GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you draft?

+20
Straight Shooter
asq2
ddt
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
sandysensfan
CockRoche
rooneypoo
Oglethorpe
SDH89
Ev
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
spader
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Edmonton took Larsson. We pick next. Who do you take?

Who do you draft? Vote_lcap233%Who do you draft? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 14 ]
Who do you draft? Vote_lcap245%Who do you draft? Vote_rcap2 45% [ 19 ]
Who do you draft? Vote_lcap214%Who do you draft? Vote_rcap2 14% [ 6 ]
Who do you draft? Vote_lcap22%Who do you draft? Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Who do you draft? Vote_lcap25%Who do you draft? Vote_rcap2 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Who do you draft? Empty Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:50 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It's quite clear that we all have our own opinion. I'm curious, who do you take?

Oh, I should mention, I left Larsson off intentionally. Assume we pick second and he's gone (most likely scenario).

2Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:56 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RNH, easy. we need to build for thw future and long term from what i've read so far he's got huge potential.

3Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:16 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Landeskog for me. He's the most NHL ready and has all the atributes in terms of two way play and being a real character guy that can play in all situations.

Sure, as many have said, his ceiling, in terms of potential isn't as high as RNH but I'll take a bird in hand over two in the bush.

4Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Landeskog for me. He's the most NHL ready and has all the atributes in terms of two way play and being a real character guy that can play in all situations.

Sure, as many have said, his ceiling, in terms of potential isn't as high as RNH but I'll take a bird in hand over two in the bush.

Here's an off-the-board pick, though. Let's say we get the 1st overall. Trade that to Edmonton for a top prospect and their 1st (as already suggested in another thread), then trade Edmonton's pick to whoever is picking 9-10 for another prospect, and take Seth Ambroz -- 6'3", 208 lbs power forward playing in the USHL (Omaha).

6'3" and 208 lbs in highschool, loves to hit and has some skill. A power-forward who shoots right. He will take a few years to develop, so at leas one of the two prospects has to be NHL-ready. Fill the rest of the roster (forwards) with free agents.

5Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm a little worried about the off the board pick concept since Brian Lee was an off the board pick at number 9. Ahhhhh!

6Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm a little worried about the off the board pick concept since Brian Lee was an off the board pick at number 9. Ahhhhh!

It's not completely off the boards. The Scouting Report has Ambroz ranked 9th; that same report has Landeskog at #6. I've really been re-thinking Landeskog in light of his supporting cast. How much of his success is on him and not around him?

7Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shane Prince! Ahhhhh!

8Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I'll be happy with any of the big 3 forwards, however I'm leaning towards RNH, with Lando trailing slightly.

Another good question, who do you guys like in the Nashville pick range? Puempel is one guy that's caught my eye, but he's probably one of the only guys I've seen in that range.

@ BigEv, I agree, it would also be great if Prince were available with our pick in the second round. It would give us a nice trio of forward prospects.

9Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd still like to see us package the Nashville first in order to move up the draft. That's not totally unheard of either right?

10Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:13 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I chose Couturier. Size wins out over RNH.

11Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I can honestly see size being a factor, not so much in the minds of our scouts, etc., but in the eyes of someone like Melnyk. If the goal is to pick someone who can step into the lineup immediately (to help get fans excited about this team again & to help sell more tickets), then Couturier & Landeskog make more sense than Nugent-Hopkins.

I'm not saying I agree with that thought-process. What I'm saying is that Melnyk is a guy who wants to win and to sell tickets, and who seems to put his oar in on a rather frequent basis. I'm not sure if he, or the city, has the patience to go through a long rebuild.

12Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:I can honestly see size being a factor, not so much in the minds of our scouts, etc., but in the eyes of someone like Melnyk. If the goal is to pick someone who can step into the lineup immediately (to help get fans excited about this team again & to help sell more tickets), then Couturier & Landeskog make more sense than Nugent-Hopkins.

I'm not saying I agree with that thought-process. What I'm saying is that Melnyk is a guy who wants to win and to sell tickets, and who seems to put his oar in on a rather frequent basis. I'm not sure if he, or the city, has the patience to go through a long rebuild.

That's how I see it as well. Weird eh? Seriously though I believe that Melnyk wants to make this first round pick the focus of the re-build marketing campaign. Almost like the where's Stamkos Ads that Tampa ran before they drafted him. A guy that can potentially step in next season is an easier sell than someone like RNH who could potentially be better in a few seasons but perhaps not.

13Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:13 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I don't. Murray hopefully does.

Haha.

14Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Presently a dead heat between the big 3. Not exactly as enlightening a poll as I'd hoped. Dammit!

15Who do you draft? Empty Re: Who do you draft? Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Landeskog for me. He's the most NHL ready and has all the atributes in terms of two way play and being a real character guy that can play in all situations.

Here's an off-the-board pick, though. Let's say we get the 1st overall. Trade that to Edmonton for a top prospect and their 1st (as already suggested in another thread), then trade Edmonton's pick to whoever is picking 9-10 for another prospect, and take Seth Ambroz -- 6'3", 208 lbs power forward playing in the USHL (Omaha).

6'3" and 208 lbs in highschool, loves to hit and has some skill. A power-forward who shoots right. He will take a few years to develop, so at leas one of the two prospects has to be NHL-ready. Fill the rest of the roster (forwards) with free agents.

Do you think Ambroz could fall to where the Sens draft with the Nashville pick? Don't know much about any other players in the draft other than the top 5. But also if the Sens by some miracle could pick up another 1st round pick with maybe dealing Gonchar... then that would be 3 picks in the 1st round which would be huge irregardless as to where they draft. Then the 2nd round pick will be the 32 pick overall. This could be the most important draft in Sens history as to adding 4 top picks to the stable of prospects they already have. Where is Ambroz ranked by the 'experts'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum