GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby B

+9
TheAvatar
dawg's wife
Hoags
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
PTFlea
wprager
spader
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Predictions? Anyone think BB will have a noteworthy game?

I'd say he's a non-factor after playing 2 games in 2 nights, but he's got the skill to do it.

17Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:02 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Well, he looked great in the first. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch much of the rest of the game. How'd he look?

18Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn't really notice him after the first TBH.

19Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Fair enough. Can't expect too much when he's forced to play 3 in 3. Sure had some jump to open the game though.

20Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I loved Butler out there tonight. I wasn't going to watch tonight until I heard he'd been called up for tonight.

Getting open and even banging his stick for the pass, that's the kind of player we need right now.

Played a good game all around for what I could tell, I heard it was his 3rd game in as many nights.

I hope CC gives him a decent chance, although it's a bit of a dilemma keeping Regin out.

21Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. I just saw the highlights from last night's game. Regin may not have scored, but holy Dung did he ever look good.
I'd love BB to stay up and play in the next game, but who sits?

22Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn, that kid creates chances like crazy. He really pumped them up in the first.

23Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He had 0 SOG...

24Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:He had 0 SOG...

Gotta change that, because he got open and created some really nice chances.

25Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:28 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

Really, do you say anything positive?

I'm a little biased as Dawg knows Butler's father quite well and we've watched him grow up and now playing in the NHL. It was a good night for us, especially now that I'm back in Ottawa for the holidays (ok I know it's still 3 weeks away but what the hell...kids need to be around Grand Parents and Good canadian kids).

Anyway...some things to note. He was playing his off wing, in his first game ever in the nhl, in what was his 3 game in 3 nights.

Yes he had 0 shots on goal, but he had 1 shot that missed and 2 shots blocked both in close which would have registered. Sometimes looking at the box score doesn't do anyone justice, and in this case I will be biased and say for his first game in the NHL, playing on the top line on his off wing in his 3rd game in 3 nights, he was very good. He didn't cost the Sens and in fact was responsible defensively. He played well with Alfie and Spezza, although my biggest criticism of him is that he has to learn to play his position and not stray. Thank god Alfie covered for him and started playing LW for large chunks of the shifts.

All in all he was good, threw his body around and used his speed to help generate chances.

Yep, 0 shots, but he was still better than Kovalev and a handful of others in my opinion.

26Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

dawg's wife wrote:

No, he doesn't. Welcome back DW!

27Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think we saw a glimpse of what Butler can bring. Speed, a willingness to battle and nice skill. He missed by an inch on his backhand against one of the best goalies in the world - and bearing down on his off wing to boot.

If he continues to infuse the Spezza line with speed and skill like he did tonight, he will bulge the twine - and soon.

28Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
dawg's wife wrote:

No, he doesn't. Welcome back DW!

Unless we're talking about the Pittsburgh Penguins Sarcasm

29Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

dawg's wife wrote:

I'm a little biased as Dawg knows Butler's father quite well and we've watched him grow up and now playing in the NHL. It was a good night for us, especially now that I'm back in Ottawa for the holidays (ok I know it's still 3 weeks away but what the hell...kids need to be around Grand Parents and Good canadian kids).

Anyway...some things to note. He was playing his off wing, in his first game ever in the nhl, in what was his 3 game in 3 nights.

Yes he had 0 shots on goal, but he had 1 shot that missed and 2 shots blocked both in close which would have registered. Sometimes looking at the box score doesn't do anyone justice, and in this case I will be biased and say for his first game in the NHL, playing on the top line on his off wing in his 3rd game in 3 nights, he was very good. He didn't cost the Sens and in fact was responsible defensively. He played well with Alfie and Spezza, although my biggest criticism of him is that he has to learn to play his position and not stray. Thank god Alfie covered for him and started playing LW for large chunks of the shifts.

All in all he was good, threw his body around and used his speed to help generate chances.

Yep, 0 shots, but he was still better than Kovalev and a handful of others in my opinion.

Well, he had that one bad play, I thought, where Karlsson pinched in and had his stick break. Butler was the guy behind him but instead of taking stock of what just happened and backing up, he moved in, had the puck chipped around him, and almost saw a Ranger 3 on 1 bury the puck in the back of our net. Potvin kept blaming Karlsson for that play, but Karlsson needed some support behind him when he got caught deep with no stick.

Not trying to slam Butler, because he had a great 1st period I thought, but he's got to be aware of stuff like that or he's not going to have very much time to prove himself (during this call up, anyway).

30Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Butler dress for two games last year.

31Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:29 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Butler dress for two games last year.

Yeah, I believe so. He had one, for sure.

32Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two games last season. Nothing to show for them, but I think he played on the third line.

33Bobby B - Page 2 Empty Re: Bobby B Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dawg's wife wrote:All in all he was good, threw his body around and used his speed to help generate chances.
Welcome back DW!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum