GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 35]

256Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

257Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:All of our guys suck, I want a new toy to play with.

You're gonna love Nugent-Hopkins

258Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:22 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

No deal; I'm holding out for the real stuff.

Last edited by TheAvatar on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

259Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:All of our guys suck, I want a new toy to play with.

You're gonna love Nugent-Hopkins

Oh yeah.

260Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tim Murray on the Team just now:

"We've been trying to make trades. Minor trades, major trades, it's just not happening right now."

261Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Tim Murray on the Team just now:

"We've been trying to make trades. Minor trades, major trades, it's just not happening right now."

It's the same story with every team. It's pretty much impossible to make trades with the salary cap right now.

If not Butler, call up Locke, Wick, Hoffman ... whatever, that's the only way you're getting new faces into the lineup until the deadline.

262Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Tim Murray on the Team just now:

Minor trades: Lee for a pick

Major trades: Lee and Foligno for a Top 6 forward

Laugh1

In other words, they're not trying hard enough. Dancing

263Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:36 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Easy to say

264Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Easy to say

It sure is. DancingBanana

265Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not too difficult to type either.

- Unknown Author

266Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

267Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I dsiagree.

268Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I dsiagree.

Suorce?

- Unknown Author

269Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Swirl-ominos!!!!

Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 1213321040sW8b1M

270Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Swirl-ominos!!!!

Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 1213321040sW8b1M

And it comes full circle. cheers

- Unknown Author

271Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laugh1

Curious as to this statement I asked someone who is in the NHL whether Lee and Foligno would gather a top 6 forward. The answer quite quickly was NO!.

Simply put, many sens fans over evaluate the players on this team and have way too high an expectation on return. Add to that the person I talked to asked even if a team were to trade a top 6 forward to Ottawa for Lee and Foligno, how would Ottawa handle the added cap. Lee + Foligno = 2 million, and assuming a top 6 makes 4 million there is no way to fit that player under the cap.

Ottawa's best bet in my opinion (and only mine) is to hope they can trade Kovalev and pick or picks to a team like Edmonton. Clearing cap room so they can make deals. Kovalev is on his last year of a deal so a team with cap room can take him without long term implications and get some picks for their trouble. Ottawa clears cap room to make the deal they want or need to make.

DW

272Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My suggestion was Kovalev, Foligno + 3rd for Brad Boyes.

273Ottawa trade rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

dawg's wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laugh1

Curious as to this statement I asked someone who is in the NHL whether Lee and Foligno would gather a top 6 forward. The answer quite quickly was NO!.

DW

DW.

I think that was SSF's point when he said that they weren't trying hard enough because that was not a deal that can realisticallly be done ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum