GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canada's Junior Roster invitees announced

+9
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
Riprock
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Canada typically just doesn't bring 17 year olds to the tournament, so unless Ceci really set himself apart he never had a real shot (and let's be honest, he really didn't set himself a part enough to warrant a change in philosophy as he woulda been the #6 at best).

He's 18 in a week. Murray is only 3 months older. Ceci was one of their better D men art camp, in the summer camp, and during the season;

I'm not saying I wouldn't have picked him, just that I'm not surprised. Murray is on a different level right now though.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Beaulieu beat Murphy out for PP QB so I don't have a problem with him being left off in that respect. Beaulieu is legit.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Beaulieu beat Murphy out for PP QB so I don't have a problem with him being left off in that respect. Beaulieu is legit.

And he's also not a Rightie.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Beaulieu beat Murphy out for PP QB so I don't have a problem with him being left off in that respect. Beaulieu is legit.

not a big deal for the PP IMO

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:

not a big deal for the PP IMO

All the talking heads have been saying that there is only room for one "purely offensive" defenceman on this team, so Bealieu beating out Murphy makes a ton of sense why Murph isn't still there. Hopefully Beaulieu wasn't a by-product of Ceci playing so well.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't consider Beaulieu a purely offensive guy, his shot from the point is not exactly the biggest threat out there. He's a Kaberle, I think the team lacks a Karlsson/Ellis.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

LeKid wrote:I don't consider Beaulieu a purely offensive guy, his shot from the point is not exactly the biggest threat out there. He's a Kaberle, I think the team lacks a Karlsson/Ellis.

I think D.Hamilton is that guy, but it's true that the defence could be viewed as lacking some offensive punch beyond Hamilton and Bealieu (granted I've seen Harrington play about 2-3 times maximum, so he could very well be it from all I know)

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anyways... In general I am not a fan of their philosophy, I've said it when they cut RNH last year because of some size or "do not fit the system" whatever reason. If RNH was there last year the PP would have ripped the tournament appart I'm sure. That's how they won in 2009 in Ottawa, no one could skate with them, too much skill and speed. Since then it seems to me they want to make this team bigger and slower.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mark Stone REPRESENT!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum