GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCabe a Panther

+5
wprager
jamvan
rooneypoo
PKC
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1McCabe a Panther Empty McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC calls this at 10 in the "McCabe deal may be off..." thread. Nice and alert! Good one.

End of story now according to TSN.

It will be announced tommorow at 11:00AM.

May I ask why the Maple Leafs have to give up a pick too? Oh...because they keep signing NMCs.

Florida are absolute heavyweights on D now. Maybe enough to get them in without having any scoring whatsoever.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=248234&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

2McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:43 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Let's not get crazy here. They have a very nice, well-rounded D, but they still have a pile of Dung for an offense.

3McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Let's not get crazy here. They have a very nice, well-rounded D, but they still have a pile of Dung for an offense.

It's a sexy D and a terrible offense for sure. Stillman and Horton will be getting nice, slick outlet passes, that's for sure.

4McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:44 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And then running into team defenses built around shutting those two down.

5McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:45 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:End of story now according to TSN.

May I ask why the Maple Leafs have to give up a pick too? Oh...because they keep signing NMCs.

Florida are absolute heavyweights on D now. Maybe enough to get them in without having any scoring whatsoever.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=248234&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Toronto has to GIVE UP the draft pick? LMAO! When I skimmed the story this afternoon, I just presumed it was the other way around.

What a great return: a busted Van Ryn for your former #1 PP QB and a draft pick. If it's anything higher than a 4th I'll be squealing with delight for a week.

That's actually a pretty good deal for FLA, I can't blame them for taking it. McCabe's salary hit sucks and he's more accident-prone than Meszaros, but no one's going to FLA of their own volition anytime soon, so I guess you take what you can get...

6McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I doubt its anything higher than a 4th or let the JFJ comparisons begin.

7McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:And then running into team defenses built around shutting those two down.

:D Yep.

8McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Toronto has to GIVE UP the draft pick? LMAO! When I skimmed the story this afternoon, I just presumed it was the other way around.

What a great return: a busted Van Ryn for your former #1 PP QB and a draft pick. If it's anything higher than a 4th I'll be squealing with delight for a week.

That's actually a pretty good deal for FLA, I can't blame them for taking it. McCabe's salary hit sucks and he's more accident-prone than Meszaros, but no one's going to FLA of their own volition anytime soon, so I guess you take what you can get...

I like the cap hit. I would like to roll around in it to be honest. 5.75 million for a guy that routinely hits mid to high 50s, two years removed from a 70 point season. Boy, I would've loved to have this guy.

Van Ryn on the other hand had back to back 37 point seasons before whatever truck it was ran over him. It's a good deal both ways seeing as how McCabe wasn't wanted.

Weird though, if I was Fletcher I would be stock piling picks.

9McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:PKC calls this at 10 in the "McCabe deal may be off..." thread. Nice and alert! Good one.

End of story now according to TSN.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=248234&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=248234&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl[/quote[/url]]
Florida is losing this deal hands down. McCabe is more useless than Redden on a good day.

10McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:
Florida is losing this deal hands down. McCabe is more useless than Redden on a good day.

Hmm, I can't agree. I think he can be just as useless, but he's more physical than Wade, and a better PPQB at this point. Redden never shoots any more. Even discounting the salary difference, I'd take McCabe over Redden in a flash.

11McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:05 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Hmm, I can't agree. I think he can be just as useless, but he's more physical than Wade, and a better PPQB at this point. Redden never shoots any more. Even discounting the salary difference, I'd take McCabe over Redden in a flash.
Your absolutely entitled to your opinion, but I wasn't saying one is better than the other really, but I will say oth have not been able to adapt to the way the game is played today. Without the clutch and grab, McCabe is unneffective. I have not seen one Leaf fan who isn't happy that he'll finally be gone.

12McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:17 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Toronto has to GIVE UP the draft pick? LMAO! When I skimmed the story this afternoon, I just presumed it was the other way around.

I like the cap hit. I would like to roll around in it to be honest. 5.75 million for a guy that routinely hits mid to high 50s, two years removed from a 70 point season. Boy, I would've loved to have this guy.

Van Ryn on the other hand had back to back 37 point seasons before whatever truck it was ran over him. It's a good deal both ways seeing as how McCabe wasn't wanted.

Weird though, if I was Fletcher I would be stock piling picks.

WHOA! I've been away for a few days and then I see that Fletcher had to sacrifice a pick?!?! What gives?!?! I agree Heater...If I'm Fletcher, I should be stockpiling them, not throwing them away... Weird...

13McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Perhaps defensively, but offensively, there are few better PP QBs in the NHL.

14McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:28 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa! Even though Florida's D looks almost impressive, am I the only one thinking JM's days in Florida are coming to an end?!?!

15McCabe a Panther Empty Re: McCabe a Panther Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:
WHOA! I've been away for a few days and then I see that Fletcher had to sacrifice a pick?!?! What gives?!?! I agree Heater...If I'm Fletcher, I should be stockpiling them, not throwing them away... Weird...

Maybe because Florida's getting a NMC with McCabe, so there's like, no market for him now. That might be why they insisted on a draft pick. I'd be scared of a NMC as well. What if something happens and you really want to drop him for a pick?

Strange scenario...but funny. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum