GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby B

+9
TheAvatar
dawg's wife
Hoags
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
PTFlea
wprager
spader
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:29 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Butler dress for two games last year.

Yeah, I believe so. He had one, for sure.

32Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Two games last season. Nothing to show for them, but I think he played on the third line.

33Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dawg's wife wrote:All in all he was good, threw his body around and used his speed to help generate chances.
Welcome back DW!

34Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't stop thinking about how refreshing it was to have a rookie in there whose so hungry to play the game. He was all over loose pucks, he was forechecking like crazy, he's got great skills when he gets the puck. This is the kind of youthful infusion this team needs.

Soon O'Brien will get his first taste - and he'll bring a similar intensity. Z.Smith as well and the wildcard of them all is Colin Greening.

This is a time where Murray has options if there are injuries - which there are: to Mike Fisher and Daniel Alfredsson - they're just too stubborn to sit.

Bobby Butler is what this team needs, speed, youth, hunger, drive and a renewed sense of drive.

35Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:17 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think they're honestly going to wait till the sens at least get to .500 before they start sitting Alfie and Fisher out. And I wouldn't be surprised if Gonchar is battling an injury too, he's been god-awful lately

36Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I think they're honestly going to wait till the sens at least get to .500 before they start sitting Alfie and Fisher out. And I wouldn't be surprised if Gonchar is battling an injury too, he's been god-awful lately

Oh yeah, the Gonch has been brutal lately. I don't know what to say...he's been a train wreck.

37Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Anytime the team's top players start to uncharacteristically suck it's usually due to some undisclosed injury they're playing through.

38Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:05 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:I think they're honestly going to wait till the sens at least get to .500 before they start sitting Alfie and Fisher out. And I wouldn't be surprised if Gonchar is battling an injury too, he's been god-awful lately

Oh yeah, the Gonch has been brutal lately. I don't know what to say...he's been a train wreck.

Yeah, something is bothering Gonch for sure. He was great at the start of the year, putting up a ton of points. Lately he's been ice cold and his skating has been painful to watch - must be a lower body.

39Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I can't stop thinking about how refreshing it was to have a rookie in there whose so hungry to play the game. He was all over loose pucks, he was forechecking like crazy, he's got great skills when he gets the puck. This is the kind of youthful infusion this team needs.

Soon O'Brien will get his first taste - and he'll bring a similar intensity. Z.Smith as well and the wildcard of them all is Colin Greening.

This is a time where Murray has options if there are injuries - which there are: to Mike Fisher and Daniel Alfredsson - they're just too stubborn to sit.

Bobby Butler is what this team needs, speed, youth, hunger, drive and a renewed sense of drive.

A guy that plays on the top line and doesn't register a shot.. no thanks.. and ya, it is important if the guy registers a shot. If he can't hit the net or keeps getting his shots blocked that is a negative against him. Just like the fact Kelly USUALLY misses the net completely.

40Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He did direct at least a couple of shot to the net. He had little left in the tank after the 1st period, since this was his third game in as many days. And if a sniper doesn't get shots on goal, maybe something can be said about his set-up man?

41Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:A guy that plays on the top line and doesn't register a shot.. no thanks.. and ya, it is important if the guy registers a shot. If he can't hit the net or keeps getting his shots blocked that is a negative against him. Just like the fact Kelly USUALLY misses the net completely.

He created a lot with his skill and speed. This isn't Chris Kelly, this is a highly skilled kid who leads an entire league in scoring and has been touted as having the best release in the AHL. We saw why last night when he took a pass on his off-wing, his backhand no less and missed by a 1/2 an inch.

42Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:49 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:A guy that plays on the top line and doesn't register a shot.. no thanks.. and ya, it is important if the guy registers a shot. If he can't hit the net or keeps getting his shots blocked that is a negative against him. Just like the fact Kelly USUALLY misses the net completely.

He created a lot with his skill and speed. This isn't Chris Kelly, this is a highly skilled kid who leads an entire league in scoring and has been touted as having the best release in the AHL. We saw why last night when he took a pass on his off-wing, his backhand no less and missed by a 1/2 an inch.

It's only one game in.. too early to make assumptions either way.

Brad Richards for Kovalev + would be nice.

43Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:It's only one game in.. too early to make assumptions either way.

Definitely too early, I agree, but he's got the skills and this was his 3rd game in 3 nights (dumb, dumb, dumb). I think he'll fit in nicely with the Sens.

What's the '+' in that DD? Wiercioch + 1st?

44Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From Joy Lindsay - one of the best beat writers in all of hockey IMO.

Kleinendorst said he sees new top line as Z. Smith-Locke-Condra, but that could change. Doesn't expect Butler back soon, if ever.

He said it wasn't an emergency recall and that Butler looked really comfortable last night, so he's not counting on anything.

45Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:It's only one game in.. too early to make assumptions either way.

Definitely too early, I agree, but he's got the skills and this was his 3rd game in 3 nights (dumb, dumb, dumb). I think he'll fit in nicely with the Sens.

What's the '+' in that DD? Wiercioch + 1st?

I'm not certain, but I think I like the 3 in 3. You want to play with the big boys? Show us you still have the legs to keep up on your 3rd game in 3 nights. Pressure is on.
IMO, he showed that he belongs, at the very least, that he deserves a good look. I'm excited.

46Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:From Joy Lindsay - one of the best beat writers in all of hockey IMO.

Kleinendorst said he sees new top line as Z. Smith-Locke-Condra, but that could change. Doesn't expect Butler back soon, if ever.

He said it wasn't an emergency recall and that Butler looked really comfortable last night, so he's not counting on anything.

I'm willing to bet that Butler WILL be sent back down....be it 10 games later till they keep alternating, or when the top 6 recover from their injuries. But all the power to him if he doesn't get sent back down.

47Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
dawg's wife wrote:
Big Ev wrote:He had 0 SOG...

Really, do you say anything positive?

No, he doesn't. Welcome back DW!

That wasn't being negative...I thought he had a good 1st but the fact was he registered 0 SOG.

This team is so good, we're going to win the Cup. That better?

48Bobby B - Page 3 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
I'm not certain, but I think I like the 3 in 3. You want to play with the big boys? Show us you still have the legs to keep up on your 3rd game in 3 nights. Pressure is on.
IMO, he showed that he belongs, at the very least, that he deserves a good look. I'm excited.

Yeah, I guess that's one way to look at it. I'm excited too, I think he can have an impact.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum