GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you draft?

+20
Straight Shooter
asq2
ddt
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
sandysensfan
CockRoche
rooneypoo
Oglethorpe
SDH89
Ev
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
spader
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Edmonton took Larsson. We pick next. Who do you take?

Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_lcap233%Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 14 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_lcap245%Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 19 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_lcap214%Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 6 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Who do you draft? - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

46Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Done Smile Now I'll add a Calendar reminder (one for Draft Day, another one for a year from now, recurring for 4 years) Am I going overboard on this?
Nod

Being in high-tech, I'm just not sure where my Calendar will be next year, let alone 4 years.

47Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:As it stands right now, looking at only the Fisher trade, anyone that thinks the rebuild will be quick, is seriously misguided IMO.

SpezDispenser and I agree that when the other trades roll in there will be faces to attach to the new players; but not currently.

Currently, 3-5 years is when the playoffs will be in reach.

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

That is of the few jokes or sarcastic innuendos that I don't understand. It must stem from something before my arrival at GMHockey.

Meh.
No one knows what SSF is saying at any given time.

48Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:35 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:As it stands right now, looking at only the Fisher trade, anyone that thinks the rebuild will be quick, is seriously misguided IMO.

SpezDispenser and I agree that when the other trades roll in there will be faces to attach to the new players; but not currently.

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

That is of the few jokes or sarcastic innuendos that I don't understand. It must stem from something before my arrival at GMHockey.

Meh.

Clearly a Simpsons reference:

Homer: That tree's been in Springfield since the time of our forefathers. Give it back or we'll bust in there and take it!
Shelby's Dad: Bust in here and take it? You must be stupider than you look.
Homer: Stupider like a fox!

49Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

Meh.

Homer: That tree's been in Springfield since the time of our forefathers. Give it back or we'll bust in there and take it!

It's only clear if you watch the Simpson's though. I've never seen a full episode of that show.

50Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 pm

stempniaksen wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd still like to see us package the Nashville first in order to move up the draft. That's not totally unheard of either right?

Not at all, trading up happens enough to be considered a viable option. The most talked about trade when it comes to this, happened in 2002; when Columbus traded up and Florida moved down.

The Jackets poised to pick 3rd, surprised everyone by convincing the Florida Panthers, winners of the lottery, to swap draft picks with them, allowing Columbus to take Rick Nash first overall. The trade with Columbus was contingent on the Panthers receiving a guarantee from the Thrashers, who had the 2nd overall selection, that they would not take the projected and highly-touted 1st overall defenceman Jay Bouwmeester with their second pick. The Thrashers agreed and chose Kari Lehtonen. Florida received in compensation, for moving down 2 spots in the draft, the option to flip 1st round picks with Columbus the following year, 2003.

Later in the round, Florida made another deal and traded up this time. The Panthers gave Calgary the 10th pick overall, along with their fourth-round pick, to move up into Calgary's spot ninth overall choosing Petr Taticek.

It happens.

An interesting part about the Bouwmeester/Nash swap is that those players would have probably gone to the same teams regardless and that the Florida GM regretted making the move later on because it had apparently shaken the confidence of Bouwmeester (who was supposed to be the surefire 1st overall) and the the return wasn't worth it on their end.

Completely off-topic, but I thought it was interesting when I heard it.

Shaken his confidence? Laughing3 If a guy has his confidence shaken by going 3rd VS. 1st, maybe he probably doesn't have the mental makeup to be an elite NHLer.

The guy is a bust. He's Redden-esque overpaid IMO.

51Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

Meh.

Exactly.

Wink

52Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:51 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

Meh.

It's only clear if you watch the Simpson's though. I've never seen a full episode of that show.

My heart bleeds for your cultural impoverishment.

I grew up in a small town, in the 1990s. Every single person in that town knew about The Simpsons, and could recite large sections of seasons 3-9, or so.

53Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I think the new plan is to draft everybody HappyDance1

54Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

4 picks in the top 60, & counting.

I guess there's a bit of sunshine lurking behind every dark cloud.

55Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:4 picks in the top 60, & counting.

5 out of 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

Meh.

I grew up in a small town, in the 1990s. Every single person in that town knew about The Simpsons, and could recite large sections of seasons 3-9, or so.

Simpsons nut right here. I stopped buying the DVDs at Season 10. It didn't suck after that...I don't know what the right word is for it, but it wasn't the same.

57Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:

5 out of 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More sunshine on a cloudy day.

58Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:53 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I thought the saying was 'crazy like a fox!'

shame on ppl who never watched old skool simpsons....the new episodes are terrible

59Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Misguided?!?!

Like a FOX!!!

Meh.

Simpsons nut right here. I stopped buying the DVDs at Season 10. It didn't suck after that...I don't know what the right word is for it, but it wasn't the same.

I used to pride myself in seeing every Simpsons episode, now it's got to the point where I've probably missed more than I've seen, sadly.

60Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

5 out of 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually 5 out of 63... Montreal received a 2nd as compensation for not having signed David Fischer I believe. Might have been someone else.

61Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Bass Destruction wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

5 out of 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually 5 out of 63... Montreal received a 2nd as compensation for not having signed David Fischer I believe. Might have been someone else.
You are correct. Montreal recieves the 50th pick overall as compensation.

62Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Bass Destruction wrote:It's actually 5 out of 63... Montreal received a 2nd as compensation for not having signed David Fischer I believe. Might have been someone else.

Good catch! I had forgotten about that.

63Who do you draft? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:16 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

On that topic I think SJ gets a compensation pick for Pat White (might not).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum