GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canada's Junior Roster invitees announced

+9
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
Riprock
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Kind of surprised Murray made it over Murphy, but Murray is a more complete player.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:Very conservative from Team Canada. The camp is a joke, the team is picked before it even begins AFAIC. Tanner Pearson over Danault and Thomas is ridiculous. Just pick the most talented players already, forget about the Cussing system or whatever, it's just a 2 week tournament.

Book 'em Danault.

Canada's Junior Roster invitees announced - Page 4 Jack_l11

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKid wrote:Very conservative from Team Canada. The camp is a joke, the team is picked before it even begins AFAIC. Tanner Pearson over Danault and Thomas is ridiculous. Just pick the most talented players already, forget about the Cussing system or whatever, it's just a 2 week tournament.

Hence why Pearson as picked, for the strong year he has had.

Picking players off a 2-3 game camp doesn't make much sense to me.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Team Canada D are Gormley, D Hamilton, Murray, Pysyk, Harrington, Oleksiak, Beaulieu.

That's a guy who has no business being on the team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jaden Schwartz expected to be named Captain.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why wouldn't or shouldn't Oleksiak be on the team? That's a dumb thing to say (Filatov said I could say that).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Why wouldn't or shouldn't Oleksiak be on the team? That's a dumb thing to say (Filatov said I could say that).

Oleksiak has played below average for the whole season, and was again bad at the camp. He is big but raw. Only reason he is on this team is because he decided to go to Canada's camp instead of the U.S.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:Why wouldn't or shouldn't Oleksiak be on the team? That's a dumb thing to say (Filatov said I could say that).

Oleksiak has played below average for the whole season, and was again bad at the camp. He is big but raw. Only reason he is on this team is because he decided to go to Canada's camp instead of the U.S.

That doesn't make any sense, and is clearly BS.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Makes a ton of sense, actually. Political moves happen all the time in hockey.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How is it a political move? Is the message, "If you show Canada loyalty, you'll automatically get on the team?"

Please.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:How is it a political move? Is the message, "If you show Canada loyalty, you'll automatically get on the team?"

Please.

No but if you cut him it's a good way to ensure a guy like Tyler Myers always picks the U.S. You can choose to believe it or not (I'm not saying whether I do or don't) but it could absolutely be a political. Like I said, it happens all the time in hockey.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Believe what you want, but it's true. He chose Canada, so they are rewarding him now so he doesn't bail on them in the future. It was part of their agreement according to some sources. There's no other explanation for an average d-man being on this team over Murphy, or Ceci, who both outplayed him.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Canada typically just doesn't bring 17 year olds to the tournament, so unless Ceci really set himself apart he never had a real shot (and let's be honest, he really didn't set himself a part enough to warrant a change in philosophy as he woulda been the #6 at best).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:Canada typically just doesn't bring 17 year olds to the tournament, so unless Ceci really set himself apart he never had a real shot (and let's be honest, he really didn't set himself a part enough to warrant a change in philosophy as he woulda been the #6 at best).

He's 18 in a week. Murray is only 3 months older. Ceci was one of their better D men art camp, in the summer camp, and during the season;

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan Murphy absolutely should have been on this team. Captain and best player by a mile at the last U18. If Ryan Ellis can make the team at 17 Murphy should make it at 18.

The PP better not struggle because I can already see the media Wing Dang Doodle about it Laugh1

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Canada typically just doesn't bring 17 year olds to the tournament, so unless Ceci really set himself apart he never had a real shot (and let's be honest, he really didn't set himself a part enough to warrant a change in philosophy as he woulda been the #6 at best).

He's 18 in a week. Murray is only 3 months older. Ceci was one of their better D men art camp, in the summer camp, and during the season;

I'm not saying I wouldn't have picked him, just that I'm not surprised. Murray is on a different level right now though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Beaulieu beat Murphy out for PP QB so I don't have a problem with him being left off in that respect. Beaulieu is legit.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Beaulieu beat Murphy out for PP QB so I don't have a problem with him being left off in that respect. Beaulieu is legit.

And he's also not a Rightie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum