GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCabe deal finalized

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McCabe deal finalized Empty McCabe deal finalized Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:30 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

McCabe and a 2010 4th round pick for Van Ryn

2McCabe deal finalized Empty Re: McCabe deal finalized Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:McCabe and a 2010 4th round pick for Van Ryn

A 4th??? Wow.

Now the countdown to when TO buys out Van Ryn begins. If he has another year like the last, I don't think he finishes his current contract there.

3McCabe deal finalized Empty Re: McCabe deal finalized Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

A 4th??? Wow.

Now the countdown to when TO buys out Van Ryn begins. If he has another year like the last, I don't think he finishes his current contract there.

Another countdown to keep in mind is the Jeff Finger countdown. Opening night, Leafs' faithful are applauding their heroes one by one as the P.A. guy announces them. Jeff Finger gets a polite applause while people look around at each other thinking "Who the Diddle is that?"

4McCabe deal finalized Empty Re: McCabe deal finalized Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

A 4th??? Wow.

Boing! Where do I sign. I'll gladly take him for a 2nd.

Dung, I can't help it. :D I'm addicted to acquiring player, but I actually like this guy.

Franking stupid deal from TO's POV. McCabe was a 55+ point guy and they let him walk, with a pick. Like they grow on trees these offensive D-men. Has anyone other than Lidstrom outscored him post lockout?

Idiots. May as well trade Van Ryn immediately for a pick and try to salvage something out of this.

5McCabe deal finalized Empty Re: McCabe deal finalized Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:54 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

A 4th??? Wow.

Dung, I can't help it. :D I'm addicted to acquiring player, but I actually like this guy.

Franking stupid deal from TO's POV. McCabe was a 55+ point guy and they let him walk, with a pick. Like they grow on trees these offensive D-men. Has anyone other than Lidstrom outscored him post lockout?

Idiots. May as well trade Van Ryn immediately for a pick and try to salvage something out of this.

I'm with you on that one.

What boggles my mind even further, is that Toronto gave up the pick, not Florida. Wow.

6McCabe deal finalized Empty Re: McCabe deal finalized Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:20 am

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

A 4th??? Wow.

Seriously. Fletcher is cleaning house no matter what it costs. Buyouts, draft picks. Holy crap TO is in trouble for a long time...

7McCabe deal finalized Empty Re: McCabe deal finalized Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:55 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Did you read Jacques Martin's comments about it? He basically told Fletcher that as a favor for taking that contract and money off their hands that Fletcher would have to agree to give up a pick as well.
Boy, McCabe cornered them real good on this one. He only accepted a trade to Florida, Fletcher was Diddle from the get go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum