GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa trade rumours

+28
dawg's wife
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
garblar
TheAvatar
spader
Hoags
asq2
rooneypoo
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
shabbs
The Silfer Server
Sens4thecup
cash
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
CockRoche
SDH89
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 35]

271Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 pm

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Minor trades: Lee for a pick

Major trades: Lee and Foligno for a Top 6 forward

Laugh1

In other words, they're not trying hard enough. Dancing

Curious as to this statement I asked someone who is in the NHL whether Lee and Foligno would gather a top 6 forward. The answer quite quickly was NO!.

Simply put, many sens fans over evaluate the players on this team and have way too high an expectation on return. Add to that the person I talked to asked even if a team were to trade a top 6 forward to Ottawa for Lee and Foligno, how would Ottawa handle the added cap. Lee + Foligno = 2 million, and assuming a top 6 makes 4 million there is no way to fit that player under the cap.

Ottawa's best bet in my opinion (and only mine) is to hope they can trade Kovalev and pick or picks to a team like Edmonton. Clearing cap room so they can make deals. Kovalev is on his last year of a deal so a team with cap room can take him without long term implications and get some picks for their trouble. Ottawa clears cap room to make the deal they want or need to make.

DW

272Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:33 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My suggestion was Kovalev, Foligno + 3rd for Brad Boyes.

273Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

dawg's wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Minor trades: Lee for a pick

Major trades: Lee and Foligno for a Top 6 forward

Laugh1

In other words, they're not trying hard enough. Dancing

Curious as to this statement I asked someone who is in the NHL whether Lee and Foligno would gather a top 6 forward. The answer quite quickly was NO!.

DW

DW.

I think that was SSF's point when he said that they weren't trying hard enough because that was not a deal that can realisticallly be done ...

274Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

WOOOOOOAAAhhh!!!!
wait a minute!! la belle province poutine is not "the real poutine" it actually taste like crap. they put BBQ sauce in it, not the real brown gravy. for that matter, the best poutine i ever had was in Nakina, northern Ontario. a mountain of cheeze curds over very nice crispy fires.

275Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The best poutines are in Hull, in those small restaurants that look like crap.

276Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:The best poutines are in Hull, in those small restaurants that look like crap.
"la pataterie hulloise"

277Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

marakh wrote:The best poutines are in Hull, in those small restaurants that look like crap.
Elgin Street Diner has one hella good poutine... especially at 3am... when yer all boozed up good...

Wink

278Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, wait, wait! You're all saying it wrong. It's not poutine; it's poutine.

(Anglos who have attempted to order a poutine in Quebec will know what I mean.)

279Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Elgin Street Diner has one hella good poutine... especially at 3am... when yer all boozed up good...

Wink

I find the best tasting food in those circumstances is the food that's available. Laugh1

- Unknown Author

280Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:18 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Kovalev to the Habs for a poutine. It doesn't even have to been a real poutine from La Belle Province, it can be a Burger King poutine....

= cap relief

WOOOOOOAAAhhh!!!!
wait a minute!! la belle province poutine is not "the real poutine" it actually taste like crap. they put BBQ sauce in it, not the real brown gravy. for that matter, the best poutine i ever had was in Nakina, northern Ontario. a mountain of cheeze curds over very nice crispy fires.

Is it wrong that this post makes me crave poutine at 8am? Nod

281Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sources have suggested a trade involving Poutine. Stay tuned.

- Unknown Author

282Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:53 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

^^More to come? God, I hope so. FingersCrossed

283Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Sources have suggested a trade involving Poutine. Stay tuned.

Montreal are reportedly holding out for a Beaver Tail.

more to come...

284Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:56 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Sources have suggested a trade involving Poutine. Stay tuned.

more to come...

What kind?

285Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:58 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

= cap relief

WOOOOOOAAAhhh!!!!

Anglo Poutine has brown gravy, Quebec Poutine has BBQ gravy. LBP is a product of what's been popular in QC since I was a kid, steamed all dressed hot dogs and poutine WITH BBQ GRAVY. Real Poutine also has curds not mozzarella. The mozzarella effect comes into play around Cornwall.....

Hull is the opposite of Hawkesbury. Hull thinks it's part of Ontario and Hawkesbury thinks it's part of Quebec. If there's any trades to be done, I think it needs to be Hull for Hawkesbury + 2nd round pick.

286Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:00 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

= cap relief

WOOOOOOAAAhhh!!!!

Anglo Poutine has brown gravy, Quebec Poutine has BBQ gravy. LBP is a product of what's been popular in QC since I was a kid, steamed all dressed hot dogs and poutine WITH BBQ GRAVY. Real Poutine also has curds not mozzarella. The mozzarella effect comes into play around Cornwall.....

Hull is the opposite of Hawkesbury. Hull thinks it's part of Ontario and Hawkesbury thinks it's part of Quebec. If there's any trades to be done, I think it needs to be Hull for Hawkesbury + 2nd round pick.

Think Quebec will take Lee in the trade?

287Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:02 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

more to come...

What kind?

The one with "Hazelnut Spread" on it. Ottawa has countered with Cinnamon and Sugar.

more to come...

288Ottawa trade rumours - Page 19 Empty Re: Ottawa trade rumours Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've also been told to watch for a dark horse team offering up a funnel cake from Canada's Wonderland. E4

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum