GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

+15
Ev
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
SDH89
LeCaptain
asq2
cash
Flo The Action
Riprock
wprager
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Game Day: Toronto at Ottawa, Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 LargeGAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 AtGAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 27, 2010 Large

"Battle of Ontario or Battle of the Blades?"

The Ottawa Senators (10-12-1, 21pts) play host to the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs (8-10-3, 19pts) in this year's third installment of the Battle of Ontario (and the first at Scotia Bank Place). Looking at the last 10 games played, both teams appear to have struggled. The Sens are coming off a fairly impressive outing against the Pittsburgh Penguins, where they outshot and often outplayed their opponent, only to lose 2-1 (hey, if TSN doesn't bring it up in their highligths, neither will I, but we all know what happened). While the offensive output -- in the number of shots taken -- was impressive (they had 21 shots in the 1st period, which matched their game totals in each of the two preceding games), the offensive production continues to be missing.

The Leafs come into town sporting a 7 game road losing streak. The last time they lost 8 in a row away from the ACC was 14 years ago, and it wasn't called the ACC. Like the Sens, the Leafs' road troubles are also rooted in production, as they have scored an unimpressive 8 goals over the 7 game losing streak. To put a cherry on top, the Leafs blew 6 powerplay opportunities agaisnt the Buffalo Sabres, with only Phil Kessel's short-handed effort preventing a fourth shutout over this skid. In all, the Leafs have scored 1 powerplay goal in the last 32 opportunities away from home.

Folks, don't expect a barn-burner tonight.

Game Coverage:

TV: CBC(HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: Check: ATDHE.net and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Gustavsson to start for the Leafs.
Leclaire likely for the Sens (he deserves the start but not the lack of support).

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Toronto

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

None

Toronto Maple Leafs Key Injuries:

Colby Armstrong (finger surgery, broken foot) on injured reserve and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks
    Dion Phaneuf (left leg surgery) on injured reserve and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks
    Jean-Sebastien Giguere (groin) expected to miss 1-2 weeks

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Sophomore
Sophomore

game recap

ottawa scores first goal
ottawa gets penalty
toronto scores on power play
ottawa scores
ottawa gets penalty
ottawa scores
with 5 minutes left in game, ottawa gets penalty
toronto players trip, hold, and cross check senators on power play until they score on power play
overtime, toronto players trip, hold, and cross check senators until they score
toronto fans gloat, sens fans pout, league does nothing

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

so.... 4-3 OT loss for Senators?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:game recap

ottawa scores first goal
ottawa gets penalty
ottawa scores
ottawa gets penalty
ottawa scores
with 5 minutes left in game, ottawa gets penalty
toronto players trip, hold, and cross check senators on power play until they score on power play
overtime, toronto players trip, hold, and cross check senators until they score
toronto fans gloat, sens fans pout, league does nothing
scary, but you might be right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guys, guys, I just figured something out! We've all been thinking that the Leafs fans are booing Alfie, but they are really just saying BoO, as in Battle of Ontario.

Ah, I feel so stupid now, thinking that all this time they were being obnoxious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:so.... 4-3 OT loss for Senators?

Sorry, that's not one of the poll options.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Guys, guys, I just figured something out! We've all been thinking that the Leafs fans are booing Alfie, but they are really just saying BoO, as in Battle of Ontario.

Ah, I feel so stupid now, thinking that all this time they were being obnoxious.

Maybe it is directed towards Bruce "BooBoo" Garrioch?

If we had Brent Burns, maybe we could have passed it off as Boo-urns?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

14,873 on hand to watch the Bingo Sens versus the Hamilton Bulldogs, last night at the SBP. Biggest AHL crowd of the season. Too bad the B-Sens got shut out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Forgot to mention in the first post (although it was obvious from the standings listed) that the Sens are just 2 points ahead of the Leafs, and Toronto holds 2 games in hand. Sabres are tied with the Sens at 21 points heading into their game against the Habs, but have played one more game.

In other words, this is a very important game, standings-wise.

Ottawa is just 4 points back of a playoff spot. Atlanta, having just shut out Montreal, holds down the 8th spot with 25 points. Carolina is a single point ahead of the Sens (but with a game in hand) in 9th.

You could have 5 teams within 5 points of the final playoff spot if the two teams chasing Atlanta who have a game in hand win it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cheechoo had 4 points in his last 18 games with the Sens; Folilgno has 5 in 23.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Cheechoo cost 3M and wasn't 23 years old. Pretty much an irrelevant comparison.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

Maybe. Its just me but I find our coachng staff is terrible in handling the younger players.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Elliott starts - another great decision from Clouston.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Also, not that I can defend his start to the year, but Foligno's had moments/games where he's been all over the puck and really given the defenders fits in the offensive zone. Not only did Cheechoo not produce, but he didn't do a whole lot of anything else (though not for lack of effort). Granted, he was probably responsible for significantly fewer turn-overs. Foligno's gotta stop trying to imitate Kovalev and start lowering the shoulder and challenging defencemen physically.

I hate to say it, but same with Regin. Don't worry about trying to deke the entire team, it'll rarely work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum