GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tell him to hire someone for you and then he can complain about the company doing your driveway instead. Smile

spader

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
BigRig wrote:
Assuming we're still in a playoff spot come the deadline and feel like we can do some damage come April, I still don't think Murray(s) do too much.

Needs: Maybe a goalie (Auld's been brutal and if Anderson goes down we're cooked unless Lehner comes up)

You answer your own question. Lehner will come up if Anderson gets hurt...I don't see any scenario where we go trade for another goalie, unless BOTH Anderson AND Lehner get hurt long-term, AND Auld continues to stink it up.

Lehner will be here next year, and I'm sure Murray wouldn't mind getting him into more NHL games this season if presented the opportunity. It's not like Bingo is going anywhere anyways.

Lehner will definitely come up if Anderson gets hurt (at least, that's what BM said at the beginning of the season), but we very well may need to pick up another backup if anything happens to Auld. Of course, by "anything happens" I mean "if he continues to get starts."

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
BigRig wrote:
Assuming we're still in a playoff spot come the deadline and feel like we can do some damage come April, I still don't think Murray(s) do too much.

Needs: Maybe a goalie (Auld's been brutal and if Anderson goes down we're cooked unless Lehner comes up)

You answer your own question. Lehner will come up if Anderson gets hurt...I don't see any scenario where we go trade for another goalie, unless BOTH Anderson AND Lehner get hurt long-term, AND Auld continues to stink it up.

Lehner will be here next year, and I'm sure Murray wouldn't mind getting him into more NHL games this season if presented the opportunity. It's not like Bingo is going anywhere anyways.

Lehner will definitely come up if Anderson gets hurt (at least, that's what BM said at the beginning of the season), but we very well may need to pick up another backup if anything happens to Auld. Of course, by "anything happens" I mean "if he continues to get starts."

He might as well since he's not winning any games in Bingo.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If he's not winning games in Bingo then why would he be winning games here ?

If it wasn't for waivers they'd be better off calling McKenna up and let Lehner get his Dung together in Bingo.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

#thirdperiodheroics

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

If it wasn't for waivers they'd be better off calling McKenna up and let Lehner get his Dung together in Bingo.

He wouldn't but at least fans could blame some veterans they don't care about for the losses, like Carkner or maybe Konopka.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He wouldn't but at least fans could blame some veterans they don't care about for the losses, like Carkner or maybe Konopka.

Can we keep blaming Roundleaf? Just for fun?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

They'll blame Lehner, we're not exactly kind to our goalies in this town.

Maybe Don Brennan (Ottawa Sun NHL Entry Draft expert) will call him a "garbage pick" as well.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

They'll blame Lehner, we're not exactly kind to our goalies in this town.

Maybe Don Brennan (Ottawa Sun NHL Entry Draft expert) will call him a "garbage pick" as well.

I can't stand Brennan, but did he call Karlsson a garbage pick? I'm pretty sure he just quoted someone who did.

He's a db either way, just askin'.

EDIT: Found it:
"Nice way to show your thanks to the fans for their support," said Brian Samuel, a regular ticket-buying customer at Scotiabank Place who was sitting in Level 2 wearing a Senators jersey and surrounded by his buddies in Leafs and Blackhawks colours.

"That's a garbage pick. They could have had him in the second round."

So it looks to me like he used the quote strategically. It's done in such a way that he can deny that the words are his, but he's certainly not arguing against the comment.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Brennan/2008/06/21/5947311-sun.html

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
So it looks to me like he used the quote strategically. It's done in such a way that he can deny that the words are his, but he's certainly not arguing against the comment.

Exactly, he found someone saying what he wanted to say, he even used that quote as the headline for maximum effect.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Exactly, he found someone saying what he wanted to say, he even used that quote as the headline for maximum effect.

Ha. It's actually kind of clever.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Seems made up too. What would a Leafs fan be doing at a draft?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Same thing they do at Sens games (when the Leafs aren't playing) ?

Leaf fans are amusing. Greg Brady on Fan 590 (https://twitter.com/#!/bradyfan590) did a re-draft of the 2008 Entry Draft and ranked Jake Gardiner above Karlsson. Even Ian Mendes got into a bit of a spat with him over that.

bradyfan590 Greg Brady
If you did 08 NHL Draft over (R1) here's my guess: 1.Stamkos 2.Doughty 3.Myers 4.Hodgson 5.Bogosian 6.Gardiner 7.Alex P 8.Eberle 9.Schenn

Hilarious how the media down in TO downplays everything on the Sens and upsells anything on the Leafs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Same thing they do at Sens games (when the Leafs aren't playing) ?

Leaf fans are amusing. Greg Brady on Fan 590 (https://twitter.com/#!/bradyfan590) did a re-draft of the 2008 Entry Draft and ranked Jake Gardiner above Karlsson. Even Ian Mendes got into a bit of a spat with him over that.

bradyfan590 Greg Brady
If you did 08 NHL Draft over (R1) here's my guess: 1.Stamkos 2.Doughty 3.Myers 4.Hodgson 5.Bogosian 6.Gardiner 7.Alex P 8.Eberle 9.Schenn

Hilarious how the media down in TO downplays everything on the Sens and upsells anything on the Leafs.

They sicken, yet amuse me all at once. Beer

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

#thirdperiodheroics

Yes. His SV% was actually pretty good (at least before the last game) and it was surprising how bad his record was. But the team has been stuck at the bottom of the division most of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Karlsson won't play in the NHL for a year or two or three, if he ever does. Real tough to get excited about him now.

Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And that quote I pasted is Brennan's own words, not attributed to anyone. There is a Mail To Friend link -- I wish I could mail it to Brennan himself, but he's no-longer advertising his e-mail address.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Seems made up too. What would a Leafs fan be doing at a draft?

Good question. Maybe trying to figure out why all the other teams are so good?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum