GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Now that it is 2012, and the Deadline is under 2 months away, there's already a lot of tak about potential players available:

Corey Perry (ANA)
Bobby Ryan (ANA)
Ryan Getzlaf (ANA)
+ everyone else on Anaheim not named Koivu and Selanne (apparently)

Rick Nash (CLB)

Jarome Iginla (CLG) ?

Should these guys be moved? Where should they go?

As my personal favourite player, I'd love Nash in Ottawa, but not at the likely expense it would cost. Id hate to see him go to a rival too. And Boston's been mentioned.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Love these threads. Not sure why, but they're really fun to speculate. I doubt the Sens are in on anyone substantial though, but where the heck are the Anaheim guys going?

More to come (for real!)...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll stick to my initial gut reaction and say one of the Big 3 to Florida for Gudbranson, 1st + Howden (I think they have him).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Naturally, here in Toronto, the radio stations are all abuzz about the Leafs being in on the Getzlaf sweepstakes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Naturally, here in Toronto, the radio stations are all abuzz about the Leafs being in on the Getzlaf sweepstakes.

For sure they are. Schenn + 1st + Kadri?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Naturally, here in Toronto, the radio stations are all abuzz about the Leafs being in on the Getzlaf sweepstakes.

Speculation abound. For Getzlaf to Toronto, this makes some sense. Getzlaf would be that #1C Toronto has been desperate for, plus he seems like Burke's type of player (i.e. an bunghole?). Anyway, what would Toronto send the other way? Kadri and their first rounder, plus a mediocre roster player? I have a tough time imagining that Anaheim would accept anything less than a good prospect, decent roster player, and high draft pick.

With Toronto, you gotta think that any trade for a player of the caliber of Getzlaf would involve TO's first rounder, as they have a lack of other A+ assets. But then you also have to think that Burke will be reluctant to part with the 1st rounder, especially after the circus that (still) is the Kessel trade debacle. Of course, trading ONE first rounder (plus other things) would be a lot easier to stomach than TWO first rounders, but the stigma remains. Or does the Kessel circus play into this at all…Burke has a tendency to not give a Dung about anything else (which could be a good thing in this instance).

Also, a guy like Getzlaf (egotistical, "big" personality) seems like he could be a handful in the locker room, and the locker room in Toronto is one match short of an explosion…guys like Kessel and Phaneuf have reps for not being the most "team friendly" players. I kind of think Kadri will also provide some locker room friction.

Anyway, lots of speculation. Certainly Getzlaf would be a huge pickup for Toronto, but at what cost, and does this finally make them a consistent playoff team? Well, if Getzlaf turned his game around a little, it probably would push Toronto into the playoff picture for the forseeable future.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I really don't think Toronto has the assets to get Getzlaf, it would take Kessel. Kadri has proven nothing in the NHL and Anaheim has stated they don't want draft picks or prospects in return.

The Sens would have to trade Spezza+ for RPG.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

For sure they are. Schenn + 1st + Kadri?

That would be a steal.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I could see the Sens going after a defenceman though, if they are still in the playoff picture. Not a big player, but more of a 4-6 guy. Allen would be a nice fit. I hate Gleason because he bailed on the Sens, so pass on him.

If you are one of the teams mentioned with a big player on the block, do you deal with a team in the opposite conference All the teams mentioned are Western teams.

Tampa is in the market for a goalie for the future. As mentioned by the media experts already, they might be eyeing Harding.

Boston and Vancouver won't be dealing away their young, back-ups (Rask and Schneider) since they are too valuable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'll stick to my initial gut reaction and say one of the Big 3 to Florida for Gudbranson, 1st + Howden (I think they have him).

You don't think that would be an overpayment?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Neely thinks Tampa should do Connolly + 1st for Kipper. I said they'd have to include Garon/Rollie too, to clear a space for him and give Calgary a short term replacement.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Most deadline deals are overpayment but all of the players above have reasonable term available.

Don't forget there will be no more East/West next year so you will see more teams in the mix in regards to rumours.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Calgary better get on it soon because they need to blow that thing up from the start. They could be in for a decade of rebuilding.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I am glad I'm not a Flame fan. What a mess. We poke fun at your rivals in Ontario and Quebec, but Alberta's not much better (with Edmonton being the exception - they have a bright future).

Calgarys dangerously close to the cap and have s many useless, overpaid players.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:Yeah I am glad I'm not a Flame fan. What a mess. We poke fun at your rivals in Ontario and Quebec, but Alberta's not much better (with Edmonton being the exception - they have a bright future).

Calgarys dangerously close to the cap and have s many useless, overpaid players.

They have 2 or 3 very good to nice pieces. They are in for a really long haul too. No goaltending, no defense, no real 2nd-4th line guys that have been brought up through the organization.

People say guys like Greening, Condra, Smith, and Daugavins are just plugs, but these are guys that have been in the organization for years now and have been developed within it. Where's Edmonton's?

Calgary, yah, they have close to nothing in terms of prospects, close to nothing in terms of young assets, and close to nothing in terms of guys with high end upside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum