GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Versteeg deal coming?

+3
Flo The Action
asq2
PTFlea
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Versteeg deal coming? Empty Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2260

Sounds like a 3 X 3 for Versteeg.

2Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 am

No clue how Chicago is gonna be able to sign Toews and Kane next year with all those contracts, none.

3Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:No clue how Chicago is gonna be able to sign Toews and Kane next year with all those contracts, none.

Shrug

Start trading guys? Byfuglien, Sharp, bury Sopel in the minors, try to trade Campbell, try to trade Huet/bury him in the minors as well?

4Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:48 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:No clue how Chicago is gonna be able to sign Toews and Kane next year with all those contracts, none.

And Keith.

Better hope they can find a way to move Campbell.

5Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Shrug

Start trading guys? Byfuglien, Sharp, bury Sopel in the minors, try to trade Campbell, try to trade Huet/bury him in the minors as well?

As we've seen in Ottawa, though, eliminating depth is rarely effective.

This upcoming season's going to be pretty important to the 'Hawks. By no means will it be their "last chance," but it might be their best for a little while, at least.

6Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:06 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mybe we'll see new heights as far as lenghs of contracts... 15 years? either that or they are gonna be very busy on the trading come next summer FingersCrossed could be good for us. i'd love sharp on our team.

7Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:31 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Even if they sign all these guys, is Huet really dependable enough to help shoulder the load of a Stanley Cup run?

8Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Even if they sign all these guys, is Huet really dependable enough to help shoulder the load of a Stanley Cup run?

Nice to see you think the Hawks are going on a Stanley Cup run. Smile

As for me, IMHO there's a long way to go before next spring.

9Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 am

PKC wrote:Even if they sign all these guys, is Huet really dependable enough to help shoulder the load of a Stanley Cup run?

Personally, I don't think so, but what choice are they going to have? They may be able to resign everyone, but I'd say that the Hawk's window of opportunity to be a serious contender will get much shorter because of this mess up with the RFAs. Unless one of Crawford or Niemi really steps up, Huet will be the guy by default.

10Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Zoolander wrote:

Personally, I don't think so, but what choice are they going to have? They may be able to resign everyone, but I'd say that the Hawk's window of opportunity to be a serious contender will get much shorter because of this mess up with the RFAs. Unless one of Crawford or Niemi really steps up, Huet will be the guy by default.

we have Auld if they need a backup, and if they need cap relief, post a Dany Heatley trade, we don't mind helping them out by taking Versteeg or Barker straight up for Auld to alleviate their cap issue.

11Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

I put them ahead of Detroit now Dave. I think you guys have a serious, SERIOUS chance to win it all next season.

12Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:18 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
davetherave wrote:

I put them ahead of Detroit now Dave. I think you guys have a serious, SERIOUS chance to win it all next season.
Not with Hoassa in the lineup. Hossa = NO CUP 4 U!!!

13Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Not with Hoassa in the lineup. Hossa = NO CUP 4 U!!!

Ah yes, one must not forget The Curse is with them now.

14Versteeg deal coming? Empty Re: Versteeg deal coming? Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:36 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Versteeg hasn't been finalized yet? or should I check TSN for more updates?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum