GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto trades Versteeg to Philly for 1st rounder + 3rd rounder

+13
CockRoche
Riprock
spader
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Media-types are unanimously hailing Jurke as a genius for this deal. Must be a better deal than I thought.

Indeed. Not sure I see the greatness of a pick that could be as late as 30th and a 3rd as late as 90th is a fantastic return but I guess we'll see.

The Nashville 1st round pick we received for Fisher could be as late as 30th as well. Not sure I see the greatness of that deal either.

How about we just wait and see and let the chips fall where they may?

You're right technically but it's much more likely that Philly's pick will be a very late pick than it is that Nashville "Can't win a round in the playoffs" Predators is of even remotely being considered likely to be 30th. Thanks for trying though.

Haha. You are right. The top seeds in the East and West always make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

I wish I could alter my predictions to support the point I am trying to make at any given moment.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
With our 2nd rounder potentially coming in 1 later than that pick, we should be able to get another 1st for Phillips and that 2nd?

Would you do that though? That's a pretty hefty price to move up 10 spots.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Media-types are unanimously hailing Jurke as a genius for this deal. Must be a better deal than I thought.

Indeed. Not sure I see the greatness of a pick that could be as late as 30th and a 3rd as late as 90th is a fantastic return but I guess we'll see.

The Nashville 1st round pick we received for Fisher could be as late as 30th as well. Not sure I see the greatness of that deal either.

You're right technically but it's much more likely that Philly's pick will be a very late pick than it is that Nashville "Can't win a round in the playoffs" Predators is of even remotely being considered likely to be 30th. Thanks for trying though.

Haha. You are right. The top seeds in the East and West always make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

I wish I could alter my predictions to support the point I am trying to make at any given moment.

Lets just wait until the playoffs are over for you to tell me I'm right. Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
With our 2nd rounder potentially coming in 1 later than that pick, we should be able to get another 1st for Phillips and that 2nd?

Better than dealing the NSH pick + Phillips for the TOR pick, IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, you want to stock up on 1sts, but that TO pick might be very useful.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, you want to stock up on 1sts, but that TO pick might be very useful.

I think trading Phillips + NSH pick solely for that TO pick, without knowing where either falls at the end of the season, looks like an overpayment to me.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder how much value these draft picks really have, since almost everyone is under the impression that this is a weak draft year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I wonder how much value these draft picks really have, since almost everyone is under the impression that this is a weak draft year.

By the way, Pierre McGuire says that this deal starts a Philly-style turnaround for the Leafs. Citing Jurke's brilliant Genius-ness.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:I wonder how much value these draft picks really have, since almost everyone is under the impression that this is a weak draft year.

By the way, Pierre McGuire says that this deal starts a Philly-style turnaround for the Leafs. Citing Jurke's brilliant Genius-ness.
I find it hard to believe even McGuire would say that. Leafs have no where near the assets Philly did when they bottomed out and started the turnaround. Also, the Leafs still don't have their own 1st round pick.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I find it hard to believe even McGuire would say that. Leafs have no where near the assets Philly did when they bottomed out and started the turnaround. Also, the Leafs still don't have their own 1st round pick.

Believe it. It was like a Valentine's day audio-card to Brian Jurke a day after the big day. Very entertaining.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Believe it. It was like a Valentine's day audio-card to Brian Jurke a day after the big day. Very entertaining.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing he would say something quite that silly. If TO's about to do a Philly style turn around, what are we about to turn into, the 83 Islanders?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, I have a hard time believing he would say something quite that silly. If TO's about to do a Philly style turn around, what are we about to turn into, the 83 Islanders?

No because we're Ottawa. We made basically the same trade, have better players, but we are the ones that will have to wait 3 - 5 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
No because we're Ottawa. We made basically the same trade, have better players, but we are the ones that will have to wait 3 - 5 years.

If he actually said that about the Leafs, he's not at all fit to GM a team.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

In which case we'd also get a 2nd round pick.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Or he's in love with Jurke like all hockey media are?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

In which case we'd also get a 2nd round pick.

Yes, true enough!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Well, there's that, & then there's the fact that he's a blow-hard douchebag who brings no credibility & would instantly turn our franchise into a bigger joke than it already is, much like the effect the Barry Melrose signing has, perception-wise, on TB a few years ago. Let's not forget either point.

Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Link to audio/source?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum