GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regher hasn't denied trade speculation

+3
rooneypoo
PTFlea
Phoenix30
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/columnists/eric_francis/2010/09/08/15287201.html

2Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh dude...that's a big player on the block.

I call it now, Regher for Semin.

3Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:38 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh dude...that's a big player on the block.

Of Fleischmann+.

Now that WAS has come out and said Fleischmann isn't going anywhere, it's almost a foregone conclusion that he's going somewhere soon enough.

4Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Of Fleischmann+.

Now that WAS has come out and said Fleischmann isn't going anywhere, it's almost a foregone conclusion that he's going somewhere soon enough.

Don't do it Calgary! That would be a woeful move, it's Semin or bust!

5Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This is very intriguing to me...who could it be? Spezd might be on teh right track here for sure.

sucks for us though, zero chance of us landing semin...

6Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Calgary will go from having one of the better group on paper to one of the weakest. They must expect a ton from Ian White, Mark Giordano and Tim Erixon if they are willing to trade away a staple.

7Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:Calgary will go from having one of the better group on paper to one of the weakest. They must expect a ton from Ian White, Mark Giordano and Tim Erixon if they are willing to trade away a staple.

I know, it seems so weird to me. The only thing that would make sense is Semin really...they need to add some serious scoring. But to lose a defenseman like that is very serious.

8Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:13 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Calgary will go from having one of the better group on paper to one of the weakest. They must expect a ton from Ian White, Mark Giordano and Tim Erixon if they are willing to trade away a staple.

I know, it seems so weird to me. The only thing that would make sense is Semin really...they need to add some serious scoring. But to lose a defenseman like that is very serious.

They aren't spectacular up front by any means but with Iginla, Bourque, Hagman, Tanguay, Kotalik, Glencross on the wing it's not too bad. If anything they need a center (surprise, surprise) with no top liner in sight.

They aren't the team they used to be in terms of being able to trade off defensive talent for pieces up front. They "evened" out their depth with that Phaneuf trade, so any Regher trade would need to have a 2nd pairing guy coming back.

9Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Savard for Regher?

10Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Savard for Regher?

Makes more sense than a Semin deal, imo. But it doesn't help Boston's cap issue, so I'm gonna lean no unless there's a 3rd team that can eat some money (Ryder, Sturm, Ference, ect)

11Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:42 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Of Fleischmann+.

Don't do it Calgary! That would be a woeful move, it's Semin or bust!

Regher is not what he once was, and he his a big price tag. He's not going to land a big, big piece in any trade for those reasons, I'd say.

That said, I like Regher, and CGY needs him more than Semin. That, and I'm not a big Semin fan. Guy doesn't show up when it matters.

12Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:45 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

My guess is that Suter has to hit a home run with any trade for Regher so I'd go with Alzner and Fleischmann.

13Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:48 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All this surely plays into an imminent Senators trade. more to come...

14Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:All this surely plays into an imminent Senators trade. more to come...

Source?

15Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Empty Re: Regher hasn't denied trade speculation Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 pm

stempniaksen wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:All this surely plays into an imminent Senators trade. more to come...

Source?

Elderly lady who drive by him in a convertable Barracuda

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum