GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2011! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+32
LeCaptain
ddt
asq2
Amnesia021
beedub
garblar
Hobiesens
SDH89
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
tim1_2
shabbs
The Silfer Server
CockRoche
Riprock
sandysensfan
dennycrane
strachattack
SensHulk
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
Flo The Action
Ev
22_4_ever
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
PTFlea
spader
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray had been talking to Chiarelli about "other things" when The Mayor decided to ask about Kelly.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I'm with you on that one. can't puzzle it out.

Looks like to me this management has said, "Spezza, or the old core." And Spezza won out.

Open season on Neil & Phillips now, for sure.
If the right offer came in for Spezza, I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt. But the right offer likely won't come.

I've long said Spezza isn't a guy you build around, & I really wish we weren't actively trying to do so, but I don't want to open up that can of worms tonight.

Spezza being moved tonight would have caught me less off guard than this. I thought Kelly was here for the long haul for sure, especially after getting a 'A', what, 4 days ago?

I think that's over-simplifying. I can't see it being an either or choice.

I don't know how it's not.

Who was OTT's veteran core at the start of the season? Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Kelly, & Neil. If you're shipping out everyone but Spezza & Alfie (& and Alfie is too sacred to even touch), which looks like it's happening, then clearly you're saying, "Spezza is the guy we build around," no?

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I'm with you on that one. can't puzzle it out.

Looks like to me this management has said, "Spezza, or the old core." And Spezza won out.

Open season on Neil & Phillips now, for sure.
If the right offer came in for Spezza, I wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt. But the right offer likely won't come.

I've long said Spezza isn't a guy you build around, & I really wish we weren't actively trying to do so, but I don't want to open up that can of worms tonight.

Spezza being moved tonight would have caught me less off guard than this. I thought Kelly was here for the long haul for sure, especially after getting a 'A', what, 4 days ago?

I think that's over-simplifying. I can't see it being an either or choice.

Who was OTT's veteran core at the start of the season? Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Phillips, Kelly, & Neil. If you're shipping out everyone but Spezza & Alfie (& and Alfie is too sacred to even touch), which looks like it's happening, then clearly you're saying, "Spezza is the guy we build around," no?
Or he was unmovable with the 7M cap hit attached.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Or he was unmovable with the 7M cap hit attached.

If that's the case, we're going to be paying for one bad signing for a long time to come.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, Bogosian officially asked out of Atlanta...there's where Toronto's 1st is going. Boy, would I ever love a piece of him here - and a Sens fan too.

Neil + Boston 2nd round pick + Gryba/Wideman/Petersson

for

Bogosian

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or Neil + Phillips + Ottawa 3rd round for Leblanc?

Dare to dream...(not that I want to trade Neil).

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, Bogosian officially asked out of Atlanta...there's where Toronto's 1st is going. Boy, would I ever love a piece of him here - and a Sens fan too.

for

Bogosian

Do you mean the first that BOS holds (TOR's originally), or the 1st that TOR just acquired (PHI's)?

Bogosian being available is very intriguing. ATL is a potentially playoff bound team, too...

Phillips + 2nd + mid-tier prospect?

That's a deal I could sign off on. Helps ATL now, helps replenish their system, too, to soften the blow.

And then OTT ends up with the DET-esque D for years to come. Nod

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, Bogosian officially asked out of Atlanta...there's where Toronto's 1st is going. Boy, would I ever love a piece of him here - and a Sens fan too.

for

Bogosian

Do you mean the first that BOS holds (TOR's originally), or the 1st that TOR just acquired (PHI's)?

Bogosian being available is very intriguing. ATL is a potentially playoff bound team, too...

Phillips + 2nd + mid-tier prospect?

That's a deal I could sign off on. Helps ATL now, helps replenish their system, too, to soften the blow.

And then OTT ends up with the DET-esque D for years to come. Nod

No, I think it's gonna be Toronto's 1st - held by Boston. I think they're about to flip it over to Atlanta with someone else to get him. Mark Stuart's name has come up a lot, Stuart + Toronto's 1st for Bogo sounds about right.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Do you really think Chris would sign off on a deal to ATL...

THen again, he has always been a loyal guy and maybe just maybe he sees how this deal would help Ottawa long term and agree to it (assuming it ever were to happen).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

22_4_ever wrote:Do you really think Chris would sign off on a deal to ATL...

THen again, he has always been a loyal guy and maybe just maybe he sees how this deal would help Ottawa long term and agree to it (assuming it ever were to happen).

Neil? He doesn't have a NTC.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one even dream about Bogosian, the price will be high. Too high for us as a rebuilding/re-tooling, whatever the Diddle we're doing.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Phillips, from my speculative post, above.

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

Phillips...I don't see him waiving to ATL, just commenting on Rooneypoo's trade scenario.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Phillips, from my speculative post, above.

Hmmm, I think the Thrashers would be looking for more than that personally. Hard to gauge, easy to lose this battle though when Boston brings Toronto's 1st into it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Chris Kelly gets to play here on Friday haha. That's got to be odd.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

for

Bogosian
that's a steal if we do that. atlanta doesn't pull that trigger.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if we want bogosian it's gonna cost us neil + rundblad + a pick to start with

Flo The Action wrote:

for

Bogosian
that's a steal if we do that. atlanta doesn't pull that trigger.

Agreed. If Boston parts with the Leafs pick, they could easily draft Dougie Hamilton or Duncan Siemens to replace Bogosian. If don't think Bogosian is going anywhere for a package of pieces. They'll be looking for quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum