GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010

+13
Phoenix30
pegsensfan
smash88
Hayden
stempniaksen
SensHulk
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
Riprock
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Toronto @ Ottawa Mar 6, 2010

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap256%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 56% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM EST. SAT. Mar 6, 2010 - Page 11 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Spezza has 3 more goals than Heatley in the playoffs in 5 more games.

Dash wrote:Spezza has 3 more goals than Heatley in the playoffs in 5 more games.

Doesnt matter man, Spezza shows up in some different ways ( I cant believe Im defending him). Spezza is always front and center making plays, will actually drops the glvoes when needed (reg season), and can get involved in a gritty playoff game. Stop looking at the stats man, in the playoffs they can be totally skewed like they are in Heatley's case. It doesnt show the heartless, gutless effort he has always put in.

Like the old saying(s) go, stats lie and stats are also, indeed, for losers.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

My job here is done - I've got you praising Spezza.

There is probably a lot of upside for Michalek, but Heatley's a proven scorer, whether you like it or not. This post-season will obviously be a big defining factor for Heater to show he can produce in the playoffs on any team (the majority if not all of his games in the post-season came as a Senator).

I don't think you can blame him for failing as a leader either because SJ is not his team, that would be the Thornton's, the Marleau's and the Blake's and Boyle's.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:My job here is done - I've got you praising Spezza.

There is probably a lot of upside for Michalek, but Heatley's a proven scorer, whether you like it or not. This post-season will obviously be a big defining factor for Heater to show he can produce in the playoffs on any team (the majority if not all of his games in the post-season came as a Senator).

I don't think you can blame him for failing as a leader either because SJ is not his team, that would be the Thornton's, the Marleau's and the Blake's and Boyle's.

That's convinient. The same way that Ottawa was Alfredsson, Redden and Spezza's team?

Heatley does have value, and I even think he's started to change his game a bit. That being said, it doesn't change the fact that this guy is one dimensional and is incredibly selfish in most aspects (stupid penalties, ect).

He does have value as a scorer, but he won't ever be that game breaker, especially once the playoffs roll around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Michalek = 16 points in 39 playoff games.

Heatley = 35 points in 34 playoff games.

It's hard to argue stats like that. But I'll try. We all know that Alfie/Heatley/Spezza led the playoffs in points that year, each with 22 points. Heatley is the sniper of those three, correct? Explain, then, why Heatley had 7 goals, to Alfie's 14? Spezza also had 7 goals, but you expect that from a slick-passing centerman. I don't have the breakdown on primary versus secondary assists, but I'll bet Neely is right saying Heatley got a lot of points from secondary assists.

Also, he got fully 5 of his 7 goals in the first two rounds, and only 1 goal in each of the last two rounds. Certainly sounds like when the going got tough Dany went packing..

Absolutely. Heatley is the highest paid player on The Sens and The Sharks, that's why his teams have failed because you cant depend on the guy that is supposed to be the be all and end all. Heatley pakcs it up when things get though just like Joe Thornton.

Man, I dont know what I want more, a Sens win or The sharks to get bounced on the first round again... tough, I'lll take a Sens win in the 1st round, but just by a hair.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, just looked at the game summaries. Dany Heatley had 9 secondary assists to go with 6 primary ones. By comparison, Spezza had 8 primary and 7 secondary assists. Not a huge difference but, then again, no one here is accusing Spezza of being a clutch playoff performed.

Put it another way, if secondary assists did not count, then Heatley would have had 13 points to Spezza's 15.

Alfrredsson would have had 21 points, as only one of his 8 assists was secondary. But we all probably already knew that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dany Heatley leads the league with game winning goals (8). Facepalm

Live by the stats; die by the stats.

wprager wrote:Dany Heatley leads the league with game winning goals (8). Facepalm

Regular season, big deal. The Sharks have a great PP that will see less and less time come playoffs, they also have a goalie who chokes every time games mean something.

I watch SJ a lot and they dont impress me, Heatley even less.

Anyways, Spezza defently shows up in the playoffs, he has most of his career, he has scored some huge goals and set some up. From the day Spezza got here, he has been pretty solid. The problem with Spezza is he gets frustrated and packs it in when teams shut him down, not when things get rough.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:Dany Heatley leads the league with game winning goals (8). Facepalm

Regular season, big deal. The Sharks have a great PP that will see less and less time come playoffs, they also have a goalie who chokes every time games mean something.

I watch SJ a lot and they dont impress me, Heatley even less.

Maybe they'll go with Greiss Smile It's hard to not go with Nabby, though, when he's sporting .927/2.26 stats. The coach would have to have balls of brass (and a nice nest egg set aside) to go with the back up. I wouldn't want to be McLelland.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

is there a way to somehow, someway, be louder than the leafs fans at sbp??? Just maybe to outnumber them as well? I don't remember it being this bad, but its freakin' terrible now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:The game that should really determine how serious this team is will be on Tuesday against The Oilers. This is easily the worst team in the league, they have no defense, no goaltending, and minimal offense. The Sens, sick or not, should win that game and I'm assuming by Tueaday night they will all be pretty much healthy and good to go.

Edmonton is the perfect place to start the road trip and hopefully get it off to a good start.

Deslaurier stoned the Devils 2-0 last night. That gives the Oilers a 2 game winning streak, during which they scored 3 goals, total. Maybe they have some goaltending and defense after all. Can't really argue about your assessment of their offense. But, then again, the Sens scored 3 goals in their last *three* games.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:My job here is done - I've got you praising Spezza.

If the Olympics are any indicator, then that SJ line disappears when it matters most. I liked Marleau's game, but that's about it. Their ice time was down big time in those last 2-3 games, and they weren't doing much of anything by the end.

I'd be super concerned by that kind of thing if I were a SJ fan.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

New GDT is up.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:is there a way to somehow, someway, be louder than the leafs fans at sbp??? Just maybe to outnumber them as well? I don't remember it being this bad, but its freakin' terrible now.

I had an idea for the in-house audio guy to pump cheering or chants of "Alfie" to drown out the booing when he has the puck. But he wasn't playing that game.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
Michallica wrote:is there a way to somehow, someway, be louder than the leafs fans at sbp??? Just maybe to outnumber them as well? I don't remember it being this bad, but its freakin' terrible now.

I had an idea for the in-house audio guy to pump cheering or chants of "Alfie" to drown out the booing when he has the puck. But he wasn't playing that game.

It would be quite sad if it came to that....What the fans need is more than just a go sens go chant to count on. Everytime sens fans start the 'go sens go', leafs fans start the 'go leafs go' and vice versa, where in the end it just sounds like "go slensfs go". I remember sens fans used to do the Leafs Suck chant. We need that and more to really irritate the leafs and their fans. Fuuuudge I wish I could be there for the next home game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:

Do you know the guy? If not, how did you get access to him? I wonder if this is something we can suggest to "management". Is there a "Sugegstions Box" link? I've got some suggestions about the parking lot issues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum