GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes

+21
LeCaptain
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
wprager
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
stempniaksen
cash
22_4_ever
Ev
dennycrane
Riprock
SensFan71
TheAvatar
SensHulk
asq2
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm trying to find the clip where Murray was talking about looking at some potential free agents this summer with the hopes of a quick turnaround.

Brad RIchards, Vokoun, offersheet Parise, Leino, WIlliams and Kaberle/Jovanovski Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 159628

Kidding aside, I can't believe we actually have the cash to do this Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 979131

62Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm trying to find the clip where Murray was talking about looking at some potential free agents this summer with the hopes of a quick turnaround.

Brad RIchards, Vokoun, offersheet Parise, Leino, WIlliams and Jovanovski Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 159628

Kidding aside, I can't believe we actually have the cash to do this Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 979131

You bet we do.

63Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC might have the clip. Waiting... Lalalala

64Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Murray may now be 3 for 3 on finding good landing spots for his players:

Fisher - wife/family in Nashville
Kelly - former teammates, will play as a 3rd liner with a good chance to win
Ruutu - former Olympic teammates Selanne & Koivu

Good on him if it is deliberate.

65Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Such a great trade for Anaheim - you can't do better than that. I liked Ruutu for what he was, really disliked the penalties though, wore a little thin. If he can keep focussed, he'll be a steal for the Ducks for that price.

66Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Such a great trade for Anaheim - you can't do better than that. I liked Ruutu for what he was, really disliked the penalties though, wore a little thin. If he can keep focussed, he'll be a steal for the Ducks for that price.

Not a bad deal for the Sens either. This is a guy who has scored 2 goals this year, playing on the third line.

67Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jawal wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Such a great trade for Anaheim - you can't do better than that. I liked Ruutu for what he was, really disliked the penalties though, wore a little thin. If he can keep focussed, he'll be a steal for the Ducks for that price.

Not a bad deal for the Sens either. This is a guy who has scored 2 goals this year, playing on the third line.

Meh, I must have liked his game more than most. I always thought he was a really good, solid player.

68Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Just saw that Mara got to Edmonton in time for the game but that his equipment didn't. I didn't know that the players owned the equipment and got to take it with them when they were traded ... Whaaa?

69Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
jawal wrote:

Meh, I must have liked his game more than most. I always thought he was a really good, solid player.

Well, 2 goals probably makes him our 5 or 6th best scorer Smile

70Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:35 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Don't cloud the issue with facts!

Yeah, don't let facts ruin a good story Smile

71Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Ruutu is a lot like Kelly in that his play is highly underrated. I don't think enough people appreciate how often players like Kelly, Ruutu, and Neil (regardless of who they play with) are in the right position at the right time. I don't think that's appreciated enough if this day and age.

Anyways, wtf is with the return on our players? Murray makes the worst Cussing trades! I was fine with most of his moves up until this latest string, but why is he in such a goddam hurry to move our players? Does it not occur to him that maybe more teams will have interest as more transpires over the coming days? For instance, if LA and Nashville are both interested in Fisher and are both offering the same thing, why not wait a little longer so they feel the urge to up the ante? And then, take the offer to other teams, see what they offer, and THEN....go BACK to LA and Nashville and get a better offer out of them?!!

Shrug w. t. f.

it's not rocket science.......

You know that he didn't do any of the above? Do tell. Sarcasm

72Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:44 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

maybe just maybe, murray is trying to close another deal and he pulled the trigger to point out to another team that if he can get the price he wants he'll pull the trigger. so said team will feel forced to pay up now rather then wait till the deadline to see if murray will lower his high price on player. rather then see the wanted player head to another team???

making any sense? probably not.

the point is, sometimes a bidding war can look more like two teams offering sub value deals waiting till the deadline and see both deals opt for option B.

i'm not chuffed with the return we got on ruutu, especialy that he'd been great for us until this year. but it's amuch better deal then him walking away for nothing... i still trust BM and i do not feel he's losing it. bigger picture folks.

73Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:25 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Sens-Trade-Ruutu-to-Ducks-e5--Plus-Some-House-Rulesaka-What-We-Are/1/33786

Eklund Wing Dang Doodle and complaining that he's getting flack for breaking the exclusive story 10 mins after Ian Mendes. What a little Wing Dang Doodle.

Some of my favourite quotes:

Breaking a rumor... I can do. It is my specialty and there are a great deal of unique contacts and relationships involved in the rumor world which are somewhat more specific to me.

Actual trades, when they happen, are another story. There are reporters out there who are connected to major outlets and who have been doing this longer than I have.

You can't make this stuff up. Laughing3

74Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Ruutu to Anaheim. Pick coming back to Ottawa.

http://twitter.com/ian_mendes

I actually saw Ruutu in Kanata Centrum as I was returning a cart to the PetSmart (unintentional rhyming) at around 3:00PM Thursday. He was with this tiny little dog talking to it in Finnish. I made a joke about teaching it to eat Buffalo Wings, he laughed and corrected me saying it's Buffalo Fingers. I wished him luck and honestly thought about saying good luck on your new team and didn't.

I wonder if he already knew he was heading to ANA?

75Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:I still think Melnyk wants to clear salary now, not in 10 days. Plus it's entirely possible that Anaheim was the only team inquiring about him or the only want offereing a 6th, maybe others would have been a 7th and we take a contract back.

To be honest the pick is about what I expected, I'd rather a prospect than a 6th round pick this year. This draft just isn't that deep and unless they have a boat load of guys on the radar that they figure will be around the 5th/6th rounds they want then a prospect (even a long term one) would have been better.

I'd have loved a Bonino or a Smith-Pelly

I think you got it right that it's Melnyk clearing salary. The 6th rounder was a token offer in order to allow Murray to look like he got something rather than have Melnyk pay him the rest of the season.

76Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Just saw that Mara got to Edmonton in time for the game but that his equipment didn't. I didn't know that the players owned the equipment and got to take it with them when they were traded ... Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 979131

It's probably his own equipment - sticks, skates, pads, etc. All team gear like helmet, pants (girdle), and gloves would have to have been ordered by the team.

77Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 5 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Sens-Trade-Ruutu-to-Ducks-e5--Plus-Some-House-Rulesaka-What-We-Are/1/33786

Eklund Wing Dang Doodle and complaining that he's getting flack for breaking the exclusive story 10 mins after Ian Mendes. What a little Wing Dang Doodle.

Some of my favourite quotes:

Breaking a rumor... I can do. It is my specialty and there are a great deal of unique contacts and relationships involved in the rumor world which are somewhat more specific to me.

Actual trades, when they happen, are another story. There are reporters out there who are connected to major outlets and who have been doing this longer than I have.

You can't make this stuff up. Laughing3
Translated... Eklund: "I'm good at leaking made-up stuff, but when it comes to actual trades, I suck Donkey."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum