GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:In Anaheim's case it would be tough to make a deal with a playoff team since they are (supposedly) looking for even talent. Could me more likely a swap of star players with another bottom dweller to shake things up for the upcoming season.

Columbus?! Ahhhhh!

Could be. Or Murray is just blowing hot air to motivate his guys.

No doubt motiviation is the goal here, but if it doesn't work, a trade of at least one of the three must happen at some point (you can't really change your team's fortunes when the three offensive superstars you lean on aren't getting it done). Both Perry's and Getzlaf's contracts are up after next season. You have to think that they'll be looking for NTCs on their next contracts...if ANA gives them those, then their hands become tied. If ANA doesn't turn things around by NEXT trade deadline, at least one of these guys will be gone via trade. Just hard to say if anything will happen this year.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

If I'm Anaheim, I would want Kadri+Colborne and their 2012 1st for Getzlaf.

EDIT: And if I was Brian Burke I would probably do it.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Oglethorpe wrote:If I'm Anaheim, I would want Kadri+Colborne and their 2012 1st for Getzlaf.

EDIT: And if I was Brian Burke I would probably do it.
I completely forgot they had Colborne Facepalm definitely a package with value but Anaheim could probably get better.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Riprock wrote:Now that it is 2012, and the Deadline is under 2 months away, there's already a lot of tak about potential players available:

Corey Perry (ANA)
Bobby Ryan (ANA)
Ryan Getzlaf (ANA)
+ everyone else on Anaheim not named Koivu and Selanne (apparently)

Rick Nash (CLB)

Jarome Iginla (CLG) ?

Should these guys be moved? Where should they go?

As my personal favourite player, I'd love Nash in Ottawa, but not at the likely expense it would cost. Id hate to see him go to a rival too. And Boston's been mentioned.
How about from a Sens perspective? CBJ, CAR, ANA are all pretty much out of of it but WPG, MTL, EDM, TB, CGY are all in tough. Anyone on those teams that would make sense for the Sens (either an upgrade somewhere in bottom-4 D or bottom 6 F. A backup goalie)?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I said earlier that Bryan Allen would be a good fit on the Sens D.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want Perry or Ryan pretty bad. I know it doesn't follow what we've all been preaching - patience in our young roster and prospects, but again, these guys don't come around often.

Not Nash, I don't like that guy, he obviously doesn't know how to bring it each game. And Iginla would be fairly silly.

I actually don't think we need any D...I think Borowiecki and Gryba need to get their shot. Maybe someone like Sutton if he's like....free.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I want Perry or Ryan pretty bad. I know it doesn't follow what we've all been preaching - patience in our young roster and prospects, but again, these guys don't come around often.

With Zibaneblad being the toast of the World Juniors right now, this is definitely possible.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I want Perry or Ryan pretty bad. I know it doesn't follow what we've all been preaching - patience in our young roster and prospects, but again, these guys don't come around often.

With Zibaneblad being the toast of the World Juniors right now, this is definitely possible.

I thought the same thing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's all this about a BONANZA?!?!??!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any trades?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any trades?

Well, Brassard was actually traded to Ottawa a couple months ago, but he doesn't have a place to stay here, so we're just letting the Blue Jackets borrow him until he gets his housing situation sorted out.

Oh, also that whole Turris thing, but what has he done for us anyway?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Well, Brassard was actually traded to Ottawa a couple months ago, but he doesn't have a place to stay here, so we're just letting the Blue Jackets borrow him until he gets his housing situation sorted out.

Nothing since last night. Absolutely nothing. :crossarms:

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Assuming we're still in a playoff spot come the deadline and feel like we can do some damage come April, I still don't think Murray(s) do too much.

Needs: Maybe a goalie (Auld's been brutal and if Anderson goes down we're cooked unless Lehner comes up)

We're deep on D and up front so I would be surprised if we give up assets for anything unless its a "Hockey" trade and not a rental.

As much as I never thought this would be the case but Kuba isn't going anywhere if we keep winning. Gone by the Draft but here for now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Nothing since last night. Absolutely nothing. :crossarms:

The least he could do is scrape my driveway off so my father-in-law doesn't complain every time he sees it.

Seriously, what is it with older men having a "perfectly clean driveway all winter long" obsession? THERE ARE BETTER THINGS TO DO IN LIFE!!!!!!!!

Not to get off-topic, or anything.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BigRig wrote:
Assuming we're still in a playoff spot come the deadline and feel like we can do some damage come April, I still don't think Murray(s) do too much.

Needs: Maybe a goalie (Auld's been brutal and if Anderson goes down we're cooked unless Lehner comes up)

You answer your own question. Lehner will come up if Anderson gets hurt...I don't see any scenario where we go trade for another goalie, unless BOTH Anderson AND Lehner get hurt long-term, AND Auld continues to stink it up.

Lehner will be here next year, and I'm sure Murray wouldn't mind getting him into more NHL games this season if presented the opportunity. It's not like Bingo is going anywhere anyways.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tell him to hire someone for you and then he can complain about the company doing your driveway instead. Smile

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
BigRig wrote:

You answer your own question. Lehner will come up if Anderson gets hurt...I don't see any scenario where we go trade for another goalie, unless BOTH Anderson AND Lehner get hurt long-term, AND Auld continues to stink it up.

Lehner will be here next year, and I'm sure Murray wouldn't mind getting him into more NHL games this season if presented the opportunity. It's not like Bingo is going anywhere anyways.

Lehner will definitely come up if Anderson gets hurt (at least, that's what BM said at the beginning of the season), but we very well may need to pick up another backup if anything happens to Auld. Of course, by "anything happens" I mean "if he continues to get starts."

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
BigRig wrote:

Lehner will definitely come up if Anderson gets hurt (at least, that's what BM said at the beginning of the season), but we very well may need to pick up another backup if anything happens to Auld. Of course, by "anything happens" I mean "if he continues to get starts."

He might as well since he's not winning any games in Bingo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum