GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canada's Junior Roster invitees announced

+9
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
Riprock
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=345501

List of scratches for tonights game vs. CIS All-Stars. Most of the names mentioned, i.e. Ellis and Cowen, are scratched because they are locks to make the team, as per Dave Cameron.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

TSN video Feature on Cowen.

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip389480

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

I'm suprised Hishon was cut so early.

When are the final cuts anyways? Tomorrow?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=345561

Final cuts announced:

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Red Deer), Ryan Murphy (Kitchener), Ryan Murray (Everett), Brandon Pirri, Michael Bournival (Shawinigan ), Riley Sheahen (Notre Dame), Mark Pysyk (Edmonton), JP Anderson (Mississauga) and Calvin Pickard.

Final Roster is made up of:

GOALIES: Olivier Roy, Mark Visentin

DEFENCE: Jared Cowen, Calvin de Haan and Ryan Ellis along with Dylan Olsen, Simon Despres, Tyson Barrie and Erik Gudbranson.

FORWARDS: Brayden Schenn leads a baker's dozen that includes Carter Ashton, Casey Cizikas, Brett Connolly, Cody Eakin, Marcus Foligno, Curtis Hamilton, Quinton Howden, Ryan Johansen, Zack Kassian, Louis Leblanc, Jaden Schwartz and 18-year-old Sean Couturier.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm really excited to see if Cowen can dominate here. This is as close as he's gonna get to NHL level action this season so it should be a really good test. Hopefully there aren't any questions about how he was coached this year.

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Any lineup predictions?

Schwartz - Schenn - Connolly
Couturier - Leblanc - Eakin
Ashton - Johansen - Kassian
Hamilton - Cizikas - Howden
Foligno

Cowen - Olsen
Ellis - Despres
DeHaan - Barrie
Gundbranson

Vinsentin
Roy

Top 5 players Stempy will be watching:

1. Jared Cowen: For very obvious reasons
2. Jaden Shwartz: Rumoured the Sens were interested, great vision
3. Couturier: We keep this up and we could be within range
4. Olsen: Just the type of D I love, great playing style
5. Cizikas: Expected to be much more highly touted as a youngster, coming around nicely

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

But Cizikas did have a lot of demons his draft year - very tough thing to go through for him and his family, very hard to get over something like that.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Also I think Cowen and Ellis will be a pairing - great mix of size and speed and offensive-defensive minds.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

But Cizikas did have a lot of demons his draft year - very tough thing to go through for him and his family, very hard to get over something like that.

Oh for sure, I don't blame the kid at all. Just glad to see that he has rebounded in a big way when people didn't expect it.

Also I think Cowen and Ellis will be a pairing - great mix of size and speed and offensive-defensive minds.

I would prefer if Cowen got the chance to show off a little bit of his newly developed offensive game next to a shutdown guy. Ellis is definitely one heck of a great player though and would be a great player to have beside Cowen.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ellis is the go to guy on that team, and de Haan will be too. Cowen is probably the 3rd guy in there that is seen as the veteran. Pairing him with Ellis, who is guaranteed to play top minutes, means top mins for Cowen.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not a big Ellis fan. I mean, he's got great offensive instincts and all that, but he creates as many chances against as for. I remember me and my brother being really, really unhappy with a lot of decisions that guy made in the last two tournaments. *bro runs for beer* Me: "Giveaway." Him: "Ellis?" Me: "Yep." Him: "Figures." I feel like we've had that talk about 5 times a game.

That said, a Cowen/Ellis pairing would be fantastic news for Cowen and for the team. Ellis will play top minutes for sure.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

For those who are unaware, you can probably find out what we are talking about re: Cizikas if you google Cizikas + rugby, or I can PM you... but I don't want to rehash it as it is unfair to Cizikas, and I think it was illegal for the US to even bring it up when they did.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did they name the captain? I heard it would be Ellis.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I heard Schenn may be a candidate as well.

Would love if Cowen got a letter this year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:For those who are unaware, you can probably find out what we are talking about re: Cizikas if you google Cizikas + rugby, or I can PM you... but I don't want to rehash it as it is unfair to Cizikas, and I think it was illegal for the US to even bring it up when they did.

That's terrible for everyone involved. Terrible. I feel as badly for this kid Cizikas as anyone else (except the parents of the deceased), he must have been devastated.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Team Canada cuts: Brenden Kichton, Jerome Gauthier-Leduc , Mathew Dumba, Max Reinhart, Mark McNeill, Michael Ferland, Zack Phillips.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Stone scored for Team Red who won 2-1. Also scored in the post-game shootout.

Brett Connolly injured Quinton Howden with a questionable hit that is getting him a lot of flack from teammates, coaches and media. May jeopardize not only his shot at the team but Howden's as well due to injury.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Howden being treated for "concussion-like symptoms" Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum