GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCabe a Panther?

+7
Cronie
jamvan
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
Mosky
PKC
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:If the Panthers get McCabe (Mathius (sp), perhaps Boynton and a high pick), then you can expect Bow to be traded before the deadline. Florida has no one but Horton to put the puck in the net. Booth is coming along, but he's not there yet. Stillman is great...when partnered with someone good to elite. So...McCabe to Florida would preceed a Bow trade.

I was getting tired last night and read 90% of the reports. Most seemed to say Bow was certainly heading the other way, then there's the rest who say that TO simple doesn't have the young forward(s) that Florida would want in return.
The deal from what I am told is for Van Ryn and another roster player. Spector is saying the other guy is Skrakins, but I have a feeling it's Van Ryn and Dvorak, who has been on the block for awhile now.

17McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well boys, for what it's worth, an update was posted on Hockeybums stating that Fletcher has FLAT OUT denied that McCabe has indeed waived his clause. He also mentions that a deal may not happen until after they pay McCabe the $2M signing bonus they owe him...

18McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Van Ryn and a roster player...

Well, TO is going for Hedman, that's for sure.

19McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:16 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

I think a link to your HB comment would have been sufficient :lol!: . Seriously though I agree with everything there and I can see you feel pretty strongly about this. I won't be holding my breath to watch you eat your printed post that's for sure. :D

Sorry, I tend not to paste web links because I find that they often create formatting problems with my posts. Point taken, tho' -- although, then again, I don't see the harm in reducing KLee's / Eklund's traffic even more. :D

20McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:18 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Van Ryn and a roster player...

LOL

21McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:18 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well boys, for what it's worth, an update was posted on Hockeybums stating that Fletcher has FLAT OUT denied that McCabe has indeed waived his clause. He also mentions that a deal may not happen until after they pay McCabe the $2M signing bonus they owe him...

:lol!: Wow, who would have thought that this 'McCabe to FLA' rumour is potentially a big pile of BS? Colour me surprised.

22McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:35 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Who is Hedman ???

23McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:36 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:If the Panthers get McCabe (Mathius (sp), perhaps Boynton and a high pick), then you can expect Bow to be traded before the deadline. Florida has no one but Horton to put the puck in the net. Booth is coming along, but he's not there yet. Stillman is great...when partnered with someone good to elite. So...McCabe to Florida would preceed a Bow trade.

I was getting tired last night and read 90% of the reports. Most seemed to say Bow was certainly heading the other way, then there's the rest who say that TO simple doesn't have the young forward(s) that Florida would want in return.
The deal from what I am told is for Van Ryn and another roster player. Spector is saying the other guy is Skrakins, but I have a feeling it's Van Ryn and Dvorak, who has been on the block for awhile now.

Now THAT is a deal I can buy: Van Ryn/Skraskins + Dvorak/Zednik for McCabe.

Basically, the only way I can see someone taking on McCabe's contract is if TO agrees to take on someone else's problems in return. That's about the best they can hope for if they want roster players in return.

Hmmm, this makes me a little nervous.... I haven't really got much of an appetite for a my earlier post... Shocked!

24McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:

Who is Hedman ???

Victor Hedman, the number one pick from next year's draft (people are starting to talk about Tavares being nowhere near as good).

Hedman and Karlsson are playing together in the U-18 tourney and apparently Hedman set up Karlsson for a masterpiece goal.

25McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:

Who is Hedman ???

Victor Hedman, the number one pick from next year's draft (people are starting to talk about Tavares being nowhere near as good).

Hedman and Karlsson are playing together in the U-18 tourney and apparently Hedman set up Karlsson for a masterpiece goal.

Which Karlsson? Is that our boy?

26McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:46 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Hedman is a very good player, very versatile.. he should work well in the show.. depending on where he goes.. he might not flourish enough in Toronto but who knows what they will look like next year anyway...

27McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:47 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Yep, Erik Karlsson, our #1 pick this past draft.

28McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Yep, Erik Karlsson, our #1 pick this past draft.

The 2010/11 D should be fantastic assuming things progress as hoped (Mesz included)

A D with Volchie, Mesz, Lee and Karlsson should be wicked good by then. affraid

- Unknown Author

29McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
mosky69 wrote:We could still beat them. Smile lol

Things would definitely get a lot harder though. TO's D and goalie situation would trump ours right?

With Bouwmeester it would, yes. D, solid goaltending, and a good coach can win you a lot of games.

BUT...

Bouwmeester is not coming to Toronto. Florida *may* be looking at McCabe as a replacement for Bouwmeester but the return for Bouwmeester will be much higher, and I don't see the Leafs being able to offer what Florida wants, except for maybe a 1st rounder... which I really hope they won't give up.

30McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:Well boys, for what it's worth, an update was posted on Hockeybums stating that Fletcher has FLAT OUT denied that McCabe has indeed waived his clause. He also mentions that a deal may not happen until after they pay McCabe the $2M signing bonus they owe him...

I would guess that the NMC has been waived, probably a while ago, and almost certainly only for a few select teams.

Denial, in situations like this mean nothing.

I do expect though that nothing happens until the Leafs pay the 2 million bonus.

31McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Basically, the only way I can see someone taking on McCabe's contract is if TO agrees to take on someone else's problems in return. That's about the best they can hope for if they want roster players in return.

Hmmm, this makes me a little nervous.... I haven't really got much of an appetite for a my earlier post... Shocked!

Oh uh. Now TSN is saying that FLA and TO appear to have "agreed upon in principle" a deal for McCabe that would happen sometime after Sept. 1:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=246307&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_nhl

The odds of me eating my post just went up another 25% or so. :pale:

32McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Oh uh. Now TSN is saying that FLA and TO appear to have "agreed upon in principle" a deal for McCabe that would happen sometime after Sept. 1:

:lol!: You'll have to let us know when that happens so we can broadcast it live here on GM Central?

- Unknown Author

33McCabe a Panther? - Page 2 Empty Re: McCabe a Panther? Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

:lol!: You'll have to let us know when that happens so we can broadcast it live here on GM Central?

Talk about a page hit bonus. It would be like the time that guy on Yahoo! Sports predicted that the Bears would finish dead last in their division, and that he would eat his laptop if they made the playoffs. (They ended up finishing first in their division) and the Chicago fans bombarded Yahoo! with emails demanding he keep his word and eat his laptop. He ate one made out of cake, but it would be real cool if rooneypoo ate the paper version of his post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum