GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 35]

241Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Speaking of lazy, what are the latest "Ottawa trade rumours?"

Obviously with the lack of movement, the Sens organization must feel that this team is A-OK. Good news for all, status quo!! ThumbsUp

Ahhhhh yeeeaahhhh!!! Dancing

242Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:51 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously though, who the hell needs scoring? It's overrated.

243Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Seriously though, who the hell needs scoring? It's overrated.

Your desire for a reasonable improvement smacks of panic. I will remind you 1 month hence of my calm stance in the face of adversity. Besides, it's still early. Dancing

244Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

"It's still early" is my favourite of all the excuses.

245Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:"It's still early" is my favourite of all the excuses.

Cheers

HighFive

246Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Good ol' Bruce chimed in:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/08/16479111.html

It’s slim pickings in Bryan Murray’s search to add a scoring winger.

And if the Senators GM can’t find the scorer he’s looking for, his only viable option may be to get the guys he has here going.

While Alex Frolov of the Rangers is a possibility after he spoke out to a Russian reporter about his lack of ice time under coach John Tortorella, New York GM Glen Sather hasn’t been offering him around.

The two wingers who are available: Boston’s Marco Sturm and Tampa’s Simon Gagne

Peter Schaefer Surre

247Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'll take Gagne right here, right now. He's a better scorer than any of our wingers, save Alfie (and that's also debatable).

248Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, I want Malone. Bring me Ryan Malone, Martin Havlat and Brad Boyes and no one will get hurt. Smile

249Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:No, I want Malone. Bring me Ryan Malone, Martin Havlat and Brad Boyes and no one will get hurt. Smile

Those are all realistic acquisitions, only you'd be looking at picks or prospects moving out to get those returns. No matter what fans hope or think, the Senators will NEVER be a blow up and rebuild team. They want to sell seats through winning and getting into the playoffs year after year. I believe adding those 3 guys, or something similar would tranform the team for the better on the fly.

250Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I'll take Gagne right here, right now. He's a better scorer than any of our wingers, save Alfie (and that's also debatable).

Gagne won't score many goals from the IR, he's not exactly lighting it up in TB this year.

If that's what is really available then I don't think there's any real trade to be made. We don't have the cap space anyway, not that I think one trade will fix our problems.

251Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Those are all realistic acquisitions, only you'd be looking at picks or prospects moving out to get those returns. No matter what fans hope or think, the Senators will NEVER be a blow up and rebuild team. They want to sell seats through winning and getting into the playoffs year after year. I believe adding those 3 guys, or something similar would tranform the team for the better on the fly.

All I'd really like to see is a GM with some vision and creativity where he looks through rosters, sees the teams that are gonna be humping the cap in the off-season and lays some groundwork now.

There will be issues along the way, like is Martin Havlat's relationship repaired in Minny? Will they ask for a 1st rounder? Will the Lightning try to cut costs and keep Malone? Will St.Louis be too scared to move Boyes? But there will always be players who pop up as available, you have to make sure (as GM) that you're at least aware.

Add Ville Leino to the list. He's a pending RFA and the Flyers are so tight to the cap, he might be the first one to be moved.

252Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Gagne won't score many goals from the IR, he's not exactly lighting it up in TB this year.

If that's what is really available then I don't think there's any real trade to be made. We don't have the cap space anyway, not that I think one trade will fix our problems.

He's just back and he just scored an OT winning goal giving him 5 points in 10 games. Not optimum, but remember he went 0 points for his first 7 games while he tried to battle through his injury.

If he was signed for more than this year, it would be a hell no, but he's not. Problem is, we don't have any cap room.

253Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:

He's just back and he just scored an OT winning goal giving him 5 points in 10 games. Not optimum, but remember he went 0 points for his first 7 games while he tried to battle through his injury.

If he was signed for more than this year, it would be a hell no, but he's not. Problem is, we don't have any cap room.

"Not optimum" is a BIG improvement on most of our Top 6 right now. Laugh1

254Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, I'll take Gagne right here, right now. He's a better scorer than any of our wingers, save Alfie (and that's also debatable).

I don't want any more overpaid injury prone players in our top 6, we have more than enough.

255Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

All of our guys suck, I want a new toy to play with.

256Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

257Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:All of our guys suck, I want a new toy to play with.

You're gonna love Nugent-Hopkins

258Ottawa trade rumours - Page 17 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:22 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

No deal; I'm holding out for the real stuff.

Last edited by TheAvatar on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum