GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:That's kind of funny. I feel like a cranky beatch today too.

Here, here. Marking 90 1st-year papers in the span of 5 days will do that, tho'. Mad

Seriously, tho', I don't want to trade Foligno, or Michalek for that matter. Both of those guys strike me as integral to the new leadership for this team. Ditto Winchester.

Foligno will probably be, at best, a 20G / 40-50 P kind of player, but he brings other things to the table, too, as do the other two.

You don't use TA's?

If I ever take your class, give me an A just for being a fellow GMHockey member.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:Michalek is high risk/high reward in a trade. He could get 35 next year or he could blow out his knees and retire.

He is kind of like Fisher in that I really like the player and the effort but the stats do not equal the value of the contract.
I highly doubt Michalek will ever sniff 35 goals. From what I've seen of Milan, his career year may see him get close to 30. He doesn't have the finish of a true goal scorer.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

From the Dreger report about ten minutes ago:
Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray caught the attention of the assembled media this morning when he approached the Senators' bench during their morning skate to talk to defenceman Chris Phillips.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:From the Dreger report about ten minutes ago:
Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray caught the attention of the assembled media this morning when he approached the Senators' bench during their morning skate to talk to defenceman Chris Phillips.

would only say something is up if Phillips gets called into Clouston's or Murray's office, this could have been just a hey how are you doing kind of thing. Maybe not, but just saying. doesn't seem official enough to be asking chris phillips to waive or to say he has been traded.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, fair point.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You've got to love media frenzies. A General Manager talking to a player, even more so a free agent, could happen many times over the course of a year. It could be to discuss the team, a contract extension, or trade, or something completely different. But because it is a) Ottawa, b) 5 days from the deadline, and c) slow news day, it is being discussed. Now obviously Dregger doesn't assume anything and only leads the readers to speculate.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:You've got to love media frenzies. A General Manager talking to a player, even more so a free agent, could happen many times over the course of a year. It could be to discuss the team, a contract extension, or trade, or something completely different. But because it is a) Ottawa, b) 5 days from the deadline, and c) slow news day, it is being discussed. Now obviously Dregger doesn't assume anything and only leads the readers to speculate.

Maybe BM has an indecent proposal for Mr. & Mrs. Phillips? Naughty

BM, you a dirty old fox!

Or, maybe Phillips got a call from home, saying that he's got a sick kid. Could literally be a 1000 things, many of them trivial, but the time of year sure does ramp up the speculation. Laugh1

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Probably just an update to Chris (ie. no news).

Murray is weighing in on trade offers, vs. trade offers for Kuba (if any).

They want Cowen and Rundblad up here next year so that's at least 2 d-men that have to disappear (one from each side I think) and I'm sure they prefer to move the big salaries.

That's what Dreger does, make non-news into news.

"Brian Burke was spotted at a Starbucks in downtown Toronto today, he didn't order his usual latte which sources say that indicates that Burke is trying to land Brad Richards"

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:That's kind of funny. I feel like a cranky beatch today too.

Here, here. Marking 90 1st-year papers in the span of 5 days will do that, tho'. Mad

Seriously, tho', I don't want to trade Foligno, or Michalek for that matter. Both of those guys strike me as integral to the new leadership for this team. Ditto Winchester.

Foligno will probably be, at best, a 20G / 40-50 P kind of player, but he brings other things to the table, too, as do the other two.

You don't use TA's?

If I ever take your class, give me an A just for being a fellow GMHockey member.

No TAs for these two, but one for my other class.

Sorry, gotta earn those As. You'll have a leg up just by being a Sens fan, tho'. Nod

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Dash wrote:You've got to love media frenzies. A General Manager talking to a player, even more so a free agent, could happen many times over the course of a year. It could be to discuss the team, a contract extension, or trade, or something completely different. But because it is a) Ottawa, b) 5 days from the deadline, and c) slow news day, it is being discussed. Now obviously Dregger doesn't assume anything and only leads the readers to speculate.

Maybe BM has an indecent proposal for Mr. & Mrs. Phillips? Naughty

BM, you a dirty old fox!

Or, maybe Phillips got a call from home, saying that he's got a sick kid. Could literally be a 1000 things, many of them trivial, but the time of year sure does ramp up the speculation. Laugh1

no disrespect to Mrs Phillips, she may be gorgeous too, but if Murray wanted something like that, he should maybe see Chris Campoli, I heard his girlfriend is smoking hot lol.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did you ever see Ruutu's girlfriend? Ohmy...

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 Sens_Soiree_75

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Might just be me but that looks like Paris Hilton Laugh1

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Did you ever see Ruutu's girlfriend? Ohmy...

WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!

I mean, this belongs in the gossip thread. I come into this thread expecting trade updates not who's partner is hotter....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:From the Dreger report about ten minutes ago:

Okay, I think it's time. Say your goodbyes everyone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Highly unlikely the GM of a team that has up to 5+ players on the block would take a break from watching the practice/talking to other GMs to come down to ice level and tell Chris Phillips his kid is sick.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Highly unlikely the GM of a team that has up to 5+ players on the block would take a break from watching the practice/talking to other GMs to come down to ice level and tell Chris Phillips his kid is sick.

No? Maybe not sick and certainly if it were something with his family warranting a visit from the GM he would have likely left the ice immediately (ie something bad has happened). However it is possible he wanted to talk to him about something seperate, a team commitment public appearance. I think there is 0 chance that it was to inform him he was traded.

Edit

Maybe he wanted to talk to Chris before the press got to him. Possible there is a nasty rumor floating around or about to go public and Murray wanted to give him the 411 before the press caught him off guard?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 34 Sens_Soiree_75

nope, but damn, I am now glad I did

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Michallica wrote:

WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!

I mean, this belongs in the gossip thread. I come into this thread expecting trade updates not who's partner is hotter....

I'm not sure there is a bad place to put this kind of thing...then again if my wife sees this post..THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE FOR THIS TYPE OF DISCUSSION...I'm offended.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum