GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hockey Canada unveils list of invitees to camp

+2
asq2
SensFan71
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=12421.html?cid=rsstsn

The list of invitees for Canada's 2010 Olympic men's hockey team orientation camp features a mix of Olympic veterans and young up-and-comers.
On Thursday, Hockey Canada released a roster of 46 players who have been invited to the camp, including five goaltenders, 16 defencemen and 25 forwards. The camp will run from August 24-27 at the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary.

----------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately that list does include Dany Heatley, that rat bastard, can anyone tell I am bitter over this whole thing? My wife was really scared I was going to fly to BC and make Heatley eat some teeth soup for being a selfish little whiner.

Spezza not on the list eh...

Hopefully that puts things in persepctive for some people when talking about Spezza.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza not on the list eh...

Hopefully that puts things in persepctive for some people when talking about Spezza.

never even noticed that one, I was more alarmed when I noticed Stamkos was left off.

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza not on the list eh...

I'm hoping this offseason is Spezza's wakeup call.
- Coach who actually does practice accountability. He'll tell you if you're not as good as you think you are.

- Left off the Olympic team camp list. They don't think you're as good as you think you are.

- Nobody wants your buddy/linemate. He's not as good as he thinks he is and neither are you.

Now for the first time in you're life Jason, you have to prove everybody wrong. Are you man enough to step up to the challenge? I hope you are.

Yup, this is the biggest year in his career and he doesnt have a full NTC after this year I believe, so he is going to have to really show people they are wrong. He is going to have to show Yzerman, Wang, and the rest of that team, they were wrong.

As much as I bag on him, I thought he would get the invite to the summer camp, but wow, he is further behind then even I thought. If the Sens miss out on the playoffs this year or its a bomb of a year (which it prob will be) then there will be a total blow up in Ottawa.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Spezza says he is going to go out this season and proves he belongs, I am hoping you do bud. I am excited that Lucic and Cleary got an invite, this Canadian team has to be tough to play against, we know the skill will be there no matter what.

Like I said a million times before, it's time for Spezza to just shut up and do it. Talk is cheap.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't see him making the team, but some of the names are significantly worse than Spezza.

Bizarre. Is Yzerman intentionally sending a message to Spezza?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I didn't see him making the team, but some of the names are significantly worse than Spezza.

No kidding. Dan Cleary? Joe Sakic? Derek Roy? Patrick Marleau? Jordan Staal? Especially when they have already invited lots of better two-way forwards like Carter, Getzlaf, Perry and Morrow.

I knew he'd be in tough to make the team being a center and all, but come on, Dan Cleary over Spezza? That's a joke right?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I didn't see him making the team, but some of the names are significantly worse than Spezza.

I think that may be the case, not sure why, but is the only thing that makes any logical sense, let's hope he reacts the right way and not just talk about it all.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't read too much into this. No Steven Stamkos. No Marc Savard either. Guess he's not elite either, eh?

It's a question of team needs as much as the player's skill: you only need 3 offensive centremen, at the most, after all. There's no question Spezza takes a backseat to guys like Crosby and Thornton. But why you'd take Andy McDonald over Spezza or Savard is more than puzzling.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They are going by "what have you done (for me) lately". Spezza was the first-line center on a team that went from the SCF to missing the playoffs in two years.

I wonder who invited Heatley. Doubt that Babcock wants someone who doesn't listen to the coach.

rooneypoo wrote:I wouldn't read too much into this. No Steven Stamkos. No Marc Savard either. Guess he's not elite either, eh?

It's a question of team needs as much as the player's skill: you only need 3 offensive centremen, at the most, after all. There's no question Spezza takes a backseat to guys like Crosby and Thornton. But why you'd take Andy McDonald over Spezza or Savard is more than puzzling.

Not really, to me anyways. He is a responsible center who is a PPG player for the most part who is a better all around player then both of those guys. I've been blowing McDonalds horn for a long time saying that he might be the most under rated player in the league.

The Wings being in the same division has him knows exactly how good of a player that guy is. One of the best centers in the game, its good he got a little recognition.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Meh. I like him, but I don't think he's anything too special. Useful guy, but not a true #1 centre. Great #2 centre.

Anyway, with Crosby, Thornton, and Lecavalier ahead of him as offensive centremen, McDonald won't make this team. Not unless they start making centres play wing, which they normally don't do.

It not his fault, or Spezza's or Savard's or Stamkos's. There's only room for 3 big offensive centreman on this team, with maybe one spare. No one will deny that it ought to be ahead of those guys.

Sakic got the invite, too. He's got the leg up on all those guys just because of who he is and what he's done.

rooneypoo wrote:Meh. I like him, but I don't think he's anything too special. Useful guy, but not a true #1 centre. Great #2 centre.

Anyway, with Crosby, Thornton, and Lecavalier ahead of him as offensive centremen, McDonald won't make this team. Not unless they start making centres play wing, which they normally don't do.

It not his fault, or Spezza's or Savard's or Stamkos's. There's only room for 3 big offensive centreman on this team, with maybe one spare. No one will deny that it ought to be ahead of those guys.

Sakic got the invite, too. He's got the leg up on all those guys just because of who he is and what he's done.

The guy won a cup and a number 1 center. I dont know what to tell you at this point. He is the number 1 center in St Louis, a playoff team. When McDOnald came back from injury this past year St Louis took off and made an unreal run into 6th spot.

Stamkos has tons of time so there is really no issue there, but Spezza and Savard were left on that list for a reason. Spezza was closer to making the team in 2006 then he is in 2010.

ANyways, McDOnald is very much a number 1 center. If he played in a hockey hot bed he wouldnt fly so low under the radar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum