GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you like in this DRAFT?

+6
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Oglethorpe
NEELY
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like zacha. I'm not positive if he'd be my first choice yet, but I'd look closely at him.

Crouse too. We need skill up front, so we'll need to pick carefully.

17Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:If were not getting top 3 I would trade it to Winnipeg for Kane

Is that dude mature enough?

18Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

don't care anymore about that stuff, he's a beast

Our rebuild has been a bust. We traded quality players away for nothing (Fisher and Kelly and even Vermette back in the day). These players should have been kept. Mike Fisher is a stud these days.

19Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Fisher deal ended up landing Ryan with Noesen and Vermette landed Lehner... whether they were pieces directly involved in the first trades or not, those trades still ended up giving the Sens assets to land two fairly big pieces to the Sens long term.

The rebuild was on but they made the playoffs by accident and everyone's expectations went sky high along with Spezza having his career year somewhere in there. The rebuild is 100% on now, the team doesn't have the offensive stars up front in Alfie and Spezza anymore.

Ottawa's blueline has been completely rebuilt and now all they need is time. Goaltending seems to be solid for the next 4, 5 years. Up front there are some question marks and they need some more scoring but the depth is there along with some character and size.

Sens just need to move out some dead weight as best they can and prep for next year.

20Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:

As compared to an 18-year-old we'd be getting from the draft?

21Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:51 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

You just typed what I was thinking. Well, I had a nice run. Goodbye cruel world.

22Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

You just typed what I was thinking. Well, I had a nice run. Goodbye cruel world.

When you start syncing up with WP Rager...yeah...adios SSF.

23Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:10 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

I'd love to see Kane in a Sens jersey. As I picture it, he's skating around the Canadian Cortiabankadium with stacks of cash in his ear, potting 30 a season and making life Hell for every opposing player. RocknRoll

24Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Yes. Age has nothing to do with maturity. Kane is a little arsehole sometimes

25Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure the Jets are so eager to part with him these days. Maybe in the off-season if they get back decent roster players. I don't see them trading Kane away just for futures.

Now, if we could work something out for Bogosian....

Edit: Wait, just saw Bogosian is a RD...not what we need damnit.

26Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not sure the Jets are so eager to part with him these days.  Maybe in the off-season if they get back decent roster players.  I don't see them trading Kane away just for futures.

Now, if we could work something out for Bogosian....

Edit: Wait, just saw Bogosian is a RD...not what we need damnit.

There's no way they move him now when they are about to make the playoffs. They will want to see how he does in the post-season before giving up.

27Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:29 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As it stands we'd be drafting 7 overall if the season ended today. Now we can still go up or down. If murray makes a big move he could improve us. At this point he might be better off to wait till the draft to do that. Start looking to move some of the vets.

28Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With the way we're going it looks like we may get one of strome Marner or Crouse for sure.

If we don't draft an ontario boy I will be furious

29Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:With the way we're going it looks like we may get one of strome Marner or Crouse for sure.

OK Grapes.

30Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zacha, crouse. Lots of options

31Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hey we might just be able to draft 3rd or fourth overall if we continue to free fall.

32Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:With the way we're going it looks like we may get one of strome Marner or Crouse for sure.

OK Grapes.

Grapes loves OHL guys whether they're canadian, american or russians.

Ev is pretty much an Ontario racist Sarcasm

33Who do you like in this DRAFT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you like in this DRAFT? Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:22 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:hey we might just be able to draft  3rd or fourth overall if we continue to free fall.

The inevitable 10 straight useless wins in March will sabotage Tank nation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum