GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Trades?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:Trades?

more to come...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chris Kelly got traded, anyone know what for???!!!!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Chris Kelly got traded, anyone know what for???!!!!

BOS, draft pick.

That's all I got.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I'm hearing "mid-round pick".

I'm going to lose my Dung if we traded Kelly for a 3rd.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ugh, a 2nd.

Brutal.

Don't like this decision.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm with you on that one. can't puzzle it out.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:I'm with you on that one. can't puzzle it out.

Looks like to me this management has said, "Spezza, or the old core." And Spezza won out.

Open season on Neil & Phillips now, for sure.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

Looks like to me this management has said, "Spezza, or the old core." And Spezza won out.

If the right offer came in for Spezza, I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt. But the right offer likely won't come.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

If the right offer came in for Spezza, I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt. But the right offer likely won't come.

I've long said Spezza isn't a guy you build around, & I really wish we weren't actively trying to do so, but I don't want to open up that can of worms tonight.

Spezza being moved tonight would have caught me less off guard than this. I thought Kelly was here for the long haul for sure, especially after getting a 'A', what, 4 days ago?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Melnyk wanted the budget cut, and Murray is obliging.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I've long said Spezza isn't a guy you build around, & I really wish we weren't actively trying to do so, but I don't want to open up that can of worms tonight.

Spezza being moved tonight would have caught me less off guard than this. I thought Kelly was here for the long haul for sure, especially after getting a 'A', what, 4 days ago?

I think that's over-simplifying. I can't see it being an either or choice.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray had been talking to Chiarelli about "other things" when The Mayor decided to ask about Kelly.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I don't know how it's not.

Who was OTT's veteran core at the start of the season? Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Kelly, & Neil. If you're shipping out everyone but Spezza & Alfie (& and Alfie is too sacred to even touch), which looks like it's happening, then clearly you're saying, "Spezza is the guy we build around," no?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I don't know how it's not.

Who was OTT's veteran core at the start of the season? Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Kelly, & Neil. If you're shipping out everyone but Spezza & Alfie (& and Alfie is too sacred to even touch), which looks like it's happening, then clearly you're saying, "Spezza is the guy we build around," no?
Or he was unmovable with the 7M cap hit attached.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum