GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

versteeg to the leafs

+8
beedub
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1versteeg to the leafs Empty versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leafs get Versteeg and the rights to winger Bill Sweatt in exchange for forwards Viktor Stalberg, Chris DiDomenico and Philippe Paradis

2versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

im surprised they dealt stalberg. i thought they liked him in TO. Burke sure loves messin' with his team.

3versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Versteeg is a big upgrade on Stahlberg or Stallberg or Stalburg or whoever.

4versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:27 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave

Huh. Stalberg and Didomenico is a lot to lose in terms of forward prospects when you consider how thin their depth is up front.

Never was a Versteeg fan, tho'.

5versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bill must have been SWEATING when he heard the news that he was shipped to Toronto.

6versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave

Huh. Stalberg and Didomenico is a lot to lose in terms of forward prospects when you consider how thin their depth is up front.

Burke doesn't like his prospects, he "trades for the now". I don't like Versteeg either, I think he's a Byfuglien-like player in the sense that he is a product of the system he played him and the players surrounding him.

7versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Versteeg may be overrated a little having been so insulated in Chicago, but I still think he is a big upgrade. SSF must love Burke, man of action.

8versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if he continues like this he's gonna send the message that if you want to be a leaf, don't bet they won't trade you whenever jerk feels like it.

9versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:http://twitter.com/Dallas_Dave

Burke doesn't like his prospects, he "trades for the now". I don't like Versteeg either, I think he's a Byfuglien-like player in the sense that he is a product of the system he played him and the players surrounding him.

I just remember DiDomenica from the WJCs, where he was pretty good. I realize that that tournament has a habit of making everyone on Team Canada look good, but still -- after Kadri, who do the Leafs have in terms of forward prospects worth mentioning? I don't say that to be mean, either.

Versteeg, Byfuglien, and Barker were all overpaid, and are all over-rated, in my books. I'm guessing now that all three are on weaker teams, they'll all be quickly exposed.

10versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stalberg and Dido are pretty good prospects. I think it's funny that Leafs fans used players like these in arguments that their farm system was loaded, but when they trade them away they say "meh, they were garbage anyway".

One more thing: PLAN THE PARADE!

11versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Trading away the future for the present. Sounds like a classic Leafs deal.

12versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DiDomenico and Paradis have nice potential, but it's Stalberg who was gonna be a nice player for the Leafs.

Price seems high, but Versteeg can put the puck in the net for sure.

13versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Hoags wrote:Trading away the future for the present. Sounds like a classic Leafs deal.
Aren't Stalberg and Versteeg about the same age?

14versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Versteeg is younger than Regin (EDIT: and Stalberg).

Pretty good deal for the Leafs.

Last edited by asq2 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

15versteeg to the leafs Empty Re: versteeg to the leafs Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't know the prospects involved very well at all but it sounds like a reasonable deal for the Leafs, at least a concrete improvement of firepower IMO.

Good deal for Chicago as well, as I really didn't think they would get that much return for Versteeg.

The Leafs probably identified Versteeg as being an underplayed forward rather than an overrated one in Chicago, and hope he can contribute more with more ice time. Time will tell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum