GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you like in this DRAFT?

+6
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
NEELY
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Who do you like in this DRAFT? Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...and why?

I'll sticky this for various scouting reports and opinions.

http://www.tsn.ca/teen-titans-mcdavid-eichel-top-mckenzie-s-draft-ranking-1.83478

2Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Konecny... love that player.  Not because he's a 67 but because that's exactly what the Sens need.  Short of winning the lotto I think that's the player the Sens should be taking.

3Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

McDavid.  I have had a feeling for awhile that we would get him, either by winning the lottery or with a large haul to Edmonton.  

Konecny if we are picking 8-15.  

Outside the top 3 I like Strome, Zacha, Marner and Werenski in that order.

4Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like McDavid or Eichel outside of those trade the pick. Deep draft my arse.

5Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:55 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't care who, from where and how big. Just take the most skilled guy available.

I like Barzal, let's see what he can do until the end of the year.

6Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd trade the pick

7Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Konecny reminds me a little of Lazar. And he's slotted right around where we'll likely be picking. So yeah, taking a 67 early worked out for us last time (Ceci), so why not. As far as I'm concerned, McDavid and Eichel are overhyped. They're not Crysbys.

This Jordan Greenway kid sounds promising as a giant left-winger, which is something we could use.

Seriously though, it's hard to get excited over an unknown prospect at this point who's at least two years out (and likely more) from making our NHL roster. If a trade if possible with our first for a young NHLer who can make an immediate impact, do it.

8Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Konecny has as much pure skill as anyone in this draft IMO, better shot than McDavid, harder than Marner, and IMO better then the rest of the guys not named Eichel. Kid is a pittpull.

If I was drafting 3rd I would take Hanifin no problem, I think he could end up being the best player from this draft.

So yah, Konecny if the Sens are drafting anywhere from 5-14, it's obviously a wide range but this draft you can make a case for a lot of guys.

Zacha is also a fav of mine if you are looking for that big winger... Crouse is solid but Zacha is just as good and would be getting the same kind of hype if he were Canadian.

9Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not to worry folks, I like our odds on this lottery thingy, we got this.

10Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With our luck, Toronto will win the lottery.

11Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

And with their luck McDavid would bust and crumble in Toronto.

12Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:08 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If were not getting top 3 I would trade it to Winnipeg for Kane

13Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like zacha. I'm not positive if he'd be my first choice yet, but I'd look closely at him.

Crouse too. We need skill up front, so we'll need to pick carefully.

14Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:If were not getting top 3 I would trade it to Winnipeg for Kane

Is that dude mature enough?

15Who do you like in this DRAFT? Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:If were not getting top 3 I would trade it to Winnipeg for Kane

Is that dude mature enough?  

don't care anymore about that stuff, he's a beast

Our rebuild has been a bust. We traded quality players away for nothing (Fisher and Kelly and even Vermette back in the day). These players should have been kept. Mike Fisher is a stud these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum