GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 7:00pm ET - Tue. Mar. 8, 2011

+12
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
shabbs
rooneypoo
PTFlea
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
spader
stempniaksen
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He didn't hit a PPG last year, he didn't hit a ppg the year before, and probably won't hit a PPG this year... how is that not a "FACT"? Even with the playoffs he wasn't at a PPG last year. Do I need to actually do the addition for you?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:He didn't hit a PPG last year, he didn't hit a ppg the year before, and probably won't hit a PPG this year... how is that not a "FACT"? Even with the playoffs he wasn't at a PPG last year. Do I need to actually do the addition for you?

Perhaps I didn't make it clear. Regular season and playoffs are two different things and from what I gather playoffs are held in a higher regard than regular season.

It's also referred to as the "second season". Stats are also kept seperate so as in the regular season over the past three seasons he hasn't hit that mark. however, during the Second season aka playoffs, generally regarded as when the games count, he has been a PPG as recently as last season.

That just about clear it up for you.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:He didn't hit a PPG last year, he didn't hit a ppg the year before, and probably won't hit a PPG this year... how is that not a "FACT"? Even with the playoffs he wasn't at a PPG last year. Do I need to actually do the addition for you?

Perhaps I didn't make it clear. Regular season and playoffs are two different things and from what I gather playoffs are held in a higher regard than regular season.

It's also referred to as the "second season". Stats are also kept seperate so as in the regular season over the past three seasons he hasn't hit that mark. however, during the Second season aka playoffs, generally regarded as when the games count, he has been a PPG as recently as last season.

Clears it right up sure. He was a PPG player in the playoffs last year, cool. He was awful in the playoffs last year.

Anyways, why do you have to bring up this stupid little stat that is pretty close to meaningless in the grand scheme of things when he jsut finished playing his best game as a professional hockey player? It's like you want people to trash him just so you can flash the "PPG" stat where it can be used. It dumbs everything down to a level that is borders on stupid and ignorant.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about this nickname for Eric Condra: Eric The AnaCondra? A bit of a rip off from HBuzz I must admit but I like it.

Someone called him AnaCondra and someone else called him King Condra so I added a Go Diego Go flare to it (Anna the Anaconda turns into Eric The Ana Condra)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like Spezza. He's a hunk.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Clears it right up sure. He was a PPG player in the playoffs last year, cool. He was awful in the playoffs last year.

Anyways, why do you have to bring up this stupid little stat that is pretty close to meaningless in the grand scheme of things when he jsut finished playing his best game as a professional hockey player? It's like you want people to trash him just so you can flash the "PPG" stat where it can be used. It dumbs everything down to a level that is borders on stupid and ignorant.

Maybe it's because some people post over and over that he's not a PPG and posts like that border on moronic ignorant and also happens to be flat out wrong as well.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cool. You keep talking about the PPG and you can let the big boys talk about the actual game as a whole.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Cool. You keep talking about the PPG and you can let the big boys talk about the actual game as a whole.

Just looking out for the little guy. I'll tell you what. When you stop lying about it I'll stop pointing it out. Sound good?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Jason Spezza hit a PPG last year, the year before, and is on pace to hit that mark again this year. That would be a lie, sorry buddy.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Jason Spezza hit a PPG in the playoffs (when the games count) last year, the year before, and is on pace to hit that mark again this year we can only assume had he made it into the playoffs again that he'd hit that mark again. That would be a lie, sorry buddy.

Fixed.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
NEELY wrote:Jason Spezza hit a PPG in the playoffs (when the games count) last year, the year before, and is on pace to hit that mark again this year we can only assume had he made it into the playoffs again that he'd hit that mark again. That would be a lie, sorry buddy.

Fixed.

Cool. Again, you keep talking about that PPG mark in the playoffs and I'll talk about the game being played, what has actually happened, and discuss how Spezza arguably cost The Sens the series in game 4. Did you also fail to mention when Spezza got some of those points? Was it in game 4 where the game was totally out of hand? Oh ya, it was. You fail to mention that.

Also, when you "assume" you make an a$s out of you and me, but in this case, just you.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Fixed.

Cool. Again, you keep talking about that PPG mark in the playoffs and I'll talk about the game being played, what has actually happened, and discuss how Spezza arguably cost The Sens the series in game 4. Did you also fail to mention when Spezza got some of those points? Was it in game 4 where the game was totally out of hand? Oh ya, it was. You fail to mention that.

Also, when you "assume" you make an a$s out of you and me, but in this case, just you.

You keep telling to stop talking about it but you are the one that constantly brings it up. I'm just pointing out that just because NEELY says something over and over it doesn't make it fact. Why do you keep responding if you don't want to talk about it? Why do you bring it up if you don't want to talk about it?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I haven't brought anything up. I have responded to your posts. I wanted to talk about the game last night and how Spezza was incredible in every aspect of that game, but again, you chose to dumb everything down. Good on ya! I'm sure there are some 8 year olds out there that will let you look at the back of a couple Spezza hockey cards.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't really care if he's a PPG or .95PPG or if he continues to be a PPG during the playoffs what I do care about is when someone brings up Spezza as not a PPG player, hasn't been for the past 3 seasons and ignores the playoffs. There's absolutely more to playing than being a PPG and I agree his play has improved drastically. I think he can do both personally. I think he can be a PPG playoff performer and an all around first line Center for Ottawa who is out there in all situations. I also think he can hit a PPG with rookies from here on out, as he has done since returning from injury, and make others better.

I loved his game last night. Can we just agree to both stop bringing it up? or at least I won't talk to you about it and you won't talk to me about it?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't really care if he's a PPG or .95PPG or if he continues to be a PPG during the playoffs what I do care about is when someone brings up Spezza as not a PPG player, hasn't been for the past 3 seasons and ignores the playoffs. There's absolutely more to playing than being a PPG and I agree his play has improved drastically. I think he can do both personally. I think he can be a PPG playoff performer and an all around first line Center for Ottawa who is out there in all situations. I also think he can hit a PPG with rookies from here on out, as he has done since returning from injury, and make others better.

I loved his game last night. Can we just agree to both stop bringing it up? or at least I won't talk to you about it and you won't talk to me about it?

I didn't ignore the playoffs. I said he was a PPG game player and I said he pretty much cost The Sens any chance of winning that series in game 4 as well. Awesome, he hit the mark some people use as an argument for his play vs pretty much giving the game and series away in game 4.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've never said being a PPG is an indicator of how good he is. I have said that I think he is a PPG player and he has been for his career and has been in the playoffs. I also realize that during the last 3 regular seasons he hasn't hit that mark and only came close last regular season with a .95 PPG mark.

All I'm saying is I think he can achieve a PPG on a regular basis and still be an all around solid player and leader. Why is that so tough to accept.

He has been a PPG since he returned from injury. Maybe I think he can have both.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've never said being a PPG is an indicator of how good he is. I have said that I think he is a PPG player and he has been for his career and has been in the playoffs. I also realize that during the last 3 regular seasons he hasn't hit that mark and only came close last regular season with a .95 PPG mark.

All I'm saying is I think he can achieve a PPG on a regular basis and still be an all around solid player and leader. Why is that so tough to accept.

He has been a PPG since he returned from injury. Maybe I think he can have both.

He's always a PPG player when he comes back mid season after an injury, isn't that an anual thing?

Anyways, he can probably hit the PPG mark once, maybe twice more in his career but it's going to be extremely tough playing the game he is playing right now to do that. You will see other players totals go up as a direct result of his lower offensive production which is absolutely better for the confidence of individuals and the team itself.

Players who kill 5 on 3's, players who work hard in the defensive zone, and players who are out there leading every night do not put up a PPG in today's NHL unless your name is Crosby. Richards, Toews, Zetterberg, even a guy like Datsyuk who I believe is the a top 2 player in The NHL doesn't do it every year. It takes a ton out of you playing those mins and it will take it's toll on Spezza.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll be happy if the Mississauga Miracle nick name catches on. Full credit to SSF for coming up with that one. Special mention to rooneypoo for providing the inspiration.

I have no problem with Spezza not hitting a PPG ever again I still think he has it in him to do it though. I do agree that if he's leaned on next season, and in the future, as much as he is this season that it will start to take it's toll much like it has with The Alfie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum