GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCabe a Panther?

+7
Cronie
jamvan
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Mosky
PKC
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1McCabe a Panther? Empty McCabe a Panther? Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rumours swirl from everywhere, including Sportsnet, that McCabe has indeed waived his NTC and that the likely destination is Florida - probably for Bouwmeester.

Expect action tomorrow...
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/08/13/mccabe_trade_clause/

2McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:33 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If Florida trades Bouwmeester to Toronto for just McCabe, I will set out on a hunt to find Bryan Murray and Jacques Martin and kill the both of them. Period.

EDIT: After reading the article, I believe you misread it Heater. It says the deal is not likely for Bouwmeester, however, Florida is thinking of McCabe as a replacement of sorts for him.

3McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

I don't really see what Toronto could offer Florida for Bouw.. Florida is in dire need of offense and so it Toronto.. I wouldn't be surprised if McCabe did go to Florida, but i really don't see Bouw coming back.

4McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:I don't really see what Toronto could offer Florida for Bouw.. Florida is in dire need of offense and so it Toronto.. I wouldn't be surprised if McCabe did go to Florida, but i really don't see Bouw coming back.

I sure hope not because TO's D will be damn good in a couple years with the likes of Schenn, Bow and company.

5McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:50 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

We could still beat them. Smile lol

6McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:We could still beat them. Smile lol

Things would definitely get a lot harder though. TO's D and goalie situation would trump ours right?

7McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:52 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Rumours swirl from everywhere, including Sportsnet, that McCabe has indeed waived his NTC and that the likely destination is Florida - probably for Bouwmeester.

Here's what I wrote on this yesterday over at KLee's site:

"Someone has to say this: stupid Eklund and his stupid 'McCabe to Florida' rumours. I can't believe Kypreos is reporting this too. I'll print up this post and then send pictures to Eklund of me eating it as I wear a 'You were right, Ek,' T-shirt if McCabe goes to Florida.

I simply can't see it happening. Florida has 9 -- NINE -- defencemen under contract at the moment. By all accounts -- including from Dan Speigel, HB's blogger for the Panthers -- FLA is looking to OFF-LOAD 1-2 D before the start of camp. What would Florida send to TO in return? Two more defencemen TO doesn't need? Offence it doesn't have? And why in the name of God would McCabe waive his NMC to go to FLA of all places, where the team's prospects of making the playoffs in the short or long term are about as bleak as the Leafs'?

Certainly agree with the 'no J-Bo' stuff, tho' [which is in fact what Kypreos reported]. There's no chance J-Bo goes anywhere for Byran 'the problem contract' McCabe. Everyone in the league knows the Leafs want him and his big cap hit off the roster, so they're going to have to settle for a lot less than J-Bo in return. Like, maybe a role-player / mid-level prospect and a 2nd / 3rd pick at best."

I stand by that still. If Bouwmeester gets traded sometime soon -- and I really don't expect it will happen -- then MAYBE FLA goes for McCabe and I have to eat my post, but otherwise I can't see it happening.

8McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:Rumours swirl from everywhere, including Sportsnet, that McCabe has indeed waived his NTC and that the likely destination is Florida - probably for Bouwmeester.

Here's what I wrote on this yesterday over at KLee's site:

"Someone has to say this: stupid Eklund and his stupid 'McCabe to Florida' rumours. I can't believe Kypreos is reporting this too. I'll print up this post and then send pictures to Eklund of me eating it as I wear a 'You were right, Ek,' T-shirt if McCabe goes to Florida.

I simply can't see it happening. Florida has 9 -- NINE -- defencemen under contract at the moment. By all accounts -- including from Dan Speigel, HB's blogger for the Panthers -- FLA is looking to OFF-LOAD 1-2 D before the start of camp. What would Florida send to TO in return? Two more defencemen TO doesn't need? Offence it doesn't have? And why in the name of God would McCabe waive his NMC to go to FLA of all places, where the team's prospects of making the playoffs in the short or long term are about as bleak as the Leafs'?

Certainly agree with the 'no J-Bo' stuff, tho' [which is in fact what Kypreos reported]. There's no chance J-Bo goes anywhere for Byran 'the problem contract' McCabe. Everyone in the league knows the Leafs want him and his big cap hit off the roster, so they're going to have to settle for a lot less than J-Bo in return. Like, maybe a role-player / mid-level prospect and a 2nd / 3rd pick at best."

I stand by that still. If Bouwmeester gets traded sometime soon -- and I really don't expect it will happen -- then MAYBE FLA goes for McCabe and I have to eat my post, but otherwise I can't see it happening.

I think a link to your HB comment would have been sufficient :lol!: . Seriously though I agree with everything there and I can see you feel pretty strongly about this. I won't be holding my breath to watch you eat your printed post that's for sure. :D

9McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:22 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

I think a link to your HB comment would have been sufficient :lol!: . Seriously though I agree with everything there and I can see you feel pretty strongly about this. I won't be holding my breath to watch you eat your printed post that's for sure. :D

I will be. I want to see that Smile lol

10McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mosky69 wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

I will be. I want to see that Smile lol

Don't get me wrong, It would be fun to watch Smile, I just don't think it's likely to happen is all.

11McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Friggin site, I've been trying to add a signature to my posts and I can't seem to get it working arghh!! :evil:

12McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If the Panthers get McCabe (Mathius (sp), perhaps Boynton and a high pick), then you can expect Bow to be traded before the deadline. Florida has no one but Horton to put the puck in the net. Booth is coming along, but he's not there yet. Stillman is great...when partnered with someone good to elite. So...McCabe to Florida would preceed a Bow trade.

I was getting tired last night and read 90% of the reports. Most seemed to say Bow was certainly heading the other way, then there's the rest who say that TO simple doesn't have the young forward(s) that Florida would want in return.

13McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:If the Panthers get McCabe (Mathius (sp), perhaps Boynton and a high pick), then you can expect Bow to be traded before the deadline. Florida has no one but Horton to put the puck in the net. Booth is coming along, but he's not there yet. Stillman is great...when partnered with someone good to elite. So...McCabe to Florida would preceed a Bow trade.

I was getting tired last night and read 90% of the reports. Most seemed to say Bow was certainly heading the other way, then there's the rest who say that TO simple doesn't have the young forward(s) that Florida would want in return.
The deal from what I am told is for Van Ryn and another roster player. Spector is saying the other guy is Skrakins, but I have a feeling it's Van Ryn and Dvorak, who has been on the block for awhile now.

14McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well boys, for what it's worth, an update was posted on Hockeybums stating that Fletcher has FLAT OUT denied that McCabe has indeed waived his clause. He also mentions that a deal may not happen until after they pay McCabe the $2M signing bonus they owe him...

15McCabe a Panther? Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Van Ryn and a roster player...

Well, TO is going for Hedman, that's for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum