GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you draft?

+20
Straight Shooter
asq2
ddt
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
shabbs
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
sandysensfan
CockRoche
rooneypoo
Oglethorpe
SDH89
Ev
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
spader
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Edmonton took Larsson. We pick next. Who do you take?

Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_lcap233%Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 14 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_lcap245%Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 19 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_lcap214%Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 6 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_lcap22%Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_lcap25%Who do you draft? - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:37 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Could Monahan grow into that top-line center we'll need in 3-4 years?  

Monahan is a border line franchise player... could be a legit #1 center for a long, long time.  Worth giving up something good for a player like that.

Then sign me up.

137Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:42 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But then I look at Barkov. Same height but adds 20 lbs, and has been playing in a men's league, so likely NHL ready.

But then I wonder where Barkov would play, with Spezza, Turris, Zibanejad, Smith, Pageau already in the lineup. Sure, one of those could be part of the deal to move up, but there's still a logjam at center.

So Monahan it is. Now, what would it take to move up to 5th?

138Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:51 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

For Carolina to really consider it, it's gonna have to be Silfverberg/17th/Wiercioch ish.

Sens probably won't do it, but I would.

139Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:For Carolina to really consider it, it's gonna have to be Silfverberg/17th/Wiercioch ish.

Too much (IMO). Also, we would need to move a center to clear some room. Zibanejad and 17th; Zibby is a top-6 and 2 years closer, and they have no need for Wiercioch.

140Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:For Carolina to really consider it, it's gonna have to be Silfverberg/17th/Wiercioch ish.

Would probably do it.

141Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Too much (IMO).  Also, we would need to move a center to clear some room.  Zibanejad and 17th; Zibby is a top-6 and 2 years closer, and they have no need for Wiercioch.  

They want more prospects so why wouldn't they need Wiercioch? Their D corps is not the greatest.
Also they prob need more wingers than centers.

And yeah, it's probably too much but seriously, with all our prospects the 17th is very redundant.
The time to trade quantity for quality is now.

It's time to get a replacement for Spezza, and as much as I like Zibanejad and Turris, they are not gonna become N1 centers.

142Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rather have Lindholm over Monahan and this coming from a guy who says we need more Canadians on the roster.

143Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree it's time to plan for Spezza's retirement, and a 1LC takes a few years to develop, even if drafted in the top 5.

As for Carolina not needing centers, I think the Staals would do bette rplaying together, and I'm not sure Skinner is a 2LC; might be better as a winger as well. Plus it's not like Zibby has it in his contract to play C. It's just to clear the logjam a little.

144Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Rather have Lindholm over Monahan and this coming from a guy who says we need more Canadians on the roster.

I think in the playoffs the intangibles that Canadians bring are too important and right now we don't have that kind of player. Bergeron, Toews, Lucic, Mike Richards etc.

And I love my swedes but it's becoming science at this point.

145Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, if we don't pick a Canadian here I will be disappointed for a couple of hours.

146Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You probably won't ever be able to draft a guy like Monahan at #5 for probably close to a decade... the top 5 forward in the draft is probably better than any previous draft i have seen.  Silfverberg, Weircioch, and that 17th pick will never be franchise players... Monahan may very well be and could step in for Spezza when his time is done as a #1 center.

This is a good year to make a move.  Fact is you won't be burnt by making a move like that in the long run or short run. The top end of that deal would be Monahan becoming one of the best players in the NHL.

147Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

How about Zibanajad Weircioch #17 and next years 1st for Skinner and #5

148Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:How about Zibanajad Weircioch #17 and next years 1st for Skinner and #5

Carolina won't do it. That would be too good to be true.
You're talking about a perennial 30 goal scorer and a future 1st liner for Zibanejad and secondary players.

149Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oglethorpe wrote:How about Zibanajad Weircioch #17 and next years 1st for Skinner and #5

Won't happen.

Sens are after Monahan, simple as that.

150Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:

You're talking about a perennial 30 goal scorer and a future 1st liner for Zibanejad and secondary players.
Carolina is up against the cap. They need to move some salary.

151Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:

Who is the perennial 30 goal scorer in this scenario? Skinner had 31 in his first year and 20 in his second and 13 last season. Extrapolate the 2nd/3rd season numbers over 82 games still gets you 25, not 30.

152Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Skinner sucks. Overpaid, injury prone and a diver.

Not worth his contract.

153Who do you draft? - Page 10 Empty Re: Who do you draft? Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Skinner sucks.  Overpaid, injury prone and a diver.

Not worth his contract.
And he would be our 2nd best winger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum