GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The deal would likely be contingent on Anaheim dealing Hiller.

And I'm pretty sure the Team 1200 guys said that Perry was a "natural center" lol. Not that he is the center of the deal.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

More names from Lyle Richardpn's Rumour Roundup:
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/44438-Rumor-Roundup-Popular-names.html

Once all-star weekend is over there will be less than a month remaining until the NHL's Feb. 27 trade deadline. As a result, the list of potential trade candidates is growing. Here's a look at the most notable names to appear in the rumor mill of late.

Ryan Suter, Nashville Predators

Suter made headlines on Friday when he said he won't re-sign with the Predators by the trade deadline and preferred to postpone contract talks until season's end. Given the Predators are jockeying for playoff positioning in the Western Conference, it's unlikely they'll trade Suter, but expect his name to remain a fixture in the rumor mill.

Zach Parise, New Jersey Devils

Trade speculation has been dogging Parise since he and the Devils agreed to a one-year contract extension last summer, making him eligible for UFA status this summer. Concerns over the mounting debt of team ownership has cast doubt on the ability of Devils management to re-sign Parise and fuelled talk they’ll ship him out at the trade deadline. It's hard to believe GM Lou Lamoriello would move his best player with the Devils battling for a playoff berth, but that's not going to silence the rumor mongers leading up to Feb. 27.

Jeff Carter, Columbus Blue Jackets

TSN's Darren Dreger claimed the 27-year-old center was “100 percent available,” but noted his hefty contract, which has nine years remaining at a annual cap hit of $5.3 million (including a full no-trade clause), would be difficult to move. If Carter is shopped the best bet is in the off-season and, even then, he’ll prove a tough sell.

Brenden Morrow, Dallas Stars

TSN’s Bob McKenzie reported some teams were wondering if Morrow would be available if the Stars fall out of playoff contention by the deadline. The 33-year-old left winger still has another season remaining on his contract, with a full no-trade clause, so the Stars aren't under any pressure to move him. Morrow would certainly attract considerable attention from playoff contenders if the Stars decide to shop him, but it remains to be seen if they'll consider that option.

Andrei Kostitsyn, Montreal Canadiens

Kostitsyn, who turns 27 Feb. 3, is eligible for UFA status this summer. He recently said he'd be willing to re-sign with the Habs for less than market value, but the left winger may no longer fit into their future plans. Kostitsyn is on pace for his fourth 20-plus goal season, but the Canadiens expected much more from him.

Mason Raymond, Vancouver Canucks

The Vancouver Province suggested Raymond's lack of offensive production could result in him being shopped, either for more blueline depth or a physical checking forward.

Ryane Clowe, San Jose Sharks

The parade of left wingers rumored to be available continues with Clowe, as he's been linked to the Maple Leafs. Clowe is currently sidelined with a facial injury, but is expected to return before the trade deadline. The Leafs supposedly covet Clowe's grit and leadership, but those are also the features that make him valuable to the Sharks, meaning GM Doug Wilson would want a significant return to part with him.

Tim Gleason and Tuomo Ruutu, Carolina Hurricanes

These two have been a permanent fixture in the rumor mill since early December. They're both eligible for UFA status this summer and aren't expected to be re-signed by the Hurricanes. The reason both haven't been dealt yet is because Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford hopes to increase their trade value as the deadline approaches. Gleason has been linked to the Flyers, Blackhawks and Bruins, Ruutu with the Red Wings and Maple Leafs.

Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner, Edmonton Oilers

Of all the players rumored to be available leading up to this year's trade deadline, the 28-year-old Hemsky is considered “most likely to be traded.” He's been linked to the Blackhawks, Red Wings, Kings, Maple Leafs and Predators, but concern over his injury history and declining production may dampen his value.

Darren Dreger claimed Oilers GM Steve Tambellini wasn't shopping the 22-year-old Gagner, but every time Tambellini talks to a rival GM about a defenseman, Gagner's name comes up. The Oilers desperately need quality blueline depth and it could take Gagner to land a good defenseman, especially since there's not many options available for the Oilers in this summer's free agent market.

Marek Zidlicky, Minnesota Wild

The Wild's free-fall in the standings over the past six weeks had GM Chuck Fletcher seeking offensive help, leading to speculation Zidlicky will be available. He's a five-time 40-plus point defenseman, but over the past two seasons his production has been in decline. Turning 35 on Feb. 3 and with one year (at $4 million) remaining on his contract, Zidlicky’s trade value isn't as good as it once was.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:The deal would likely be contingent on Anaheim dealing Hiller.

And I'm pretty sure the Team 1200 guys said that Perry was a "natural center" lol. Not that he is the center of the deal.

I was making a joke.

Maybe Perry *did* play center before? I never understood the term "natural center" because it makes no sense. There is nothing about someone's physiology that makes them a "natural" to play that position. I can see how being a left-hand shot makes someone a "natural" for left wing, but center?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i've got nothing to say, just breaking up your streak

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:i've got nothing to say, just breaking up your streak
Ha. Was he going for it?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Riprock wrote:The deal would likely be contingent on Anaheim dealing Hiller.

I was making a joke.

Maybe Perry *did* play center before? I never understood the term "natural center" because it makes no sense. There is nothing about someone's physiology that makes them a "natural" to play that position. I can see how being a left-hand shot makes someone a "natural" for left wing, but center?

I assumed you weren't serious, but I figured I'd clarify.

I used the term "natural center" as someone who plays center on a regular basis. As far as I know, Perry hasn't played center in the NHL. He may have played C in the OHL, as many of the best players do.

My point was that if they (Tem 1200) erroneously say he is a C, then I can't believe much of what they say. Though, they aren't the only ones speculating the same trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They are just reporting it, they are not the source of the rumour.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They are just reporting it, they are not the source of the rumour.

Source?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Name Dropper believes Tuomo Ruutu is headed to the Windy City while he dropped yet another name into Hoss' Trade Bonanza Ten Gallon Hat this morning... young Joni Pitkanen.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:The Name Dropper believes Tuomo Ruutu is headed to the Windy City while he dropped yet another name into Hoss' Trade Bonanza Ten Gallon Hat this morning... young Joni Pitkanen.

That's a different case. He has 2 more years left at $4.5M per, but he's only 28 yrs old. His production has been pretty consistent the last two years (46 and 35 pts), and this year he was off to a good start (12 pts in 21 games) before getting concussed. He's currently still on the IR with a concussion. So yeah, could see him being dealt, but that's no rental player.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gleason gets an extension to the tune of 4 years x 4m. Where does that leave him?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Gleason gets an extension to the tune of 4 years x 4m. Where does that leave him?

In Carolina.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Gleason gets an extension to the tune of 4 years x 4m. Where does that leave him?

In Carolina.

You don't think that boosts his trade value at all? Is it a good enough deal to be considered a bargain for the 'Canes?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

In Carolina.

I was gonna say Purgatory but, yeah, Carolina works, too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Didn't see a Gleason extension coming at all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Didn't see a Gleason extension coming at all.

Further to my original question:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Tim Gleason has a full no-trade clause in first two years of his four-year deal.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

In Carolina.

You don't think that boosts his trade value at all? Is it a good enough deal to be considered a bargain for the 'Canes?

He averages 15-20 pts per year, he's pretty solid defensively, he fights occasionally, and apparently is a pretty good "team" guy. Probably one of those guys (not unlike Phillips) where the value to his current club is higher than his perceived market value.

$4M? Seems a little high, but what do I know.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

In Carolina.

He averages 15-20 pts per year, he's pretty solid defensively, he fights occasionally, and apparently is a pretty good "team" guy. Probably one of those guys (not unlike Phillips) where the value to his current club is higher than his perceived market value.

$4M? Seems a little high, but what do I know.

Neither here nor there with the NTC I guess. Meanwhile Akim Aliu is now part of the Flames org.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum