GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes

+21
LeCaptain
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
wprager
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
stempniaksen
cash
22_4_ever
Ev
dennycrane
Riprock
SensFan71
TheAvatar
SensHulk
asq2
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:40 pm

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

cash wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Hoags wrote:I see nothing wrong with the trade. Better than letting him walk for free.

He's 35, a pending UFA and replaceable.

Not to mention he sucks now, he takes more penalties than he draws, players like him are worth more to playoff-bound teams which we are not.

Plus we dump some salary.

More or less what I expected.

agreed ruutu has been a healthy scratch and horrible at least we get something

Which is just dumb DUMB friggin management of your assets. You don't make a player look like sh*t when you know you'll be looking to trade him. Christ!

This I completely agree with and why i figured Murray would eventually have got pissed and relieved Clouston to take over himself. He's with the team on road trips now anyway so he can tell the guys personally when deals are made, so why not coach and that way you can put the guys you want traded in the best positions available..

47Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Straight Shooter wrote:I can't wait to see how bad our pk looks now. Cash, seaway, roche, stempniaksen, I agree, Murray has no clue how to trade and he needs to stop this insanitty.

So you don't want Ruutu traded so our PK doesn't suffer this season? scratch

48Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:Its not so much the trade that's terrible but the timing.....is murray giving in too early? I think he is. You know I bet someone would have at least given a 5th or a 4th on deadline day. If he's traded for a 6th on deadline day, then we know that the market for him was only this but I have a tough time believing it with deadline day still 10 days away
And what happens if you can't move him at the deadline, you are stuck with him. Sometimes it might be best to get something now, rather than outthinking yourself. Ruttu has been benched and his play when he is in the lineup has been terrible and taking horrible penalties, and from some accounts he has become a bit of a problem.

49Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The trade may have been a little early, but we can't go overvaluing Ruutu. He may not have played too much lately, but I think the BEST we could've hoped for would've been a 4th rounder if he had played well recently.

50Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Jarkko Ruutu Appreciation Thread? Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Goodbye, Jarkko!
Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Ruutu10

51Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Please, let's not have 20 "Appreciation" threads.

52Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:
Straight Shooter wrote:I can't wait to see how bad our pk looks now. Cash, seaway, roche, stempniaksen, I agree, Murray has no clue how to trade and he needs to stop this insanitty.

Shrug I never said that at all. i said that our pk is going to even worse now. Michalek, Spezza, Shannon and smith are our forwards pkers. shannon and smith have a combined average of 27 seconds of shorthanded ice time this season per game. I also said that murray had no clue how to trade, because well he doesn't.

53Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Straight Shooter wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Shrug I never said that at all. i said that our pk is going to even worse now. Michalek, Spezza, Shannon and smith are our forwards pkers. shannon and smith have a combined average of 27 seconds of shorthanded ice time this season per game. I also said that murray had no clue how to trade, because well he doesn't.
Damn, I wish you were in charge. I would have loved to get a 2nd rounder for Ruttu.

54Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Ruutu sucks. Like literally, he has been terrible the last two years. No surprise that he only got a 6th like Voros.

He just hit a career high in goals last season. Laugh1

55Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

My conspiracy theory is that Murray is gutting the team to lower it's book value for Melnyk's divorce. (Tin foil hats, not included)

56Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Ruutu sucks. Like literally, he has been terrible the last two years. No surprise that he only got a 6th like Voros.

I'm sure his agitating play would be better received than him scoring a whopping 12 goals. He's getting old and isn't much of a prick on the ice anymore.

57Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Clearly stats have no bearing on this discussion...

Wink

58Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't cloud the issue with facts!

59Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm trying to find the clip where Murray was talking about looking at some potential free agents this summer with the hopes of a quick turnaround.

60Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Bah, don't really care. Better than walking for nothing I guess.
What i am more excited is the 10 draft picks this coming draft including 5 in the top 62 Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 671221

61Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm trying to find the clip where Murray was talking about looking at some potential free agents this summer with the hopes of a quick turnaround.

Brad RIchards, Vokoun, offersheet Parise, Leino, WIlliams and Kaberle/Jovanovski Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 159628

Kidding aside, I can't believe we actually have the cash to do this Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 979131

62Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm trying to find the clip where Murray was talking about looking at some potential free agents this summer with the hopes of a quick turnaround.

Brad RIchards, Vokoun, offersheet Parise, Leino, WIlliams and Jovanovski Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 159628

Kidding aside, I can't believe we actually have the cash to do this Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 979131

You bet we do.

63Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes - Page 4 Empty Re: Ruutu Traded to Anaheim per Mendes Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC might have the clip. Waiting... Lalalala

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum