversation was literally, "we're sending you down for the weekend and you will be back up on Tuesday". "Ok, Bryan, see ya Tuesday".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Why would he mope? The conversation was literally, "we're sending you down for the weekend and you will be back up on Tuesday". "Ok, Bryan, see ya Tuesday".

Mope was the wrong word then, some guys get a taste of NHL action, get sent down and don't perform, Greening went down and continued his stellar play - including the GWG. We've seen it a lot, Butler had a bit of an issue when he got send back down to Bingo, again, moping is the wrong word, but he was definitely a little lost by all accounts.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Jim O'brien also performed better in Bingo after a short stint with Ottawa. Crazy possibilities next season for these guys.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:When they sent Greening down to Bingo on....Saturday or whenever, instead of moping, he got on the ice and was one of the best players according to B-Sens' fans. He also scored a very important goal (perhaps the GWG, can't recall). This kid is for real, he and Butler are really making sure everyone notices them and makes room for them next year. It's awesome!

I don't get how Little Bobby B and Greening are finding success in the NHL riding shotgun with the Tin Man. Very puzzling indeed.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Jim O'brien also performed better in Bingo after a short stint with Ottawa. Crazy possibilities next season for these guys.

O'Brien did next to nothig in Ottawa, can't stand him as a hockey player despite his vast improvments. He will be lucky to crack any teams 4th line and stay there through his career.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
He's nothing more than a spare body to fill out the roster in Ottawa and hopefully help Bingo in the playoffs. Literally a plug, top to bottom.

I don't know anything about the player but he put up 15g on a Dung Edmonton team last year, I take it there's no potential in him ?

Jim O seems invisibile in the NHL but he's doing awfully well in Bingo, I don't know if he's a career AHL'er or he just needs more time.

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't get how Little Bobby B and Greening are finding success in the NHL riding shotgun with the Tin Man. Very puzzling indeed.

All I know is it has nothing to do with a better record since Spezza's return, nothing to do with Spezza getting the focus of the top D pairings and top forwards, nor does it indicate that Spezza is making anyone better.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
O'Brien did next to nothig in Ottawa, can't stand him as a hockey player despite his vast improvments. He will be lucky to crack any teams 4th line and stay there through his career.

Yeah, he didn't really do much. Hopefully he can continue to improve and make the club in 2012/13 as a 4th line C.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

All I know is it has nothing to do with a better record since Spezza's return, nothing to do with Spezza getting the focus of the top D pairings and top forwards, nor does it indicate that Spezza is making anyone better.

It would be ludicrous to think otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum