GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto trades Versteeg to Philly for 1st rounder + 3rd rounder

+13
CockRoche
Riprock
spader
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

I'm surprised at how many 1st rounders are being shipped away so far. IMO Fisher and Versteeg shouldn't carry that kind of value..... The Flyers are STACKED big time up front now, very scary team.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
marakh wrote:The forwards corps of the Flyers is now the most amazing thing I've seen since Anaheim in 06-07.

They also have a very good defense.. The only question is in goal.

Boston & Pitts now will have to step up to try to keep pace.

Pitts will get the injured players back (except Malkin). They could really use Ruutu & Kovalev though. We won't ask for much. LOL

Boston -- has the goaltending and the D. They need to upgrade the forward position since they lost Savard?

We should do everything possible to get Pitts' 1st rounder before it's too late Toronto trades Versteeg to Philly for 1st rounder + 3rd rounder - Page 2 270956

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

I doubt they'll be able to re-sign Leino now. Dominoes!!!

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

It's looking like a great year to be in a seller's market, that's for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's only 5 sellers or so. Look out, Phillips at the LAST second to ____________ for a 1st + mid-level prospect.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:I don't know how Philly can get a goalie now, they are out of cap space big time.

Do they flip Versteeg to FLA for Vokoun?

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I don't know how Philly can get a goalie now, they are out of cap space big time.

Hmm, interesting point. Tallon and Versteeg have a connection as well. Florida would have to add to the deal though to ensure that they get fleeced again. Sarcasm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Philly doesn't want another goalie, I'm convinced.
If they did they had a bunch of chances for more cap efficient options.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting trade. I wonder who was pushing more for this... I would have thought the Leafs would have held onto Versteeg.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Versteeg + Zherdev = perfect for Vokoun. Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holmgren has stones though - and you have to admire that. He sees the opportunity to win the Cup, he goes after it - hard - although, I still don't really know why he hasn't added a star goalie, but, there's still time (Leclaire!!).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Burke is trying to move the 3rd round pick for a roster player that can help now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Sounds like Burke is trying to move the 3rd round pick for a roster player that can help now.

Wasn't Versteeg able to help now?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Interesting trade. I wonder who was pushing more for this... I would have thought the Leafs would have held onto Versteeg.

It certainly blows the "you don't trade a guy you just signed" theory out of the water.

next - Gonchar?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
shabbs wrote:Interesting trade. I wonder who was pushing more for this... I would have thought the Leafs would have held onto Versteeg.

It certainly blows the "you don't trade a guy you just signed" theory out of the water.

next - Gonchar?

Versteeg was a trade, not a signing. Same overall concept I guess, but it's different enough.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Sounds like Burke is trying to move the 3rd round pick for a roster player that can help now.

Wasn't Versteeg able to help now?

I get the impression that Burke thinks he can parlay that 3rd into a similarly effective player, thus netting him a 1st. This is, of course, conjecture.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Glenncross? lol that would be a steal

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A 3rd round pick for a roster player than can help now? Burke's an f-ing genius, I swear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum