GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATED: Toronto trades Stralman, Stuart for Primeau & Flames 2nd rounder in 2011

+9
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
Tuk Tuk
Phoenix30
Bramlet07
shabbs
davetherave
rooneypoo
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285925

...Wayne Primeau.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't help it. I'm not a big fan of the Leafs, but I don't like this deal. What can I say? Shrug

Stralman was a great prospect and was only getting better.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285925

Sorry, and Wayne Primeau.

Ugh, brutal.

The 2nd is good, I suppose, but Stralman oozes potential. I don't get why you make this deal, other than because you've got 9 defenceman on your roster -- many as a result of moves you purposely made days before.

Glad I'm not a Leaf fan because, if I were, I'd be pissed today.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Ugh, brutal.

The 2nd is good, I suppose, but Stralman oozes potential. I don't get why you make this deal, other than because you've got 9 defenceman on your roster -- many as a result of moves you purposely made days before.

For sure.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285925

Sorry, and Wayne Primeau.

Ugh, brutal.

Rooney>IMHO this is just 'Burke House cleaning'...Primeau's a short term addition up front who (presumedly) adds more toughness.

Take a look at Burke's list of players...almost none of them are signed beyond next season. NHLNumbers.com has the Leafs with almost $28MM worth of cap room come June 2010.

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=TOR&season=0910

Perhaps BB is planning on some more shopping next year. Wink

Toronto has 25 players signed beyond the 2010 season. Seems like a full roster to me.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

notch4077 wrote:Toronto has 25 players signed beyond the 2010 season. Seems like a full roster to me.

Check the list for yourself...

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=TOR&season=0910

...if you have more accurate info, feel free to share it with us.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote: Ugh, brutal.

Just did a little research on this FYI...Stralman was a 7th rounder and Wilson appears to be a minor leaguer. (per Faceoff.com player profiles)

Where did you get the "oozes potential" on Stralman from? Not saying you're wrong...just curious.

Burke gets a 2nd rounder in 2011 and a relatively cheap forward for this year.

Maybe one of the Leaf fans who posts here (are there any?) can give us their perspective...

Last edited by davetherave on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Just did a little research on this FYI...Stralman was a 7th rounder and Wilson appears to be a minor leaguer. (per Faceoff.com player profiles)

Where did you get the "oozes potential" on Stralman from? Not saying you're wrong...just curious.

Burke gets a 2nd rounder next year and a relatively cheap forward for this year.

Maybe one of the Leaf fans who posts here (are there any?) can give us their perspective...

Watching him play. And listening to what others have to say about him. Dobber has been saying that this guy's been getting the short end of the stick in TOR for years, for instance. Most scouting reports I see on him agree he's top-4 potential:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Anton_Stralman/

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

notch4077 wrote:www.capgeek.com

DTR is definitely right on this one.

According to CapGeek, TOR has $34.650 committed to 10 players in 2010-11. They have a few RFAs to deal with, but the slate is relatively clean.

The other 15 players under contract you're pointing to are the minor-leaguers -- the Toronto Marlies. Among those 15, probably only Kadri, Tlusty, and DiDomenico will get serious consideration for the 2010-11 Toronto Maple Leafs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs had a log-jam at D... I guess Stralman picked the short Stral.... ha ha ha.... no?

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Is Stralman good enough to replace Dion when hes traded to us for Heatley?

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Bramlet07 wrote:Is Stralman good enough to replace Dion when hes traded to us for Heatley?

I dont think he is but Pardy who Calgary recently resigned has been compared to be a cheaper version of Phaneuf. Calgary has added some nice depth since the draft so I have been wondering if they would be interested in putting something together where its Phaneuf and picks for Heatley.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I liked Stralman a lot. 22 years old, not logging big minutes, but slowly learning. He had 13 points in 38 games and his body is big enough to allow him to expand into a 20 minute D-man - and judging by his numbers, he may have hit somewhere in the 40 point range.

Anytime you acquire a 2nd rounder, it's a good thing, but the farming that went into this particular player already means it's an interesting choice. But...who am I to argue with the great Burke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum