GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canada's World Junior Camp Roster has been announced!

+3
BigRig
rooneypoo
smash88
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Here's the link... Should be interesting this year, lots of new faces...

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/58695/la_id/1.htm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:Here's the link... Should be interesting this year, lots of new faces...

Hey! Wiercioch got the invite! I thought he wasn't supposed to... ?

In any event, he's going to have some tough competition. I imagine Cuma, Hickey, Pietrangelo, Subban, and Teubert are all but locks, so that leaves 9 guys vying for 2 spots...

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:
smash88 wrote:Here's the link... Should be interesting this year, lots of new faces...

In any event, he's going to have some tough competition. I imagine Cuma, Hickey, Pietrangelo, Subban, and Teubert are all but locks, so that leaves 9 guys vying for 2 spots...

AWESOME, look who's there on D!
Patrick WierciochL/G6'4"18509/12/90Maple Ridge, BCDenver (WCHA)OTT '08 (2, 42)

Nice to see Wiercioch on there. I'll admit, I thought he was American lol.

Look for Sexsmith to start with Pickard backing him up. Sexsmith is putting up some ridiculous numbers in the Dub this season.

Only 4 returnees but loads of other young talent.

Looking forward to seeing a sick first line of Hodgson - Tavares - Hall.

Should be a great tournament!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Weircioch!!!

Who owns the rights to Tyler Myers or is he in this year's draft? 6' 7.5" and potentially playing 'd' for team Canada. Me likey everything about that!!!

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:Who owns the rights to Tyler Myers or is he in this year's draft? 6' 7.5" and potentially playing 'd' for team Canada. Me likey everything about that!!!

I think Buffalo got him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

When Leeder was on Team 1200 yesterday they specifically asked him about Sens prospects. He mentioned Karlsson and Petersson, and said there was a chance that Wiercioch would be invited, but he was very careful not to say it was a good chance, or that they'd been lobbying the team officials. But they must have been, right?

I didn't think Pietrangelo was doing all that well. I thought his star lost some shine. Plus when the get to camp it's "Show me now" that counts more than reputation. No Spezzas there, right?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

On a related note: I was just watching the NHL network, and they announced that Jim O'Brien will be on Team USA. With Karlsson, that's 3 of our prospects playing at the juniors...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:On a related note: I was just watching the NHL network, and they announced that Jim O'Brien will be on Team USA. With Karlsson, that's 3 of our prospects playing at the juniors...

Someone was saying something about a Petersson on Sweden too? Supposedly he's one of our prospects too.. So if Wiercioch can make it, then we'd have 4!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And Andre Petersson.

rooneypoo wrote:On a related note: I was just watching the NHL network, and they announced that Jim O'Brien will be on Team USA. With Karlsson, that's 3 of our prospects playing at the juniors...
Has the Swedish team been announced?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Four.

-Karlsson (SWE)
-Petersson (SWE)
-O'Brien (US)
-Weircioch (CAN)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung people post quickly here. Smile

smash88

smash88