GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCabe Update...deal with Panthers could be off.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16530

How is it that anyone would actually believe that a deal which had been specifically and directly denied by the TML GM, is actually just "off"?

cash wrote:How is it that anyone would actually believe that a deal which had been specifically and directly denied by the TML GM, is actually just "off"?

Gms say that all the time. its second nature to deny everything

Yeah and 90% of the time, nothing happens after they've denied it.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tukker wrote:
cash wrote:How is it that anyone would actually believe that a deal which had been specifically and directly denied by the TML GM, is actually just "off"?

Gms say that all the time. its second nature to deny everything

Exactly! I keep hoping one day one GM will be like "Yeah, I totallys screwed the other guy, but it's true!" or something like that! That would be hilarious!

In fact, I half expected the Coyotes GM to say that after they acquired Jokinen! LOL

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:

Exactly! I keep hoping one day one GM will be like "Yeah, I totallys screwed the other guy, but it's true!" or something like that! That would be hilarious!

In fact, I half expected the Coyotes GM to say that after they acquired Jokinen! LOL

Man, that deal STILL boggles my mind. Boyton, Ballard, and a 2nd. Seriously, they couldn't get PHO to throw in a 1st for the 2nd and/or a decent young prospect -- Joel Perrault, maybe? There had to be better offers out there than this.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

Man, that deal STILL boggles my mind. Boyton, Ballard, and a 2nd. Seriously, they couldn't get PHO to throw in a 1st for the 2nd and/or a decent young prospect -- Joel Perrault, maybe? There had to be better offers out there than this.

Yeah. Hard to believe that there wasn't 29 teams in the mix for Jokinen, especially because of that beauty of a contract he plays on.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

I was just thinking that. That's hilarious. Literally I was sitting here thinking about why the Panthers gave Jokinen away without so much as even a 1st rounder in there. His contract is amazing, he's awesome. I don't get. scratch

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking! How is it that the offer put forth by Phoenix was what tipped the scales in their favor? Man, I would LOVE to know what other teams were offering and what Martin subsequently turned down! It truly boggles the mind, that's for sure! That's up there with Milbury's f**k-up courtesy of the amazing Bryan Murray! LOL

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I was just thinking that. That's hilarious. Literally I was sitting here thinking about why the Panthers gave Jokinen away without so much as even a 1st rounder in there. His contract is amazing, he's awesome. I don't get. scratch

Well, just another opportunity to use the amazing urinating monkey!

Martin's decision making= squirrel

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

TSN is reporting that the pending trade of Bryan McCabe to the Florida Panthers will be announced tomorrow at 11 AM EST.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=248234&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

PKC wrote:TSN is reporting that the pending trade of Bryan McCabe to the Florida Panthers will be announced tomorrow at 11 AM EST.

Eklund squirrel

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:TSN is reporting that the pending trade of Bryan McCabe to the Florida Panthers will be announced tomorrow at 11 AM EST.

Nice, I moved this to This Just In, now that it's official.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum