GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes

+21
LeCaptain
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
wprager
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
stempniaksen
cash
22_4_ever
Ev
dennycrane
Riprock
SensFan71
TheAvatar
SensHulk
asq2
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ruutu sucks. Like literally, he has been terrible the last two years. No surprise that he only got a 6th like Voros.

17Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:he says 6th rounder coming back.... Facepalm

EDIT: great job ASQ2 on picking up the tweet :KKK:

I beat Hoags by about 4 seconds.

Can't say that's a great return, though.

EDIT: Unintentional plagiarism.

Start a website !!!

Way ahead of you. I'm just stuck on the name, though.

Sens Gen
Sens and Sensibility
Sens-uous - Hockey talk for adults only
Sens-tentious
Sens-ory Overload - more hockey talk than your body can handle
Sens-itometrics - not really sure how I'd be able to relate it to hockey but I'm just spitballing here.

Patent pending patent pending patent pending patent pending patent pending patent pending.

18Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Ruutu sucks. Like literally, he has been terrible the last two years. No surprise that he only got a 6th like Voros.

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil was a sick line.

19Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm

His style is replaceable

20Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The 6th round pick belonged to Phoenix.

21Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:11 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Did anyone really honestly believe you'd get more for a rental 3rd line player?

22Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DirtyDave wrote:His style is replaceable

No point to even analyze it, he was a UFA.

23Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:12 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Ruutu is a lot like Kelly in that his play is highly underrated. I don't think enough people appreciate how often players like Kelly, Ruutu, and Neil (regardless of who they play with) are in the right position at the right time. I don't think that's appreciated enough if this day and age.

Anyways, wtf is with the return on our players? Murray makes the worst Cussing trades! I was fine with most of his moves up until this latest string, but why is he in such a goddam hurry to move our players? Does it not occur to him that maybe more teams will have interest as more transpires over the coming days? For instance, if LA and Nashville are both interested in Fisher and are both offering the same thing, why not wait a little longer so they feel the urge to up the ante? And then, take the offer to other teams, see what they offer, and THEN....go BACK to LA and Nashville and get a better offer out of them?!!

Shrug w. t. f.

it's not rocket science.......

24Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Michallica wrote:are we getting an extra callup now?

they have an extra forward already called up do they not?

wasn't the extra forward for Kelly? I'm confused Shrug

anyways, what is up with the rush...murray slow down for fack's sake

25Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

And where is the communication between GM and coach? If we're starting to suck sh*t and players are about to get traded, why the F*CK!! is a pending rental being benched and taken away from the line (Ruutu-Kelly-Neil) where he looks best?

this organization is a clusterf*ck from top-to-bottom. these two jags should've been fired months ago!

26Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:he says 6th rounder coming back.... Facepalm

EDIT: great job ASQ2 on picking up the tweet :KKK:

I beat Hoags by about 4 seconds.

Can't say that's a great return, though.

EDIT: Unintentional plagiarism.

Start a website !!!

Way ahead of you. I'm just stuck on the name, though.

Sens Gen
Sens and Sensibility
Sens-uous - Hockey talk for adults only
Sens-tentious
Sens-ory Overload - more hockey talk than your body can handle
Sens-itometrics - not really sure how I'd be able to relate it to hockey but I'm just spitballing here.

Patent pending patent pending patent pending patent pending patent pending patent pending.

Simpsons reference!

27Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Brutal return. An alcoholic McGrattan was traded for a 5th and we can't even get the same for a playoff tested vet nearing the deadline?

I would almost prefer to keep Ruutu for the rest of the year so we don't gut Binghampton then trade him for such an underwhelming return.

28Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

cash wrote:Ruutu is a lot like Kelly in that his play is highly underrated. I don't think enough people appreciate how often players like Kelly, Ruutu, and Neil (regardless of who they play with) are in the right position at the right time. I don't think that's appreciated enough if this day and age.

Anyways, wtf is with the return on our players? Murray makes the worst Cussing trades! I was fine with most of his moves up until this latest string, but why is he in such a goddam hurry to move our players? Does it not occur to him that maybe more teams will have interest as more transpires over the coming days? For instance, if LA and Nashville are both interested in Fisher and are both offering the same thing, why not wait a little longer so they feel the urge to up the ante? And then, take the offer to other teams, see what they offer, and THEN....go BACK to LA and Nashville and get a better offer out of them?!!

Shrug w. t. f.

it's not rocket science.......

Maybe it's you that over value the player...

Ben Eager went for a 5th round pick. Voros for a 7th round pick. That puts Ruutu right in the return we got for him. It's another case of the value of Ruutu to this team is more than his value in a trade. With that said, I firmly believe that Melnyk is driving this bus and while he isn't making the deals he's putting pressure on Murray to get a return on every FA that Ottawa is not going to re sign.

Melnyk has ordered that salary is to be shed and no one is going to get in the way of that happening.

29Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I see nothing wrong with the trade. Better than letting him walk for free.

He's 35, a pending UFA and replaceable.

Not to mention he sucks now, he takes more penalties than he draws, players like him are worth more to playoff-bound teams which we are not.

Plus we dump some salary.

More or less what I expected.

30Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:19 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Brutal return. An alcoholic McGrattan was traded for a 5th and we can't even get the same for a playoff tested vet nearing the deadline?

I would almost prefer to keep Ruutu for the rest of the year so we don't gut Binghampton then trade him for such an underwhelming return.

Laugh1 Beerjumping

31Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:I see nothing wrong with the trade. Better than letting him walk for free.

He's 35, a pending UFA and replaceable.

Not to mention he sucks now, he takes more penalties than he draws, players like him are worth more to playoff-bound teams which we are not.

Plus we dump some salary.

More or less what I expected.

agreed ruutu has been a healthy scratch and horrible at least we get something

32Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's nothing 'wrong' with the trade, but holy Dung, the market for Jarkko Ruutu was terrible. I thought Murray would at least get an f-ing 4th for him. Damn.

33Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Brutal return. An alcoholic McGrattan was traded for a 5th and we can't even get the same for a playoff tested vet nearing the deadline?

Laugh1 Beerjumping

Don't forget Muckity-Muck-Muck was a consultant for Phoenix when they made that trade.

My first thought on this trade was to remember when the Sens traded a 6th to get Martin Lapointe.

I doubt Ducks fans are planning the parade route just yet. But if they wanted to, it would be:
1. Enter arena parking lot
2. Do 3 laps

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum